Kyron Horman Discussion Thread 2020 - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not logical that no one talked about what the alleged man looked like; that Terri didn't hear any rumors; that no one heard anything; and that if it was a credible suspect LE would not have put out a description. More likely that it was not a credible report and that if there was a man, he was cleared.
Who says no one talked about what the alleged man looked like? It is, however, the sad fact that unless he looked very distinctive, there was likely little reason for anyone to give much attention to him. I suspect the descriptions are mostly "white male, average height, hair may be brown" or the like. But, again, we do know that the police asked about a strange person who wasn't Terri or Dede, and provided no description of them.
Absolutely, if parents think there children have been put at risk, it's typical for them to make all kinds of demands.
Do you have an example?

<modsnip>

Terri is the one named as a suspect by her own attorney and a judge. Terri placed herself as the last one with Kyron and the last to see him. Terri left her tiny child with a man that she had nothing good to say about. Not just temporarily, but now for over 12 years. Wasn't she worried that Kaine would say negative things about her to the child? A path was laid out for her to regain contact with her child, why didn't she take it?

IMO she has a fantasy that when the chid is 18, they will have a happy and lovely reunification. How will she explain to the child why she left her? Well, I was just sure that everyone was ganging up on me and that if I answered any more questions I would go to jail. So I stopped trying. I just knew you would understand.

That reunification is never going to happen. She'll be arrested by then.

Last edited by a moderator:
The conversation on "Dr. Phil" after the first commercial break pivoted to Facebook posts Terri Horman published four days after Kyron went missing.

"You don't know what is going on and you say, 'Hitting the gym tomorrow. I didn't get home until 8 p.m. tonight," McGraw said.

The conversation then moved to Terri's use of the past tense she talked about Kyron in the days after his disappearance. Young in 2013 told McGraw that she felt suspicious when Terri told her she'd "loved" Kyron.

I am troubled by the direction of painting Desiree as non-credible, incorrect, vengeful, wrong, and at fault. IMO it's an attempt to distract and deflect and change the narrative.

Terri is the one named as a suspect by her own attorney and a judge. Terri placed herself as the last one with Kyron and the last to see him. Terri left her tiny child with a man that she had nothing good to say about. Not just temporarily, but now for over 12 years. Wasn't she worried that Kaine would say negative things about her to the child? A path was laid out for her to regain contact with her child, why didn't she take it?

IMO she has a fantasy that when the chid is 18, they will have a happy and lovely reunification. How will she explain to the child why she left her? Well, I was just sure that everyone was ganging up on me and that if I answered any more questions I would go to jail. So I stopped trying. I just knew you would understand.

That reunification is never going to happen. She'll be arrested by then.
No one is "painting Desiree as" anything other than a grieving emotional mother that has lost her child. Anger is a stage of grief. Often, they need a focus for their anger. Desiree has plenty of reasons to be angry with Terri. This anger is leading her to unintentionally distort the facts. She believes what she is saying. Also, medications given to grieving family members so they can cope can increase this anger without them being aware of the side effect. I have firsthand experience with this.

No one is "painting Desiree as" anything other than a grieving emotional mother that has lost her child. Anger is a stage of grief. Often, they need a focus for their anger. Desiree has plenty of reasons to be angry with Terri. This anger is leading her to unintentionally distort the facts. She believes what she is saying. Also, medications given to grieving family members so they can cope can increase this anger without them being aware of the side effect. I have firsthand experience with this.
I agree, and I'm sorry for your loss.

No one is "painting Desiree as" anything other than a grieving emotional mother that has lost her child. Anger is a stage of grief. Often, they need a focus for their anger. Desiree has plenty of reasons to be angry with Terri. This anger is leading her to unintentionally distort the facts. She believes what she is saying. Also, medications given to grieving family members so they can cope can increase this anger without them being aware of the side effect.
Not once have I seen Desiree angry.

I would like to see Desiree angry. Very angry. And united with a very angry Kaine.

Both together as a united front demanding justice for their 7-year-old child.

The DA's office might take notice.

Anger solves nothing. It only destroys.
Snipped:

The Value of Anger: 16 Reasons It’s Good to Get Angry​

Anger serves as a social and personal value indicator and regulator. It is activated when our values are not in harmony with the situation we face. Accordingly, it makes us aware of our deep-seated beliefs and what we stand for.

It's worth the time it takes to read.

Justice for Kyron! Terri is not the victim!

How about righteous indignation?
Neither belongs or contributes to any investigation. This is why police officers, judges, elected officials, etc. have to recuse themselves when they are personally involved. As an elected official myself, I've had to get up and leave the room because someone I knew was involved.

Don't get me wrong. Anger, grief, determination do have a place keeping Kyron in the public eye.. Desiree has kept Kyron's disappearance in the news. If he is still alive, he could be found because of Desiree's determination to keep up the fight.

Is there a list of pedophiles in the area at the time Kyron went missing? What about residents living in the area at that time that have since been convicted of pedophilia?

How about righteous indignation?
Desiree shows amazing strength of character and purpose. Sometimes I wish she would lose her cool a little bit. It would certainly be "human". And justifiable.

Snipped quote: Three people: two adults and a classmate saw Kyron leave Skyline Elementary school with his stepmother Terri Horman and get into her pickup truck. Kyron’s DNA was found in the bed of the truck.

The book digs into the fact that a case like this can be prosecuted even though there is no body.

Snipped quote: "The question is, where does the investigation go from here," [Kaine] Horman said.

Staton said the public will be surprised when they learn more details of the case. "We have a knowledge of things we wish we didn't," he said.

Schrunk, whose office is helping with the reorganization, said investigators are prepared for a long haul.

"There is no one standing there with a smoking gun," Schrunk said. "You've got nearly 4,000 different leads. This is not one where the investigation and prosecution all occurs in 60 minutes" like a television program.

But the county fully expects a conclusion, Schrunk said. "We are going to try this case," he said.

Snipped quote/Pg 483: There was a hesitancy to arrest Terri. The police never leaned on her. They could have leaned on her if Kaine had disclosed more, but it would make him look bad. She had a super attorney. What I think happened is based on my conversations with Tony. I think Terri and Kaine fought until 3 a.m. on June 4. She took Kyron to school, made an appearance. Then they walked out. She might have driven to Sauvie Island, strangled and dumped him. I have a friend who is a Navy SEAL diver. He told me, “You go down two or three feet, you’re never seen again.” It’s a swamp. Desiree has acknowledged that Kyron is dead. I wonder what Kaine has to gain by saying that someone has Kyron.
"Boy Missing · The Search for Kyron Horman" by Rebecca Morris

Neither belongs or contributes to any investigation. This is why police officers, judges, elected officials, etc. have to recuse themselves when they are personally involved. As an elected official myself, I've had to get up and leave the room because someone I knew was involved.
I hope that was the case here:

Snipped quote: Ironically, DeDe’s father was a member of the Klamath County Dive and Rescue Team and was a marine deputy with the Klamath County Sheriff’s Office. The agencies had sent team members to Portland to help with the search for Kyron.

Snipped quote: There was one new piece of information: 'Terri [] is the last-known person to have seen him before he disappeared,' Multnomah County Sheriff's Capt. Jason Gates said, contrary to previous reports of someone else who might have seen the boy afterward.

Snipped quote: "Terri [] has been cooperative and there have been other times she has not," Staton told reporters. "We cannot speak to specifics regarding this issue."

As to whether anyone had been ruled out in Kyron's disappearance, Staton responded, "A number of people have been ruled out; we are unable to discuss the specifics of these individuals."

Snipped: Here, Wife filed a motion to abate the dissolution proceeding, because she is a de facto suspect in the disappearance of Kyron Horman. Because she is at the center of a police investigation, Wife contends she is unable to proceed in the ordinary course to protect her rights as to discovery, property division, support, and, particularly, custody and parenting time issues. In response to Wife’s motion for abatement, Husband filed seven pages of objections.

Snipped: The focus of the defendant’s motion is to stop the prosecution of this civil case while an ongoing active criminal investigation into both young Kyron Horman’s disappearance in 2010 and a murder-for-hire plot against Kyron’s father, Kaine Horman, is pending, so that the defendant (Terri Horman, Kyron’s step-mother and Kaine’s wife) is not required to decide whether to exercise her constitutional rights against self-incrimination under the United States and Oregon Constitutions before it is necessary to do so in any criminal prosecution which may follow the investigation. The plaintiff is Kyron’s mother. The defendant is a prime suspect in the investigation.

This is sobering. Kyron's stepfather shares this in the Rebecca Morris book.

Snipped quote: What Terri did was more simple than we think. Parts were planned. She knew school procedures, she had thought about it. But that day, it went into motion. If she had been [interrupted] in any way, she would have abandoned the plan. I think she took him to a place. She strangled him. That's based on the personal nature of her hatred for him. I don't think she had the stomach for a real graphic [kind of death]. I don't think she'd like the unpleasantness. She'd want to get rid of the body quickly. Whatever was easiest. Proximity was important. She may have dug a hole to bury him. I think she preselected a spot. Kyron was killed at that spot, not in the truck. Not where someone could see her. The odds [of finding him] are better if he was buried. The "after" part of the plan was not well planned out. One thing going for her was the terrain. It's tough to find a body. Bodies don't announce themselves. It will be more difficult if he is in water. I don't rule out Sauvie Island. Fishermen have fallen out of boats, were taken out to sea and never seen again.

Does anyone remember discussing the supposed "color-coding" system Kyron's teacher was using to monitor the children's behavior in the classroom? And the strict discipline Terri wanted to be meted out by Kaine if Kyron wasn't perfect?

Well, Desiree believes there is a good chance that was all made up by Terri.

Snipped quote: Her attitude changed in the past year after Kyron entered second grade, he [Kaine] said. His teacher, with a color-coding system for her class, rated the kids on their behavior. Green was good, yellow signaled moments of inattention, blue indicated trouble and red sent them home.

Kaine said the teacher called parents about a blue or red card. But he said his wife was the only parent who asked for daily accounts from the teacher.

"Terri wanted notification whether it was green, yellow, red or blue," he said. "Every day she wanted it. That, to me, is extremely excessive. The child is in second grade."

He said when Kyron brought home anything but a green card she wanted Kaine to discipline him by grounding him to his room for the evening, eliminating play time or not letting him watch movies.

"There was no room for error," Kaine said.

Snipped quote: At Christmas, Desiree was afraid that Terri’s obsessiveness with the color card system meant Kyron wouldn’t be allowed to visit or celebrate the holidays. She called Kaine’s house daily to talk to Kyron, trying to ease some of his stress. Desiree had Kyron write a letter to Santa, apologizing for his behavior.

But the code of conduct and the colored cards may have only existed in Terri’s playbook. Mothers of other children in Kyron’s class said it didn’t exist. When Desiree found out it was just a ploy of Terri’s, she was sickened. “The fact that I doubted Kyron’s honesty, that he thought I didn’t believe him, tore me up after he went missing,” Desiree said.

I hope that was the case here:

Snipped quote: Ironically, DeDe’s father was a member of the Klamath County Dive and Rescue Team and was a marine deputy with the Klamath County Sheriff’s Office. The agencies had sent team members to Portland to help with the search for Kyron.
I agree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members