Kyron's doctors appointment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually completely agree with you! And you're probably right, she didn't put much thought into the aftermath if she truly believed she would appear beyond suspicion. Because, if they had automatically assumed this was an abduction from school, nobody would have questioned what she did that day.

I don't know how the criminal mind works. Maybe the reason so many people get caught is because they don't think -everything- through from every angle. And thank God for that!

ITA with you, but I wanted to add something as well.

It's possible she didn't think everything through. It's also possible she thought things through way too much. She didn't even need the appointment for anyone to believe that Kyron was abducted from that school or wandered off. If they had called her to find out where he was, she could have played hysterical stepmother and said he wasn't with her. Instead, she worried too much about the school finding out he was gone too quickly, and the appointment was meant to put that off for several hours. It worked, but unfortunately, too many people knew about that appointment, and I have the feeling it's a big part of her undoing.

Like Casey Anthony, she talked way too much. And now things aren't adding up with what she said, and it's making her look like the one who did something to Kyron. I'm just aghast at how not just the internet and cellphones has made criminals so dumb in this day and age, but how their own mouths get them caught along with that. It's like people don't know how to shut up anymore because of the internet and cellphones. But hey, more of them get caught because of it, so that's a good thing in my book.

It's possible she didn't think everything through. It's also possible she thought things through way too much. She didn't even need the appointment for anyone to believe that Kyron was abducted from that school or wandered off. If they had called her to find out where he was, she could have played hysterical stepmother and said he wasn't with her. Instead, she worried too much about the school finding out he was gone too quickly, and the appointment was meant to put that off for several hours. It worked, but unfortunately, too many people knew about that appointment, and I have the feeling it's a big part of her undoing.

Like Casey Anthony, she talked way too much. And now things aren't adding up with what she said, and it's making her look like the one who did something to Kyron. I'm just aghast at how not just the internet and cellphones has made criminals so dumb in this day and age, but how their own mouths get them caught along with that. It's like people don't know how to shut up anymore because of the internet and cellphones. But hey, more of them get caught because of it, so that's a good thing in my book.

BBM
I'm still on the fence about TH's involvement with Kyron's disappearance, but if it turns out that she's guilty, I totally agree that the doctor's appointment would be the undoing of any plan!

The thing that is confusing to me, was it the last day of school?

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Media/kyr...ts-kids-school-boy-vanished/story?id=10864503

This article says parents were keeping their children home, but this one now says it was the last day, so the appt would not have been significant.

Terri Horman reportedly said she alerted them to the appointment that would happen that following Friday.

McCain said this report is "quite significant" because the day Kyron disappeared was the last day of school.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/07/26/earlyshow/main6713605.shtml

It's possible she didn't think everything through. It's also possible she thought things through way too much. She didn't even need the appointment for anyone to believe that Kyron was abducted from that school or wandered off. If they had called her to find out where he was, she could have played hysterical stepmother and said he wasn't with her.

Except that if they had seen him that morning and then he didn't show up in class, they might have called right away, before she had a chance to do anything she had planned to do with Kyron. She needed that window of time.

Except that if they had seen him that morning and then he didn't show up in class, they might have called right away, before she had a chance to do anything she had planned to do with Kyron. She needed that window of time.

True. But for that, only the teacher needed to know. Not his friends, not other parents, no one else but the teacher. Instead, a bunch of people are reporting that they knew about the appointment. Heck, I've even heard of just filing the reason for an absence with the front office and the teacher finding out from there why the kid isn't in class that day (at least that's how I remember it working when I was in school, maybe times have changed). Plus, if she thought they were lax about calling and finding out why a kid wasn't there, then why make up the appointment if she was going to get hours anyway before they even called? Didn't they just institute that when a child is absent, a parent is called to find out why?

Seems to me she overthought this part big time, and now it's come back to haunt her. Without the appointment, this totally could have been pinned on a pedophile or someone else. With the appointment and the confusion about the appointment, it points away from a stranger abduction and right at Terri like a bullseye.

But if Terri purposefully created confusion about the doctor's appointment, banking on everyone believing he was at his doctor's appointment while she was carrying out her nefarious plan, planning to back out later and say the teachers were all confused about the doctor's appointment while she alone knew that she used the doctor's appointment to cover his absence, then why would she want to check in with the school to see if anyone noticed if he was missing? At that point, she would've been using the confusion about the doctor's appointment as cover to explain his absence, and therefore would've known they (wrongly) believed he was at the doctor's appointment.

I think the email was just another thing in her alibi. What teacher has time to look at their email at 1:00 especially since it's the day of the talent show.

Why did she not go to the talent show?????

Her day had nothing pressing, and if the baby was so sick, she could have asked KH what time he was coming home so that either he or she could attend, since she is such a loving, caring, attentive parent.

I think the email was just another thing in her alibi. What teacher has time to look at their email at 1:00 especially since it's the day of the talent show.

Why did she not go to the talent show?????

Her day had nothing pressing, and if the baby was so sick, she could have asked KH what time he was coming home so that either he or she could attend, since she is such a loving, caring, attentive parent.

If Terri is responsible, the e-mail is superfluous. At that point it was 1:00, and Kyron had been missing all day. She was home -- able to check voicemail and find out if the school called. They hadn't. She was able to check her cell phone voicemail and, presumably, had it with her. The school hadn't called. Kaine hadn't called and left messages saying that the school had called him to report Kyron missing. By sheer lack of phone calls or e-mails inquiring about Kyron's whereabouts, she would've known that her plan worked.

Now, if she'd called her sent an e-mail trying to raise an alarm about Kyron's whereabouts, asking to speak to him or inquiring about how he was feeling, that would be a lot more suspect, IMHO. But, she didn't try to raise the alarm, she inquired about the science fair project.

By all accounts and what we know of it, the e-mail, IMHO, is normal. It's something a parent would ask, and it was asked through appropriate channels, IMHO.

The thing that is confusing to me, was it the last day of school?

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Media/kyr...ts-kids-school-boy-vanished/story?id=10864503

This article says parents were keeping their children home, but this one now says it was the last day, so the appt would not have been significant.

Terri Horman reportedly said she alerted them to the appointment that would happen that following Friday.

McCain said this report is "quite significant" because the day Kyron disappeared was the last day of school.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/07/26/earlyshow/main6713605.shtml

I'm beginning to see why this is a big deal to the police.

If Terri knew the appointment was the following Friday but school was going to be out then, why did the teacher need to know about it?

Why even tell a teacher about an appointment that was going to happen "after" school let out for the summer? That's even weirder than just lying about an appointment in the first place!

ETA: Actually June 15th was the last day of school according to their school calendar:
http://www.pps.k12.or.us/schools/skyline/203.htm

On the day Kyron disappeared the Science Fair isn't listed, but a Talent Show was. I believe I remember reading that it was happening later that day, but Kyron wasn't there.

Still, if the appointment was for Friday the 11th, that would be really close to the end of school, and still makes me wonder why the teacher would have to know about it weeks in advance (if the teacher was the one who got the date wrong).

If Terri is responsible, the e-mail is superfluous. At that point it was 1:00, and Kyron had been missing all day. She was home -- able to check voicemail and find out if the school called. They hadn't. She was able to check her cell phone voicemail and, presumably, had it with her. The school hadn't called. Kaine hadn't called and left messages saying that the school had called him to report Kyron missing. By sheer lack of phone calls or e-mails inquiring about Kyron's whereabouts, she would've known that her plan worked.

Now, if she'd called her sent an e-mail trying to raise an alarm about Kyron's whereabouts, asking to speak to him or inquiring about how he was feeling, that would be a lot more suspect, IMHO. But, she didn't try to raise the alarm, she inquired about the science fair project.

By all accounts and what we know of it, the e-mail, IMHO, is normal. It's something a parent would ask, and it was asked through appropriate channels, IMHO.

I disagree. I think the email was necessary. She told Kaine that she needed the truck to pick up the project. She never planned on picking up the project.

The email served 3 purposes - one was a "fishing" expedition to test the school waters (were they worried about Kyron?). Two, was to CYA with Kaine. "I emailed the teacher this afternoon about the picking up the project, and she said Monday morning would be better for her." Third was to establish an alibi at home on the home computer and to project a normal affect on her part.

True. But for that, only the teacher needed to know. Not his friends, not other parents, no one else but the teacher. Instead, a bunch of people are reporting that they knew about the appointment. Heck, I've even heard of just filing the reason for an absence with the front office and the teacher finding out from there why the kid isn't in class that day (at least that's how I remember it working when I was in school, maybe times have changed). Plus, if she thought they were lax about calling and finding out why a kid wasn't there, then why make up the appointment if she was going to get hours anyway before they even called? Didn't they just institute that when a child is absent, a parent is called to find out why?

Seems to me she overthought this part big time, and now it's come back to haunt her. Without the appointment, this totally could have been pinned on a pedophile or someone else. With the appointment and the confusion about the appointment, it points away from a stranger abduction and right at Terri like a bullseye.

Yes, I see what you're saying. Although it is possible that all the other people are just repeating either what the teacher said (that he was going to an appointment that day) or what TH said after the fact ("The teacher said I told her he had an appointment, but I told her it was for *next* Friday!").

In general, I think TH really does match the pattern you are describing, because KH and DY talked about how she was telling *everyone* about having failed the polygraph and giving all her explanations for why. So I think she does go around trying to create a cover story by spreading info far and wide, which ends up only looking more suspicious.

I think that may be what happened in the case where she supposedly told friends that baby K wasn't feeling well (phoning from the car?), in order to lend support to her story that she was driving her through the country to calm her.

This does remind me of Casey Anthony texting her friends about the bad smell in the car, saying her dad probably hit a squirrel, so that in case they smelled it, or heard about it, there would already be a cover story in place. Probably stuff like that is very effective unless it is carefully examined, the way LE does, for example.

JMO

Still, if the appointment was for Friday the 11th, that would be really close to the end of school, and still makes me wonder why the teacher would have to know about it weeks in advance (if the teacher was the one who got the date wrong).

Well, there was some talk of the teacher needing to fill out paperwork for the appointment, in which case TH would have given it to her in advance to give her time to complete it.

Well, there was some talk of the teacher needing to fill out paperwork for the appointment, in which case TH would have given it to her in advance to give her time to complete it.

And if the teacher had filled out the paperwork, did she give it to Terri? Because if she hadn't and didn't, why would she think the appointment was on the 4th? Otherwise, it would be, gee, Kyron had an appt, why didn't his mom take the important paperwork (which I-the teacher- had just spent a substantial amount of my precious time filling out)?

I disagree. I think the email was necessary. She told Kaine that she needed the truck to pick up the project. She never planned on picking up the project.

The email served 3 purposes - one was a "fishing" expedition to test the school waters (were they worried about Kyron?).

The school day was almost over. There had been no calls from the school or anyone else inquiring about Kyron's whereabouts. A phone call, possibly an e-mail, would be how they'd contact her about any concerns they had about his whereabouts. There was nothing to indicate the school was suspicious or worried.

If she truly wanted to fish, why not head to the school to pick up the project, and take advantage of the opportunity to put "worried step-mother" into full swing?

Two, was to CYA with Kaine. "I emailed the teacher this afternoon about the picking up the project, and she said Monday morning would be better for her."

This is not out of the ordinary, though. This isn't unreasonable behavior. In fact, it's boringly normal type behavior and correspondence between a parent and teacher. There wasn't some wild, out of the ordinary, fabricated reason for the e-mail. The e-mail was appropriate, timely, and conducted in a reasonable manner.

Third was to establish an alibi at home on the home computer and to project a normal affect on her part.

She was on Facebook a lot and had posted a lot of pictures of her family, including the children. This is not an unusual activity. If anything, it follows her normal pattern of activity. Maybe she was projecting normalcy because it was normal.

It sure appears that way. That she planned the appt in advance as an alibi to buy herself hours of time. It looks pretty diabolical in my opinion and reading your post I see I'm not the only one thinking that was her purpose. I feel it's a big part of her undoing also.

It sure appears that way. That she planned the appt in advance as an alibi to buy herself hours of time. It looks pretty diabolical in my opinion and reading your post I see I'm not the only one thinking that was her purpose. I feel it's a big part of her undoing also.

So this was premeditated. She makes me sick, I hope shes arrested very soon.

The school day was almost over. There had been no calls from the school or anyone else inquiring about Kyron's whereabouts. A phone call, possibly an e-mail, would be how they'd contact her about any concerns they had about his whereabouts. There was nothing to indicate the school was suspicious or worried.

If she truly wanted to fish, why not head to the school to pick up the project, and take advantage of the opportunity to put "worried step-mother" into full swing?

*I think the point is that a guardian of a student wouldn't email a teacher on a Friday afternoon and expect an answer. That's why TH doing so seems like a CYA move.*

This is not out of the ordinary, though. This isn't unreasonable behavior. In fact, it's boringly normal type behavior and correspondence between a parent and teacher. There wasn't some wild, out of the ordinary, fabricated reason for the e-mail. The e-mail was appropriate, timely, and conducted in a reasonable manner.

*Again, it seems as if this was a CYA move by TH... to make extra sure she has an excuse for using the truck, but not picking up the project. Expecting a same day/during the school day email response from a K-12 teacher is, I would argue, unusual... making the content of the email message suspicious.*

She was on Facebook a lot and had posted a lot of pictures of her family, including the children. This is not an unusual activity. If anything, it follows her normal pattern of activity. Maybe she was projecting normalcy because it was normal.

*Exactly...the projection of "taking care of family business" seems over the top given the nature of the email... in my and my friends' circles, it would entail a phone call to the school to ask about pick-up v. bus and delaying the project pick-up.*

And if the teacher had filled out the paperwork, did she give it to Terri? Because if she hadn't and didn't, why would she think the appointment was on the 4th? Otherwise, it would be, gee, Kyron had an appt, why didn't his mom take the important paperwork (which I-the teacher- had just spent a substantial amount of my precious time filling out)?

they could have had another dr appt, not THE appt.

Kids can have more than one appt for something else.

Who did Terri tell about the appointment? Because if that person is lying about that, then they need to be looked into as a possible suspect, because who would make up something like that?

Terri's email excerpts indicated that she believed Kyron was having "mini seizures" in the two weeks leading up to his disappearance.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/100323934.html

Are these seizures relevant to Kyron's disappearance?

If Kyron did have seizures, did Kaine or Desiree or Kyron's teachers ever see them happening?

Or could they have been fabricated as a premeditated red herring to suggest that Kyron might have wandered off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aegon_the_Conqueror