Kyron's parents' statements, interviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm bringing this forward from the bioparents' interviews. This is something Kaine said that's been tickling at the back of my brain since last night. We had quite a bit of discussion about what he may have meant by this.

Look particularly at the part I bolded in light of the new statement released last night. Note also the big long sigh and stumbling on words, which I didn't notice in other parts of the interviews.

It looks to me like Kaine had some info on Friday when the interviews took place. What do you all think?

ITA, I think at the time of that interview, he had decided Terri had some knowledge or was holding back information about Kyrons disappearance, and possibly his taking of the daughter and leaving the home was already "in the works". The divorce filing and RO in the works too. JMO He and Desiree seem like a cohesive team in that interview.

abbie

It looks to me like Kaine had some info on Friday when the interviews took place. What do you all think?

*snipped*

Yep. I'm also thinking that's why he didn't speak on TH's behalf when he was asked about her, and why he didn't come to her defense in an explicit manner, as one would expect of a husband regarding his wife. IMO, he seemed as if he pretty much didn't want to discuss TH at all, and seemed noticeably uncomfortable when TH questions were asked.

I definitely think he had some info prior to the Friday morning interviews.

ETA: Wanted to add that if he didn't have any specific info from LE (but I believe that he probably did) then it's reasonable to assume he at least had some suspicions of his own, based on what he may have been witnessing in his own household & based on what I assume TH may have told him about her whereabouts the day Kyron went missing. It's not illogical to imagine that he & TH have had numerous conversations about what happened on June 4th, IMO. KH seems like an intelligent man to me - I have no doubt he has been putting 2+2 together for awhile. MOO

I missed a couple of days with computer problems, and might have missed some discussion on this, if so, I apologize.

In KPTV interview video Desiree and Kaine gave on June 25 Kaine says on the subject of what Kyron was looking forward to: Vacation.. goes on to say they were going to CA to visit friends......

And in that says:

"We were going to be there for an extended period of time. "

Now I know he is an engineer and maybe a little geeky, but isn't that a very unusual thing to say? So much easier to say, three weeks, a month, two months, 24 days..... whatever.

What is an 'extended period of time' rather than any specific planned amount of time, which is usually what a vacation is?

This leaped out at me when I read the transcript a few days ago. Now it bugs me more in light of all the recent developments.

Was the 'trip' that Desiree mentioned Kyron looking forward to the same trip as this one spoken of immediately after? Some interpreted it to be and that maybe the two families were going together?

If we think about the possibility of marriage troubles already going on for TH and KH prior to all this, then how does it make you interpret this odd way of referring to a vacation?

If anyone can enlighten me on what I might have missed, I would appreciate it. If not, does this bug anyone else? Yeah, I know, what doesn't bug us in this case, but just this for now :)

http://www.kptv.com/video/24037923/index.html

I missed a couple of days with computer problems, and might have missed some discussion on this, if so, I apologize.

In KPTV interview video Desiree and Kaine gave on June 25 Kaine says on the subject of what Kyron was looking forward to: Vacation.. goes on to say they were going to CA to visit friends......

And in that says:

"We were going to be there for an extended period of time. "

Now I know he is an engineer and maybe a little geeky, but isn't that a very unusual thing to say? So much easier to say, three weeks, a month, two months, 24 days..... whatever.

What is an 'extended period of time' rather than any specific planned amount of time, which is usually what a vacation is?

This leaped out at me when I read the transcript a few days ago. Now it bugs me more in light of all the recent developments.

Was the 'trip' that Desiree mentioned Kyron looking forward to the same trip as this one spoken of immediately after? Some interpreted it to be and that maybe the two families were going together?

If we think about the possibility of marriage troubles already going on for TH and KH prior to all this, then how does it make you interpret this odd way of referring to a vacation?

If anyone can enlighten me on what I might have missed, I would appreciate it. If not, does this bug anyone else? Yeah, I know, what doesn't bug us in this case, but just this for now :)

http://www.kptv.com/video/24037923/index.html

Oh my gosh.... that totally bugged me in the interview, then I forgot about it because so much other BS has happened since then. I had wondered too, what in the world is an extended amount of time? Who takes a vacation like that? Especially with the type of job I believe Kaine to hold with Intel. I can't believe he'd just be taking off for however long he felt. Somewhere I swear I read about Kaine taking a sebatical, or it was on Terri facebook page. Her photos said something about him being on a sebatical.

Oh my gosh.... that totally bugged me in the interview, then I forgot about it because so much other BS has happened since then. I had wondered too, what in the world is an extended amount of time? Who takes a vacation like that? Especially with the type of job I believe Kaine to hold with Intel. I can't believe he'd just be taking off for however long he felt. Somewhere I swear I read about Kaine taking a sebatical, or it was on Terri facebook page. Her photos said something about him being on a sebatical.

The only thing that jumps out for me there is that I know that Intel does have a sabbatical program for long-term employees.
It's not unheard of for them to take 6+ months off.

The only thing that jumps out for me there is that I know that Intel does have a sabbatical program for long-term employees.

What exactly is a sebatical? Why would it be taken, especially on repeat occasions? I thought it was rare, and only under very extreme circumstances. I must be wrong :)

You are correct about Intel's sabbatical program (1st hand knowledge).
What I didn't know is that K was coming up on a sabbatical. This, to me, is VERY interesting.

So he is not in a hurry to get back to work- he has 8 weeks before he has to go back. It's an interesting topic and one I'm wondering about-the timing of the disappearance and the family coming up on a 2 month period of being together 24/7. has it already been discussed? Anyone care to share a link? :angel: Thank you!

IMHO, MOO, etc.etc.

What exactly is a sebatical? Why would it be taken, especially on repeat occasions? I thought it was rare, and only under very extreme circumstances. I must be wrong :)

Sabbatical Leave
Intel provides eligible employees with an eight-week sabbatical, with full salary and benefits, after each seven years of full-time service.

----

It has always been common practice at Intel. They don't pay as well as other companies, but the trade off is the sabbatical.

A sabbatical used to be something only tenured university profs got, as far as I knew (my little world, lol). It "is a rest from work, or a hiatus, often lasting from two months to a year."
[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabbatical[/ame]

I've worked with lots of Intel folk over the years, so am aware of their program that way; usually people use it for a long overseas travel thing, or something special.

But, you made me curious and I pulled the "6 months" from memory, so I looked on their website:

Sabbatical Leave
Intel provides eligible employees with an eight-week sabbatical, with full salary and benefits, after each seven years of full-time service.

HTH

The going anywhere for an extended period of time, just a few weeks in on your missing child does raise alarms. Planned trip or not, I would be going NO WHERE AWAY FROM HOME, just in case Kyron shows up at the door. Maybe months down the line, but not right now. Hmmmm....

The interview said they HAD, a family trip planned... Obviously I wouldn't think that's not happening now.

You are correct about Intel's sabbatical program (1st hand knowledge).
What I didn't know is that K was coming up on a sabbatical. This, to me, is VERY interesting.

So he is not in a hurry to get back to work- he has 8 weeks before he has to go back. It's an interesting topic and one I'm wondering about-the timing of the disappearance and the family coming up on a 2 month period of being together 24/7. has it already been discussed? Anyone care to share a link? :angel: Thank you!

IMHO, MOO, etc.etc.

Oh no, I don't know he's taking another sebatical, I just was curious. I read on her FB page photo from a while back that he was on his sebatical. So I wondered if maybe he was taking another one. Didn't know how they worked?

The going anywhere for an extended period of time, just a few weeks in on your missing child does raise alarms. Planned trip or not, I would be going NO WHERE AWAY FROM HOME, just in case Kyron shows up at the door. I would be thinking what if he just got lost, what if he ran away, and of course all of the worse things, but not about a vacation away from home. From work, okay, I sit at home or look around the area where I think Kyron may have wandered off to, not away. Maybe months down the line, but not right now. Hmmmm....

I don't think anyone thinks he is going anywhere. Sabbatical means he won't be working for the duration of the sabbatical, which is likely 8 weeks.

Oh no, I don't know he's taking another sebatical, I just was curious. I read on her FB page photo from a while back that he was on his sebatical. So I wondered if maybe he was taking another one. Didn't know how they worked?

Every 7 years, 8 weeks. So if he's had one recently, it's unlikely. :crazy:

:)

Every 7 years, 8 weeks. So if he's had one recently, it's unlikely. :crazy:

:)

Here is the info I saw on her page, with this being said, how do you take a vacation for an extended period of time?

DISNEYWORLD 2008
by Terri Moulton Horman
5 photos
July 1-10 while on Kaine's sabbatical.
Created September 25, 2008
View Album

I'm not familiar with Intel's sabbatical program, but academic sabbaticals are not extended vacations. During an academic sabbatical, the professor spends that time doing research or working on a project that ultimately advances her/his career & also possibly benefits the university in some way (adds to the body of knowledge in the department in which the professor teaches). While travel may or not be involved, an academic sabbatical is not a vacation.

I've never heard of a kid being taught to improve listening skills around adults and teachers. Is there a program, brochures, online advice, etc. Did the school take him out of class 30 minutes per week to do this, or just how is that done. That statement seems odd to me, becuase I've never heard of such a thing. I have heard of teachers repeating directions more than once, seating a kid in a certain spot, one-on-one directions, giving them extra time, shortening assignments, putting a little air filled cushion on the chair to help prevent fidgeting, etc. But never working with one to improve listening skills in a seven year old as a modification. Three boys with add and some bad behavior but never heard of this. I better keep my mouth shut as to what I really think it could possibly mean.

Sorry I can't pass this one up LOL.
My daughter got most improved every year at school from kindergarten on because EVERY year we had to work on improving her listening skills.

From repeating what she heard me say or the teacher asked her to do and every day (usually after the first month of school's teacher conference LOL) we had a little notebook she had to take to school daily for the teacher to check the following columns: Needs Improvement, Better, and Great. The targeted areas listed first was listening to the teacher, then following directions then talking.

All the teacher had to do for each area was check in the appropriate columns. We followed up at home. Go to her room after school for Needs Improvement, for Better no tv and Great she got all her priviledges back, lots of praise and stars on a chart. She was so stubborn in the second grade she went to her room every day for 2 weeks! Then the next day suddenly she had all Greats and there was not a problem for a while.

I always told her-if your listening and following directions you're not talking. One day she came home and said" Moma your right I can listen to the teacher and follow directions a lot better if I'm not talking ". LOL

And yes EVERY year we did this through 5th grade. :angel:

I do understand working on listening skills early in school.

Here is the info I saw on her page, with this being said, how do you take a vacation for an extended period of time?

DISNEYWORLD 2008
by Terri Moulton Horman
5 photos
View Album

Thanks for pulling that out. But I don't understand your question. 10 days is not an excessively long vacation.
Or do you mean the upcoming summer 2010 'extended period of time'?
I suppose it could've been a commuter deal... maybe they rent a houseboat on Shasta for a month, he joins the family for part of the trip.. trip includes extended family?? There are lots of ways I can imagine them configuring a summer of long trips but as KH would not be eligible for a sabbatical this year, I think we might be wandering off...

Thanks for pulling that out. But I don't understand your question. 10 days is not an excessively long vacation.
Or do you mean the upcoming summer 2010 'extended period of time'?
I suppose it could've been a commuter deal... maybe they rent a houseboat on Shasta for a month, he joins the family for part of the trip.. trip includes extended family?? There are lots of ways I can imagine them configuring a summer of long trips but as KH would not be eligible for a sabbatical this year, I think we might be wandering off...

I was just saying that in 2008 he took a sebatical according to the notes. So now it's 2010 and he talked about a vacation coming up for an extended period of time. I wondered if he could have been planning another sebatical. Just odd... I don't know

DISNEYWORLD 2008
by Terri Moulton Horman
5 photos
View Album

Sabbatical Leave

----

It has always been common practice at Intel. They don't pay as well as other companies, but the trade off is the sabbatical.

So, if it is every 7 years, he wouldn't have another one this year. And even it was for something like that, why not say 8 weeks, or however long it was planned on being? Why use a vague, open ended statement like that if you are going to mention it all?

And no, we aren't talking about what they are going to do now, this was said when asked what Kyron was looking forward to. This was part of their summer plans they spoke of.

I just wonder if the two families where planning on going together, since Desire mentioned a trip right before Kaine said this? And I wonder, if there were any marital problems before Kyron went missing, was the family going as a whole, with TH and the baby?

That weird way of mentioning the length of time, when he didn't have to mention the time at all bugs me. Don't really know why.

I'm not familiar with Intel's sabbatical program, but academic sabbaticals are not extended vacations. During an academic sabbatical, the professor spends that time doing research or working on a project that ultimately advances her/his career & also possibly benefits the university in some way (adds to the body of knowledge in the department in which the professor teaches). While travel may or not be involved, an academic sabbatical is not a vacation.

Intel is not an academic organization. Sabbatical is simply "time off" for employees.

It is an 8 week period, every 7 years, where one does not work. It is taken all at once, verses a week here or a week there, as typically done for standard American vacation weeks.

HTH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members