Kyron's parents' statements, interviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
WS is not letting me quote on some posts again...anyone else having this problem??

Our lovely Bean transcribed this:
Statement from Stephen Houze, Terri's attorney:

We are unable to respond. To do so would be a violation of clear ethical standards. There are matters currently pending before an Oregon court concerning Miss Horman.

I say:
Curious as to what Houze was referring to here. Just the divorce proceeding?

WS is not letting me quote on some posts again...anyone else having this problem??

We are unable to respond. To do so would be a violation of clear ethical standards. There are matters currently pending before an Oregon court concerning Miss Horman.

I say:

I perceived it as a jab to Kaine - implying he wasn't acting "ethically" by appearing on TV.

Transcription of CBS Early Show interview with Kaine - Friday November 19, 2010

Reporter: Some of the comments that Desiree made this week clearly got a lot of attention. Did they surprise you?

Kaine: I wouldn't say that they surprised me. We're... (laughs) This has been going on for so long, we're all just emotionally strung out.

Reporter: How much do you worry that people will forget?

Kaine: I worry about it all the time. We went to, we went out yesterday to one of the local malls and passed out fliers to the businesses. A couple comments of Oh I thought he was home already. And that just reaffirms that we gotta keep getting it out there.

Reporter: (regarding having a full time job and caring for K) How challenging is all of that for you?

Kaine: It's a heavy load but you just step up.

Kaine: She has me sit next to her and read a book while she reads a book because her companion's not there.

Reporter: The first holiday season coming up. Have you thought about how you'll handle that? Do you try to not think about that at all?

Kaine: It's difficult. I miss him the same every day whether it's a Thanksgiving holiday or just a Tuesday. It doesn't change.

Reporter: At the end of our interview, Kaine turned unexpectedly to the camera, addressing his son directly.

Kaine: You know, we love you very much. We're still looking for you, we're, every day. Home is safe. It's just K and I, and we're waiting for you.

[ame="http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7070091n"]Kyron's Parents Frustrated, Hold Hope - CBS News Video[/ame]

If Terri has one shred of decency left, she needs to tell what she has done with Kyron. It's almost the holidays and he needs to be brought home NOW. His family deserves the peace of knowing what happened to him. I am amazed at the strength that I see Kaine displaying and I'm just overwhelmed by his statement about blaming him for what has happened. I'm glad to know that he is working with a therapist to help him deal with his feelings and I hope that Desiree is working with one as well. While Desiree may disagree with the way Kaine has handled the choices he has made, I do believe and will always believe that they are united in their goal to find Kyron. Both are truly amazing individuals and like I said previously, if there is one tiny little shred of decency in Terri, she will put an end to this right now and tell what she has done with that precious little boy. ~JMO~

Oh my God, just reading about Kaine said when he talked directly to Kyron just makes me want to cry! The love he has for Kyron is undeniable. My heart bleeds for this man.

*sigh* I just wish someone else would have a heart and start talking! But unfortunately, all Terri has for a heart is a lump of coal.

I say:

My translation: We're not talking and nobody can make us! So there! *sticks tongue out*

My translation: We're not talking and nobody can make us! So there! *sticks tongue out*

Someday...whether there is an indictment or not...I think we will hear SO much more about Terri Horman and this case.

We will hear these things room Desiree...who will never allow Terri to slip into obscurity or wrap herself in deniability. Desiree will be her son's avenging angel. She will see to it that Terri is exposed to the world.

At that point, when we know so much more than we do today...we can also assess the moral character of those who tried to put Baby K back into this woman's control.

Yes, yes, they are "doing their job." And I guess "their job" is to help Terri hide Kyron and continue tormenting his family...to save her own skin. And their job is to demand access to Baby K to pretend this woman is fit to be around children...again to represent her interests. UsingBabyK, essentially, as a PR tool for any future trial...no matter what it puts the child through.

But, of course, that is just my opinion. Others may applaud them.

I wish we had a system where they would tell Terri..."Do the right thing...for God's sake...let the child be returned to those who loved him!"

But no.

Transcription of CBS Early Show interview with Kaine - Friday November 19, 2010

Reporter: Some of the comments that Desiree made this week clearly got a lot of attention. Did they surprise you?

Kaine: I wouldn't say that they surprised me. We're... (laughs) This has been going on for so long, we're all just emotionally strung out.

Reporter: How much do you worry that people will forget?

Kaine: I worry about it all the time. We went to, we went out yesterday to one of the local malls and passed out fliers to the businesses. A couple comments of Oh I thought he was home already. And that just reaffirms that we gotta keep getting it out there.

Reporter: (regarding having a full time job and caring for K) How challenging is all of that for you?

Kaine: It's a heavy load but you just step up.

Kaine: She has me sit next to her and read a book while she reads a book because her companion's not there.

Reporter: The first holiday season coming up. Have you thought about how you'll handle that? Do you try to not think about that at all?

Kaine: It's difficult. I miss him the same every day whether it's a Thanksgiving holiday or just a Tuesday. It doesn't change.

Reporter: At the end of our interview, Kaine turned unexpectedly to the camera, addressing his son directly.

Kaine: You know, we love you very much. We're still looking for you, we're, every day. Home is safe. It's just K and I, and we're waiting for you.

Kyron's Parents Frustrated, Hold Hope - CBS News Video

BeanE :blowkiss: - Can't say thank you enough for all the times you go out of your way to help keep us informed here at WS. Those who take that extra step sure help make WS far and beyond other crime sites.

I find this interview to be particularly sad as he addresses the holidays. It must be torture for all those who love Kyron. moo

Regarding blaming Kaine, I have never been one to share the blame in the death of a child. Kaine has made mistakes and others might learn from those mistakes, however, the predator who did this to adorable Kyron will be on trial and found to be 100% guilty - convicted 100% for 100% of what was done to Kyron, no shared blame. moo

worse...we're not talking and we'd like you to think there's some rule of law that legitimately prevents us from talking so terri looks like the victim (oh, if ONLY poor Terri could defend herself) when there is absolutely no reason at all why he can't say something like, oh, idk, "my client is innocent." total, complete carp.

Man, that is heart wrenching. I don't know if I could live with the guilt he must be experiencing.

As I mentioned in the thread about Desiree's last interview, I'm not surprised they are not in constant contact. I'm sure she is angry with Kaine. Even if he would have been on the moon the whole time, it isn't unusual to be angry. And it seems like he is saying it is okay to be angry with him just as long as it keeps Kyron's name out there.

As for TH, she's not going to have a heart for the holidays. If she did this then she is a sociopath. Sociopaths move on and just want everyone else to do the same. "What's done is done. Today is a new day!" is their mantra. :furious:

Read the jail house letters written by KC Anthony and Elisa Baker and you know what I'm talking about. :furious:

Where are you Kyron? :(

In the beginning, it was said that Terri had no choice about speaking out, Kaine would not let her.
Did this stop Terri, not really, Terri stated how she felt, with her fingers, poor me.
Had she of said what Kaine did, "let them blame me, I love Kyron, I helped raise him as a small child along with his dad, Mom and step Dad, my heart is breaking right along with them."
But it wasn't that way, "they're blaming me, I'm so mad I could just scream." (might not be an exact quote).
The thing is, you never get another chance, about making a first impression. Terri's first impression was all about Terri. Not about the child she love's and helped raise.

worse...we're not talking and we'd like you to think there's some rule of law that legitimately prevents us from talking so terri looks like the victim (oh, if ONLY poor Terri could defend herself) when there is absolutely no reason at all why he can't say something like, oh, idk, "my client is innocent." total, complete carp.

Exactly! Thank you. Because the system is now one where some of the most brilliant minds among us search for every obscure way to make a child-killer look like Mary Poppins. It's a game now..to trick the jury to find some way to WIN! (RAH! RAH!) Not caring if this woman killed a little boy...just flexing legal muscle to try for another WIN to add to the ledger! Devising all sorts of excuses and half-truths...because winning is more important than justice for this child.

It's about using confusion as a tactic..saying forget EVERYTHING PILING up...just take THIS ONE THING...maybe I can confuse you enough to excuse her...then..on to the next.

Would they even ask her to try to end this pain for these parents..not if that means not looking like a WINNER! To me, there are too many Baez everywhere.I know there are many fine attorneys...I know.

But justice should be about the truth..not ggames..not obfuscation. And soory, I see the truth in the pain in Desiree and in Kaine.

Those emails must be horrific..they are not "Gosh Darn, I could just Bop that Little Cutie , Kyron"...like ALL OF US supposedly say.

Discovering that the person you're married to is a master of deceit and misdirection must be chilling. Unless people have had to deal with that type of person it's hard to understand just how deceptive they can be and can sometimes take years to see it. I'm wondering if the one Terri sent the "Kaine being overbearing" emails to is the same person she talked about hurting Kyron with. I didn't watch the show, but from reading the transcript it looks like the interviewer was actually trying to ask about the one Desiree took as hatred instead of what Terri was saying about Kaine. The way he talks it seems like there are many things being put together that are all going to make a case against Terri.

Discovering that the person you're married to is a master of deceit and misdirection must be chilling. Unless people have had to deal with that type of person it's hard to understand just how deceptive they can be and can sometimes take years to see it. I'm wondering if the one Terri sent the "Kaine being overbearing" emails to is the same person she talked about hurting Kyron with. I didn't watch the show, but from reading the transcript it looks like the interviewer was actually trying to ask about the one Desiree took as hatred instead of what Terri was saying about Kaine. The way he talks it seems like there are many things being put together that are all going to make a case against Terri.

So much of this reminds me of Scott Peterson. He had everyone, to and including Laci's parents, supporting and believing him. I cannot imagine how Laci's mom felt when she realized that he was even capable of doing such a horrific thing, but that he was going to be charged with it.

There are so many parallels between Scott and Terri - parental support, secretive behaviors, lying, constantly working in jobs "lower" than the education levels achieved, sexual addiction/affair(s), good looks, the "disappearing" of the victim, etc.

Exactly! Thank you. Because the system is now one where some of the most brilliant minds among us search for every obscure way to make a child-killer look like Mary Poppins. It's a game now..to trick the jury to find some way to WIN! (RAH! RAH!) Not caring if this woman killed a little boy...just flexing legal muscle to try for another WIN to add to the ledger! Devising all sorts of excuses and half-truths...because winning is more important than justice for this child.

It's about using confusion as a tactic..saying forget EVERYTHING PILING up...just take THIS ONE THING...maybe I can confuse you enough to excuse her...then..on to the next.Would they even ask her to try to end this pain for these parents..not if that means not looking like a WINNER! To me, there are too many Baez everywhere.I know there are many fine attorneys...I know.

But justice should be about the truth..not ggames..not obfuscation. And soory, I see the truth in the pain in Desiree and in Kaine. Those emails must be horrific..they are not "Gosh Darn, I could just Bop that Little Cutie , Kyron"...like ALL OF US supposedly say.

We share the same view points on "some" criminal defense attorney's ethics...I believe in Karma for all who are a party to a crime such as this, in commiting it, defending it in a court of law by loop holes & confusion to create doubt and everything else in their bag of tricks.

Once again Kaine is a fine example of a man with flaws that is willing to be transparent for the sake of his beloved son.

I pray that the holidays do bring Kaine & Desiree to a reconcilliation if not sooner. They must stand united for the sake of Kyron.

Reporter: Does it hurt when you're blamed for things?

Kaine: You know, honestly, no. I came out and sat with, we sat with you and I told you what, four months ago, that I felt responsible for things that happened. We didn't stand a chance. We're dealing with someone who, I referred to earlier as a professional at misdirection and deceit, and if it helps people put blame on me for this? Then go right ahead if it makes you feel better as long as you get right back out and start looking for him, then that's fine.
Kaine in the beginning, wished he would have had hind sight, "If I only would have."
Desiree wishes she would have had hind sight, "I would have."
With the holidays approaching, wouldn't it be great, now that Terri is in the position of hind sight, if she would say "I wish I wouldn't have."

I cried at my desk at work just reading this. Home is safe.

I don't even have words, it's so gut wrenching to think that he's just this little child and his home wasn't safe.

Watched the interview. Terribly heartbreaking and sad. I feel so sorry for both parents. They need answers...now!!

Every time I see Terri's face......omgosh, I just get sick to my stomach. :sick: The way she walks around with her attorneys with her held held high, with that stone cold look on her face.....like some kind of bad a$$.....I hope she gets her day soon.....and if not, I hope she has to walk this earth for the rest of her days with people staring at her with disgust....:furious:

Wonder how tough she will be in the big house...(our saying for the big prison)

Kaine's plea to Kyron was heartbreaking! That is what makes TH happy, seeing Kaine and Desiree suffer. There is no doubt in my mind!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592