LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree and would like to know where the burned white truck owned by BSL is located at this time.!

Probably his insurance company had it at one point in time. Hopefully it hasn't been destoyed already.

The two victims were found at different places. Can't remember which is which, but one was found in the work canal east of the boat launch (more populated area), and one was found in the woods near the shore west of Hwy. 975 almost under the W. Bay bridge - (unpopulated area).

And he could have put them in the water for the alligators to destroy.
But he did-not. He left them on land to be found. To relive the event when they were discovered. I believe we will find Mickey also if she is deceased because i keep hope alive until there is no more hope. I believe she is on land also.

Unfortunately, I find myself hoping he kept Mickey somewhere (even if she's deceased) as his trophy and her remains are somewhere he frequented so he could check on them. I still hope there's a slight possibility some of her remains (but badly decomposed, perhaps skeletonized) were recovered from his property and they are just waiting for lab tests to prove it's her.

For sure. All Victims deserve a final resting place. Families need their loved ones back. It's just mind boggling how many people go missing and cases go cold. The weeks of silence had me leaning that this would be one of them. The arrest was great news. Just expressing what we all feel of course.

If I was that family I wouldn't feel right about taking the money. They're judgement on him may have been part of what drove him to reoffend. Some people get that mentality where if they're going to be labeled as something they might as well be it.

I would not hesitate to accept reward money. Then, I would turn right around and donate it all to Tim Miller & EquiSearch.

Agree and would like to know where the burned white truck owned by BSL is located at this time.!

Just a guess but based on other crimes/trials i would think LE has it in evidence. We know his Lawyer is going to want access to that truck.

Of what? That's a different truck from what I understand.

I just find it interesting there was "another" white truck in texas belonging to an offshore guy makes me wonder if they really cleared it.

While I agree with y'all, in my area, young men facing jail/prison time are given the option of enlisting for 4 years instead in one of the services. :what:

okay I am chiming in here now.... my husband has been an officer in the army going on 20 years and has done time in recruiting....

the military does not take people with criminal charges... the military will also not even accept people who are on ADHD medications (they have to be off of them for a year). We recently had a kid with two open container violations and it he was a no go for ROTC.

The military is a lot more selective than a lot of people realize. The military also does extensive testing when returning from deployment. Do people come back and have issues.. sure some do.. but painting the military with a broad brush is not something I like to see personally.

The article linked yesterday to his past crime said he was in ADA (that is air defense artillery). I am patiently waiting to see if a reporter will print something on his history in the military.

How long was BSL in the military? Did he ever see combat? Makes me really uncomfortable to claim 50% of the military have mental health issues or are criminals!

Like I said just my opinion, I'm kinda in a time crunch but research past criminals..... I grew up in a military family, one of my dads coworkers was put in jail for a crime... I'm not going into detail on that but my dad did physically and mentally abuse me but like I said this is not about me or having a pity party. I just know things about military families, an the people serving our country should be screened! Research Louisiana youth challenge program, like I said previously its has pros and cons. It's like a recruiting system, in a way

Coincidence?
http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981388440

Could the have stolen the truck!
And used it as a decoy? Thinking LE wold think it was this guy?
but that didnt happen lol

I just find it interesting there was "another" white truck in texas belonging to an offshore guy makes me wonder if they really cleared it.

It was indeed "another" truck. Not even close to the same year, make and model as BSL's

But he would have to be completely nuts to be found in possession of a GPS unit that was last reported seen in a stolen truck. If he were found with that GPS, it would show that HE burned the truck - and then game over, wouldn't it?

I don't believe that the GPS would show that HE torched his truck. Unless it has video on it as well. It will though show that this particular truck was driven to a particular area and torched.

That does not mean that there is not other technology out there that can show him actually driving the truck.

Thus LE would have to be able to prove or show good circumstantial evidence that he was probably the one that did torch his own vehicle.

From the wikipedia about OnStar:

ALSO:

Can't you deny OnStar? I have a new car and I know that OnStar is an option that I didn't want. I don't have it. Not sure this is the case with all makes/models.

As I said yesterday, if I were a predator there is NO way I would allow OnStar in my car. The last thing you would want is a tracking software.

I'm not finished reading all the pages, but I wanted to let everyone know what I was just told. Mods...delete if this is not acceptable.

We just got back from vacation and our A/C was out so my A/C guy just came to fix it. Anyway, he lives a few blocks from BSL and said the dude is just not "right" and he's been that way for a long time. When he was younger, he was caught digging up graves and playing with skulls. He was also a suspect years back on a house/trailer (he couldn't remember which one) fire in Branch that had two girls that were dead before the fire started but the police could never link him to it. Someone mentioned a few threads ago that there was a murder in Acadia Parish that he was a suspect in but they didn't have enough evidence to charge him. This could be the same murder/arson incident but I'm not sure.

Of course, all of this is hearsay but it is something to look at with his parents' house catching on fire, his trailer catching fire and his truck "catching" fire. He seems to have some sort of fascination with fire but of course his house and trailer were apparently never ruled as arson.

Again, this is all hearsay but I just wanted to pass it along.

I am really surprised that more hasn't come out about him. No family, no friends, no real co-worker interviews that I have read. No one stepping up to say he is innocent or he couldn't be involved or he was "such a quiet guy," etc.... Usually, you'll at least see something in comments on news articles and such that say I knew him or I went to school with him, etc..., but I have seen nothing outside of the girlfriend's bil and one co-worker that said he was nice, but a little off. Wonder if he has family in the area?

ETA: I did read comments about the arson at the parent's house. Are they still around? Does he have other family? Friends?

As an American male myself, I hate to say it, but unfortunately there's a big problem in the USA with males raping females. In the US military it's doubly so.

According to this article: http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2011/dec/09/rape-us-military

The department of veterans affairs, meanwhile, released an independent study estimating that one in three women had experience of military sexual trauma while on active service. That is double the rate for civilians, which is one in six, according to the US department of justice.

"For years, I thought I was the only person this had happened to, but it's an epidemic," says Weber, 36, who recounts being raped 16 years ago in Germany, and describes herself as a "high-functioning" sufferer of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) as a result.

She is now married and lives in San Francisco with her four children, but even after years of therapy, still cannot sleep at night. "Rape is so widespread in the American military, it's sick."

Our society, civilian and military alike, needs to find a way to address this problem. The status quo hasn't worked and Mickey Shunick is dead now.

Could the have stolen the truck!
And used it as a decoy? Thinking LE wold think it was this guy?
but that didnt happen lol

It wasn't stolen. Confirmed by the owner and their family who happen to be LEO's in the parish it comes from. They confirmed the owner was offshore and always parks it there.

Correct. he's saying it happened past the hospital, whose property begins at St. Landry and St. Mary.

He could just as easily be saying that TWO things happened in this particular area.

Somewhere in this time frame we have to account for other things that took place as well. I don't believe I need to go into details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supertooth