LA - Bella Fontenelle, 6, crammed into bucket left on bio mom's lawn, Hannah Landon, 43, arrested, Harahan, 26 Apr 2023

Bernie is right... those are no shrimp boots! They are high heeled knee boots. It was the first thing I noticed In the video. What an odd choice. Her photos on dad's page are beyond disturbing. The body language and attempts at spotlighting a ring (that doesn't seem like an engagement ring, but like a wannabe engagement ring).
SBMFF

With respect it might not be an odd choice for an Asian. I'm going to venture a guess she's Thai, but I could be wrong. I've seen Ban Nok as their names. But as I said, I might be wrong (about being Thai, she's definitely Asian).

I've noticed (so MOO) that they have a different fashion style than most Americans. A lot of countries have their own style. Heck, even different states in the US do for that matter. One place I've noticed this is Bloomberg Asian news which I watch 5X a week. While I can't see what the women are wearing on their feet (lol) I have noticed, and commented to others about it, that their clothing style choices are different than ours.

So with that said, I would not be at all surprised if Bannok thought white (go go) boots were pretty and her choice of style. Although you'd think they'd be more for going out on the town, and not for disposing a dead body. :( Maybe they are her favorite and most comfortable shoes. I have several pair of heels about the same heel size of her boots that people have commented on (because they are really cool looking boots). I always say "And comfortable! Score!". They've been surprised they were comfortable, yet they are. So maybe these are her favorite shoes/boots for those reasons.

I have white go go boots. It's not a fashion judgement. It's a judgement that you kill a baby and put on white heeled boots to put the bucket in a wagon, pull it blocks away and then walk to the police station in. This is New Orleans. It was 80 degrees that day and maybe 70 at night. People here wear flip flops or tennis shoes. Trust me. It's odd for this area on that night under those circumstances. I don't care who you are.

I live in Louisiana about 40 miles away from this area. White boots are pretty common around here. I went to a crawfish cook off last week and there were several girls wearing tall white boots with shorts and dresses. My daughter in law (which I love so very much) wears them often. Not really my style but to.each their own.

SBMFF

With respect it might not be an odd choice for an Asian. I'm going to venture a guess she's Thai, but I could be wrong. I've seen Ban Nok as their names. But as I said, I might be wrong (about being Thai, she's definitely Asian).

I've noticed (so MOO) that they have a different fashion style than most Americans. A lot of countries have their own style. Heck, even different states in the US do for that matter. One place I've noticed this is Bloomberg Asian news which I watch 5X a week. While I can't see what the women are wearing on their feet (lol) I have noticed, and commented to others about it, that their clothing style choices are different than ours.

So with that said, I would not be at all surprised if Bannok thought white (go go) boots were pretty and her choice of style. Although you'd think they'd be more for going out on the town, and not for disposing a dead body. :( Maybe they are her favorite and most comfortable shoes. I have several pair of heels about the same heel size of her boots that people have commented on (because they are really cool looking boots). I always say "And comfortable! Score!". They've been surprised they were comfortable, yet they are. So maybe these are her favorite shoes/boots for those reasons.
MOO - as an Asian, I've never known white boots to be an Asian thing, but I'm not the same type of Asian as Ban Nok (who I agree is probably Thai). She may have had a more dressy or somehow different style compared to most Americans though, which would not surprise me and the boots could be part of that.
I would venture a guess that those boots were probably some of her favorite dressier shoes so they weren't uncomfortable or super out of place for her, but it still looks like (to be frank) not the type of footwear one would wear when disposing of human remains even though they probably are sort of comfortable

Most of the 'injustices' are perceived that way to the narcissist, but others just would see them as a part of life.
People breaking up with you - a part of life
Family not always prioritising you as number one because there are other members of the family - part of life
People choosing to date others or spend time with others - a part of life
Missing out on a job or promotion - part of life
People not liking you or not wanting to be your friend - a part of life. Not everyone likes everyone, it just doesn't work that way

By and large narcissists take perfectly normal, everyday rejection personally, and like its the other person's failing, when it's really got nothing to do with them or if it does it's because they're a legitimately awful person to be around, but they never are capable of the introspection to work that out.

All JMO, not based on therapeutic understandings of NPD just regular everyday narcissism.
That's cool. Imo. I was asking for personal reasons. It's really hard for me to understand. I don't know how common it is for a narcissist to murder people....I get it; but I don't get it. It's a mental illness. Imo, this crime was far worse than that. It's evil. I don't like to think that a mental illness could make someone evil? I do know people can be destructive. I'm not trying to defend anyone. I'm trying to understand. I don't really feel comfortable with that and I think it's a slippery slope.

An article from May 18:

A preliminary hearing for the Harahan woman accused of killing 6-year-old Bella Fontenelle and leaving her body in a bucket on the front lawn of the girl's mother was continued Thursday morning after new defense team took on Bunnak "Hannah" Landon's case.

Landon, 43, the girlfriend of Bella's father, has been booked with first-degree murder and obstruction of justice.

Looks like Landon has not been indicted yet. Also, the new legal team includes an attorney from the "Louisiana Capital Assistance Center, one of the organizations that handles cases of defendants possibly facing the death penalty", even though the DA has not yet said if they will pursue the death penalty.

I live in Louisiana about 40 miles away from this area. White boots are pretty common around here. I went to a crawfish cook off last week and there were several girls wearing tall white boots with shorts and dresses. My daughter in law (which I love so very much) wears them often. Not really my style but to.each their own.
Yes, I'm from South Louisiana and white rubber work boots are common here, too. I see these in the fish, shrimp, and crawfish industries and at Mardi Gras.

PICTURED: Father of Louisiana girl, 6, whose stepmom 'strangled her, stuffed her in chlorine drum and dumped her on mom's lawn' - as suspect is put on suicide watch and faces the DEATH PENALTY​

PUBLISHED: 01:25, 1 May 2023 | UPDATED: 18:41, 1 May 2023

TIMELINE OF BELLA'S DISAPPEARANCE​

April 25

9.35pm: Bunnak 'Hannah' Landon is seen pulling a wagon with the chlorine bucket on CCTV.

12.01am: Landon attends a police HQ where she is then taken for assessment at a hospital

April 26

7.30am: Michael Fontanelle reports Bella and Landon missing at the Harahan Police Department.

7.45am: Police arrive at his home on Donelon Drive to search for Bella.

8.20am: Officers search Bella's mothers' residents two blocks away on Sedgefield Drive.
Bella's remains are discovered inside the blue barrel in the front yard.

2pm: Detectives track down Landon to a local hospital and is arrested for first-degree murder.

Published: 1:07 ET, Apr 29 2023
Updated: 2:35 ET, Apr 29 2023

Harahan Police Chief Edward Lepre said early Wednesday morning following the alleged murder that Landon arrived at the police station asking for help, local Fox affiliate WVUE reported.

“She seemed a little bit out of it,” Chief Lepre told WVUE.

“She was asking for transport, so they called for an ambulance to come pick her up and once the ambulance came to pick her up, they transported her to a local hospital to be evaluated.”

When Landon was released from the hospital on Thursday, she was immediately arrested for first-degree murder and obstruction of justice.

“We’re going to work until the end to make sure we get a conviction,” Chief Lepre added.

“This is a small baby, and any family would be devastated. I can only imagine what the mother and father are going through right now.”

There is no sympathy for that person who turned herself into the psyche ward at the local hospital while at the police station until they could place her under arrest for murdering the beautiful Bella.
She so easily could have turned herself into the psyche ward before she brutally murdered Bella but she didn't bc, more than anything, she wanted the child dead. I feel no mercy for her.

JMOO

Nah, she 100% knew what she was doing. She was so cruel to leave poor Bella that way right in front of the mother's house. I can't even imagine what Bella's parents are going through. So cruel and evil. Poor kid.

Bunnak-Hannah-Landon.png

After more than two months, authorities are doing more to lay out their case against a woman who allegedly killed her boyfriend’s 6-year-old daughter, put the body in a large plastic bucket, and dragged the remains over to the biological mother’s nearby home, where she dumped the bucket and remains in the yard.

Investigators in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana, previously said that Bunnak “Hannah” Landon was caught on neighbor surveillance footage pulling that wagon the night of April 25. At a hearing Thursday, authorities testified about the child’s cause of death, the defendant’s decision to arrive at a police department by herself, her phone search history, and the family’s fractured past, according to details from WWLTV.

Criminal Commissioner Patricia Joyce considered the defendant a flight risk and danger to the community and ruled that authorities must hold her without bond before trial.

The lead detective, Anthony Buttone, reportedly testified about the victim, Bella Fontenelle, telling a school counselor that she did not like going to her father’s home and that Landon was mean to her and her 7-year-old sister.

Wow. Lots of info in this article.
Because the phone was buried, investigators couldn't ping it while they searched for Landon, Buttone said. But after it was recovered, they discovered that Landon used the device to search the internet for criminal defense attorneys just before she hid it, he said.

Well, the idea that she might have been in some kind of altered state or otherwise non compos mentis goes out the window, right there. Consciousnesses of guilt, understanding of her actions and what they meant. She searched for a lawyer, then hid the phone because she knew it could be tracked and knew her searching for a lawyer on it after she killed Bella looked bad.

MOO

Because the phone was buried, investigators couldn't ping it while they searched for Landon, Buttone said. But after it was recovered, they discovered that Landon used the device to search the internet for criminal defense attorneys just before she hid it, he said.

Well, the idea that she might have been in some kind of altered state or otherwise non compos mentis goes out the window, right there. Consciousnesses of guilt, understanding of her actions and what they meant. She searched for a lawyer, then hid the phone because she knew it could be tracked and knew her searching for a lawyer on it after she killed Bella looked bad.

MOO
paywall

JEFFERSON PARISH, La. (WVUE) - The judge and attorneys involved in the Bunnak Landon case will come together for a pre-trial meeting on Monday (Sept. 25).
[snip]
The judge and attorneys will talk about what is necessary to move this case to trial and key dates when certain milestones need to be established.
Pre-trial meeting set for woman accused of killing 6-year-old Harahan girl

They said they would update with how this went but I can find no update on their site :(

Well, this has been settled once and for all! I hope like heck they aren't talking about Websleuths with the dismemberment speculation. :( Glad the title of this thread got changed!

Authorities say Michael Fontenelle’s live-in girlfriend, Hannah Bunnak Landon, beat his daughter and strangled her to death Tuesday (April 25) night. The disturbing way in which her body was found the next morning, crammed into a 10-gallon bucket left on her mother’s lawn a block away, led Jefferson Parish Coroner Dr. Gerry Cvitanovich to clarify that the girl’s body was intact upon discovery, contrary to public speculation of dismemberment.

I’m late to this thread. So horrific, that poor precious child.

I can’t figure out how this act of violence happened if the father was there in the house. Maybe it’s already been addressed here and I missed it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vsora1
Back