LA - China Record, 4, Dies after forced to drink bottle of whiskey; grandmom, mom jailed, 21 Apr'22

And this ALL occured prior to 11am... (including attempting to revive her via a bath PRIOR to police being called) Let that sink in a bit.....

So, these two.were so drunk and upset before 10:30am that they *thought* some of their alcohol was unaccounted for so they thought the best course of action was tossing the rest down her throat? Seems by the wording, they werent even sure she HAD drank any on her own.

Perhaps I'm naive, but we're talking about whiskey, not a wine cooler or mixed cocktail that tastes more like a good sweet juice that maybe an unattended 4 year old would willingly drink more of, not knowing it's an alcoholic/adult only beverage; did they really think the throat-burning sensation and awful taste of her first drink wasn't probably lesson enough to choose not to have more?!

I'm not buying the "might have had some whiskey on her own" story. She did some other probably very "minor infraction," like interrupt their early morning boozefest by merely asking for breakfast or something of that nature and they became absolutely irate and punished her. Likely not the first time they went too far with punishments either.

Monsters. She was so adorable. And only 4!
I’m amazed they used their liquor to punish her. Must have had more. :mad: IMO

JXOKFDG4SVA3VEJGH6REJ5WKKE.jpg

Roxanne Record, 53, and mother, Kadjah Record, 29 - Bing images

Child dies after drinking whiskey; grandmother, mom jailed - ABC News (go.com)
April 22 2022
''BATON ROUGE, La. -- A 4-year-old girl is dead after her grandmother allegedly forced her to drink a bottle of whiskey while her mother watched, Baton Rouge Police said.

Sgt. L’Jean McKneely, a police spokesperson, told news outlets the little girl's grandmother, Roxanne Record, 53, and mother, Kadjah Record, 29, were arrested Friday, each on a charge of first-degree murder
''Officers were sent to a Baton Rouge home around 11 a.m. Thursday after reports of an unresponsive child. The child, 4-year-old China Record, was pronounced dead at the scene, police said.''

''The East Baton Rouge Parish Coroner’s Office said an autopsy showed a cause of death was acute alcohol poisoning. The little girl had a blood-alcohol level of .680%, more than eight times the .08% driving limit for an adult, authorities said.

While investigating, detectives say they learned the victim’s grandmother forced her to drink a bottle of the alcohol while the mother watched.''

The investigation remains ongoing.''
I'm not sure how I missed this thread. This literally makes me sick to my stomach! What kind of an evil human would do this??
Sweet China. You deserved to be loved. Rest peacefully sweet baby and while "justice" will not bring you back, may it be served!

Louisiana girl, 4, died 'after gran gave her half a bottle of WHISKEY'
Police were called to the home in the Windsor Place area of Baton Rouge on Thursday morning, to reports of an unresponsive child.

On arriving at the home, on Wallis Street and Harco Drive, they were told by China's siblings that the grandmother was angry because the little girl had taken a sip of the Canadian Mist whiskey, left on the counter.

As a punishment, the child was told to kneel on the floor and finish off the remaining half of the bottle.
-----------------------------------
ETA, I think the answer to your question @Stunned is that while the mother and grandmother may have been at home, nobody was watching little China closely enough to know if she had drank the alcohol or not since they only suspected she "may have" drank some of it and decided that warranted the deadly punishment. :(

Louisiana girl, 4, died 'after gran gave her half a bottle of WHISKEY'
Police were called to the home in the Windsor Place area of Baton Rouge on Thursday morning, to reports of an unresponsive child.

On arriving at the home, on Wallis Street and Harco Drive, they were told by China's siblings that the grandmother was angry because the little girl had taken a sip of the Canadian Mist whiskey, left on the counter.

As a punishment, the child was told to kneel on the floor and finish off the remaining half of the bottle.
-----------------------------------
ETA, I think the answer to your question @Stunned is that while the mother and grandmother may have been at home, nobody was watching little China closely enough to know if she had drank the alcohol or not since they only suspected she "may have" drank some of it and decided that warranted the deadly punishment. :(
I get it now! Duh! Thank you!

I can't locate anything. For some reason I cannot access the court site although I have in the past. All I can tell is the next court event appears to be a motions hearing set for both defendants on 10/30/23 at 9am

links from last year that i could not seem to find then, fwiw..

'BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — Emery Queen got the call no parent should ever have to get on Thursday, April 24. His young daughter, China Record, had died from alcohol poisoning.

Death of 4-year-old ruled as homicide, EBR coroner says
“We’re all hurting,” said Queen, Record’s father.'
“Just a doll, an angel, and it’s hard,” said Queen. “She has siblings and it’s going to affect them.”

China is the fourth child this year to be killed in the Baton Rouge area. BRPD says it’s a trend that has to stop.

“The fact that happened is a problem right,” said L’Jean McKneely, a spokesperson for BRPD. “There are avenues that you could take if you don’t want to be a parent anymore. There are many different layers, many different groups that offer help.”

I can't locate anything. For some reason I cannot access the court site although I have in the past. All I can tell is the next court event appears to be a motions hearing set for both defendants on 10/30/23 at 9am

Thanks - I shall move them there. :)

edited to add: would a case # help?
East Baton Rouge Parish prison; 19th Judicial District case #22-00038005

Last edited:
Monday, October 30th:
*Motions Hearing for both (@ 9am CT) - LA - China Record (4) is dead (April 21, 2022) after her grandmother allegedly forced her to drink a bottle of whiskey while her mother watched, Windsor Place area of Baton Rouge; died from acute alcohol poisoning - *Roxanne Record (53/now 54) (grandmother) arrested & charged (4/22/22) with 1st degree murder & indicted (7/20/22) with cruelty to juvenile. No bond.
*Kadjah Record (29/now 30) ("mother") arrested & charged (4/22/22) with 1st degree murder. No bond.
Case & court info from 4/23/22 thru 7/20/22 reference post #40 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ey-grandmom-mom-jailed-21-apr22.620086/page-2

3/21/23 Update: Motions hearing on 5/15/23 @ 9am for both. 5/15/23 Update: Motions hearing 10/30/23.

This is so horrific, China I am so, so sorry. You deserved so much better than you got in your short time here.

During a particularly bad time in my life I drank a lot and did some other things that put me in the hospital. That’s how I know what my BAC was: .41%. It was the one of the worst and scariest things I’ve been through physically. China’s was a little less than double that. I can only hope that because it was such a large amount of alcohol, that it happened quickly. I can’t imagine a 4 year old going through something like that. I was 22 and it was the worst.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny
Back