• yeager_david.jpg
Yeager, circa 1971

• Missing Since02/07/1971
  • Missing FromShreveport, Louisiana
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Date of Birth09/29/1953 (65)
  • Age17 years old
  • Height and Weight5'6 - 5'8, 220 - 240 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionAn off-white shirt and dark-colored pants.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian male. Black hair, brown eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Yeager was last seen in the 2600 block of Lola Lane in Shreveport, Louisiana on February 7, 1971. He was en route to a school function at Centenary College at the time, and may have decided to hitchhike there. He apparently never arrived at the college and has never been heard from again.

His family stated he had no reason to leave home, and since Yeager's disappearance, his bank account hasn't been touched. Foul play is suspected in his case, which remains unsolved.
Investigating Agency
Source Information
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated August 7, 2019; casefile added.

Sad, strange disappearance of David Yeager; Shreveport’s oldest missing persons case | ArkLaTexHomepage

Shreveport, La. (KTAL/KMSS) – It is one of Shreveport’s oldest unsolved cases, the story of a teenager who left home one day and was never seen again.

The investigation into 17-year-old David Yeager’s disappearance yielded no clues and left his family wondering what happened to him for decades. Though presumed dead, the efforts of his cousin have kept his story alive.

It was 1971 in Shreveport, and Yeager was close to graduating from Byrd High School. He had his senior ring and $200 in his bank account. He lived with his mom, who was a single parent, and his older brother at a home on Lola Lane off Mansfield Road. It was the last place his family saw him.

On February 6, 1971, Yeager told his brother he was headed to Centenary College for a school event. The Archives Department of Centenary College confirmed it was Homecoming weekend with a series of events held throughout the day. However, the teen never made it there.

Did he know any student at Centenial College? I mean, maybe an old student of Byrd High School... otherwise, I don't get why David wanted to attend the meeting.
Maybe just a high schooler wanting to join in the homecoming celebrations? Or, he might have been thinking of attending that school after graduation? Good question.

The Missing Persons Podcast just released an episode about David's disappearance.
https://www.podchaser.com/podcasts/missing-persons-1012963/episodes/david-claude-yeager-128774295
Episode 45 David Claude Yeager

Seventeen year-old David Claude Yeager left his Shreveport, Louisiana home on February 7, 1971 to head to a nearby school event he wanted to attend. It's not clear whether that event was a dance, or a debate club meeting, as both have been reported, but what is clear, is that David never made it to his intended destination, and has never been seen again. Money in his bank account remained untouched. When David failed to return home, his family went to police who were of the opinion that he left on his own free will- something his family said he would never do. Their initial fear was that perhaps David had been struck by a car and was hurt, or dead on the side of the road, but when searches came up empty, they began to consider if David was the victim of foul play, perhaps even at the hands of a serial killer. David's cousin Kelly Chance discusses this frustrating and mysterious cold case

If you have information about David's case, please call the Shreveport Police Department 318-673-7028

To learn more about David's case, or to contact his cousin Kelly Chance, visit his Facebook page:
Missing Person David Yeager - Shreveport, La. 1971

If you'd like to support this podcast via a donation, you can do so through Patreon here-
Missing Persons Podcast is creating podcasts | Patreon

To contact the podcast or learn more about the cases we discuss visit:
Missingpersonspodcast.net

Follow us on Social media-
Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/Missing-Persons-Podcast-1…
or
Twitter:
https://twitter.com/Missing_Po

Did he know any student at Centenial College? I mean, maybe an old student of Byrd High School... otherwise, I don't get why David wanted to attend the meeting.
I am David's cousin. I was told David was going to watch a debate at the college. I don't think he was attending the homecoming activities. It just happened to be homecoming weekend.

I am one of David's cousins. I want to thank y'all for sharing David's story. Our hope is someone will come forward someday and tell us where David can be found. Caddo Shreveport Crime Stoppers is an anonymous tip service. Tips can be submitted through their app, P3Tips, or by calling 318-673-7373. Remember Crime Stoppers only wants your information, not your name.

I am one of David's cousins. I want to thank y'all for sharing David's story. Our hope is someone will come forward someday and tell us where David can be found. Caddo Shreveport Crime Stoppers is an anonymous tip service. Tips can be submitted through their app, P3Tips, or by calling 318-673-7373. Remember Crime Stoppers only wants your information, not your name.
Was wondering if you ever heard anything regarding DNA and/or dental record comparisons with the Corll victim?

Was wondering if you ever heard anything regarding DNA and/or dental record comparisons with the Corll victim?
I also, recall David's dental records being sent when the victims were discovered. Mistakes were made at the time and because the likeness of swimsuit boy looks like David's brother. I sought clarification.

I am not sure they are tracking the exclusions for David in NamUS. I had called Houston and eventually asked the DNA Doe Project. The response was "The case manager with our investigating agency partner is double-checking, but David's DNA in CODIS was not a match to Swimsuit Boy according to her records" Said they would contact our family if anything changed. David's DNA is not in the database. David's brother and my DNA are in there through NamUS.

David was a Senior at C.E. Byrd High School in February of 1971 until he went missing the night of homecoming while making his way to Centenary College of Louisiana from Lola Street in Shreveport Louisiana.
1656242809734.jpeg
The case files detail David’s brother hearing him say that he was leaving for Centenary College and watching him walk out the door. It’s believed he tried hitch-hiking a ride which was more common in the 1970s’. The distance between Lola Lane and Centenary College is significant.

“We thought David could have gotten on that trek and realized that it was very far. He would have stopped at someone’s house or gotten into the car with someone. That’s what we thought. He just encountered the wrong person that day,” Chance said.

She worked to find out what happened to her cousin. She called the Shreveport Police Department two years ago to access his files. She submitted her DNA to the NamUs database in case his remains are ever located. His older, surviving brother submitted his DNA as well. He lives in Texas now and could not be reached for interview. Chance also created a Facebook page about David.

David Yeager​

David Yeager

Images
Click a thumbnail to expand
Resources
Missing since:1971-02-07
Date of Birth:1953-09-29
Sex:male
Race:White
Eye color:Brown
Hair color:Black
Height:66 to 68 inches
Weight:220 to 240 pounds
Dental Records:Available
DNA Records:Available
FACES Case #:770
Agency Case #:18018498
Alt. Case #:M624754369
Agency:Shreveport Police Department
Agency Phone:318-673-7028
Identifying features
Possibly wearing dark-colored pants and an off-site shirt.
Additional details
Last seen walking to Centenary College from the 2600 block of Lola Lane, in Shreveport.
Contact us
If you have any information concerning this case please contact the FACES Lab.
Teresa Wilson, Assistant Research Professor, LSU - (225) 578-4761
Maria Allaire, Research Associate, LSU - (225) 578-4775

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2022

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members