GUILTY LA - Jimmie Dixon stabs ex-wife & 2yo daughter on I-110, 22 Sept 2006

Details said:
Always, always, always remember, that the news, and in particular the Internet, and even this site, means we are hearing the worst of the worst of what happens from all around the world. Many billions of people, almost all of them living in peace, good parents, good husbands, good people - but the news doesn't report about them (not enough space in the newspapers even if they were expanded several thousand times!). They report about the bad stuff, as they are supposed to do - but remember how many other people there are.

Sad, horrible cases, and we need to always work to have fewer of them, to find out why, and try to prevent them from happening - but when it gets you down, remember that these people are not the majority, not anything more than a slender edge of a percent of all the wonderful people out there.

There are some things that are the majority. The things that are denied. When child abuse is swept under the rug and declared " a little abuse" is one instance. It means that people are suffering. Of course, many, many people never have an instance of abuse or crime. These people are what everyone strives to hope for in their lives. Perfect teeth and good health and the best SUV one can buy.

I am not denigrating these goals as these are comfort levels that all of us want to achieve. This is why we work our butts off. But, we can't take any instances and try to minimize or we could be caught in the miasma.

I am hoping for all people but victims of crime will always be first as this is not a choice. When I say this it is with a heavy heart. Some of you know that my daughter is very ill. She didnt have a choice either but it wasn't because of an indecent murderor...cancer is with us and it will hurt us or we will survive.

Yes, the world's greatest people are out there but we can't let all go by the wayside as we need to make it better for the next generation. The next generation may cure cancer and the next generation will recognize that dysfunction is the worst disease that can befall a family.

Peace.

concernedperson said:
There are some things that are the majority. The things that are denied. When child abuse is swept under the rug and declared " a little abuse" is one instance. It means that people are suffering. Of course, many, many people never have an instance of abuse or crime. These people are what everyone strives to hope for in their lives. Perfect teeth and good health and the best SUV one can buy.

I am not denigrating these goals as these are comfort levels that all of us want to achieve. This is why we work our butts off. But, we can't take any instances and try to minimize or we could be caught in the miasma. .....
I'm just saying to not lose hope or feel the world is hopelessly evil - it's not even close.

I'm also not saying that it's about perfect teeth, good health, nor definitely about a SUV. It's recognizing how most people, even those who have none of these things, are good people. And that helps IMHO, both to motivate to fight the criminals and evil people, to let those child abusers and abused children know that this is not normal, and not what the world is about.

Details said:
I'm just saying to not lose hope or feel the world is hopelessly evil - it's not even close.

I'm also not saying that it's about perfect teeth, good health, nor definitely about a SUV. It's recognizing how most people, even those who have none of these things, are good people. And that helps IMHO, both to motivate to fight the criminals and evil people, to let those child abusers and abused children know that this is not normal, and not what the world is about.

AND, you are good people and the people that will help others when I am gone. It is a collective thought. I love your positive attitude.It will make a difference.

I believe that there are just as many good decent people around but more violent crimes involving children and murder than there were years ago in this county. Even in my lifetime. Serial killers, pedophile abductions, rapes, gangs, meth epidemic and crack addicts, and missing people all seem to have increased. Hurting children will be a crime that will increase with the more people strung out on drugs. I think this country has really gone downhill by letting all the drugs get here in the firstplace.

txsvicki said:
I believe that there are just as many good decent people around but more violent crimes involving children and murder than there were years ago in this county. Even in my lifetime. Serial killers, pedophile abductions, rapes, gangs, meth epidemic and crack addicts, and missing people all seem to have increased. Hurting children will be a crime that will increase with the more people strung out on drugs. I think this country has really gone downhill by letting all the drugs get here in the firstplace.
I don't think there are more violent crimes in this country than there were years ago. I think we hear about it more now because technology is more predominant - with television, radio and the internet at every turn, we just hear about things more. And bad news sells way more than good news.

There is definitely a correlation b/w violent crime and drugs. I'm interested in your views regarding how our country LET drugs in. One of the most destructive drugs in the world has been legal for a long time. Or are you talking specifically about illegal drugs?

I believe violence is increasing dramatically. But this coming from a 50 year old who grew up in the 60's. We were always outside playing and wandering, and as long as our parents knew generally where we were, it was fine. We lived in historical Old Salem in NC and my best friend was the minister's daughter of Home Church there in Old Salem. We even walked downtown to see movies on Saturday and that was perfectly safe. I wouldn't be comfortable doing that now as an adult and forget a kid doing so! I think to younger generations it may not seem like that much of an increase, but to those who grew up in a much more innocent time, let me tell you yes it has changed HORRIBLY. Sure we had psychos back then and before, but not in the sheer volume now. The violence I might have seen on tv was coverage of the Viet Nam war while kids now see it all the time. I think they DO become somewhat "accepting" of violence. I'm not saying tv makes people violent, but we as a society are becoming somewhat numbed by the constant bombardment of sex and violence.

Not to drift off topic here, but I remember when I was in Jr High (now called Middle School), girls who "did it" were scandolous and few and even in High School the drinkers were considered "wild" and drugs weren't that common. Now if you're a virgin in High School, it's almost like there's something wrong with you or you must be undesirable. There's no reward for being a good person anymore at least not among your peers.

dark_shadows said:
link
A man repeatedly stabbed his toddler and estranged wife along an interstate while horrified people watched from their cars in rush-hour traffic Friday night, police and witnesses said.

The 2-year-old girl was in a car with her parents when her father started stabbing his wife with a kitchen knife along Interstate 110 near the Governor's Mansion, said Cpl. L'Jean McKneely, a Baton Rouge Police spokesman.

When the 26-year-old woman got out and ran for help from an East Baton Rouge Parish sheriff's deputy in squad car just ahead of them, her husband stabbed his daughter, McKneely said.

'He kept stabbing her until the knife was stuck in her head,' witness Gloria Spears told WAFB-TV.

Dark_shadows, I'm sorry we kind of took over your thread with the Woodring case. I started a new thread on that case here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1188946#post1188946

and posted lots of links to articles.

My apologies and now we can go back to discussing the father you first posted about. Any updates on that case?

Full Coverage: Father Stabs Family Along La. Higway

http://www.topix.net/city/baton-rouge-la?full=c254fee27d

From one of the links on the full coverage page:

The 2-year-old girl and her mother had been abducted Friday from a relative's residence in Baton Rouge when the man began stabbing the woman with a kitchen knife as they drove along Interstate 110 near the Governor's Mansion, police said.

When the 26-year-old woman got out and ran for help from an East Baton Rouge Parish sheriff's deputy who was in a squad car just ahead of them, her husband stabbed his daughter, said Cpl. L'Jean McKneely, a Baton Rouge police spokesman.

and

The woman and the toddler, neither of whom was publicly identified by authorities, were in serious condition Saturday at Our Lady of the Lake Medical Center, said Capt. Jeff Smith, a police spokesman. Authorities said the child had the knife lodged in her head. Her mother, who was thrown 20 to 40 feet by the impact of the car, also had numerous stab wounds, police said.

Jimmie Darnell Dixon, 27, of Dallas, was arrested after being treated for minor injuries and released, Smith said. No bond had been set Saturday.

Smith said the couple had been divorced earlier in the day in Baton Rouge. Earlier police reports had described the couple as estranged.

http://www.kalb.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=KALB%2FMGArticle%2FALB_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1149190786837&path=!news!localnews

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/4218911.html?index=1&c=y

Not surprisingly, the fact that the daddy didn't want to pay child support is at the root of the attack.

This little girl was gutted. Her intestines were hanging out. It is still touch and go for her, the risk of infection is great.

Please pray for her. She deserved a better daddy, didn't she?

Dixon is an out of control idiot who deserves to be behind bars for the rest of his life. If the baby dies he deserves the death penalty. Nothing else can excuse or remedy his behavior.He is not redeemable for society and the good Lord will have to look hard at him too.

SewingDeb said:
Full Coverage: Father Stabs Family Along La. Higway

http://www.topix.net/city/baton-rouge-la?full=c254fee27d

From one of the links on the full coverage page:

The 2-year-old girl and her mother had been abducted Friday from a relative's residence in Baton Rouge when the man began stabbing the woman with a kitchen knife as they drove along Interstate 110 near the Governor's Mansion, police said.

When the 26-year-old woman got out and ran for help from an East Baton Rouge Parish sheriff's deputy who was in a squad car just ahead of them, her husband stabbed his daughter, said Cpl. L'Jean McKneely, a Baton Rouge police spokesman.

and

The woman and the toddler, neither of whom was publicly identified by authorities, were in serious condition Saturday at Our Lady of the Lake Medical Center, said Capt. Jeff Smith, a police spokesman. Authorities said the child had the knife lodged in her head. Her mother, who was thrown 20 to 40 feet by the impact of the car, also had numerous stab wounds, police said.

Jimmie Darnell Dixon, 27, of Dallas, was arrested after being treated for minor injuries and released, Smith said. No bond had been set Saturday.

Smith said the couple had been divorced earlier in the day in Baton Rouge. Earlier police reports had described the couple as estranged.

http://www.kalb.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=KALB%2FMGArticle%2FALB_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1149190786837&path=!news!localnews
I am confused ... did the mother run from the car after getting out of it, or was she thrown on impact?? Never mind, I just reread it.

If she was able to get out of the car, I just wish she somehow could've grabbed her child. However, I am sure the situation was just too crazy to do anything at that point to stop that maniac.

I wish they would post an update on their conditions!!! Has anyone heard anything?

Sheromom said:
I wish they would post an update on their conditions!!! Has anyone heard anything?

I know the little girl is in ICU in "extreme critical" condition. The mom is doing better than that, but I can't remember the exact medical terminology.

From February 2015:

http://theadvocate.com/news/11504651-123/br-man-seeks-new-trial

The attack... left Samantha Dixon with 13 stab wounds and her 2-year-old daughter, Jamia Dixon, with a large butcher knife stuck in her head. Both victims survived the Sept. 22, 2006, assault, but Jamia lost her sight.

Jimmie Dixon, who is serving a 70-year prison term, now is asking a Baton Rouge federal judge to reverse his kidnapping and attempted murder convictions and sentence and either grant him a new trial or an evidentiary hearing on his insanity claim. Dixon contends he suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder and could not tell right from wrong at the time of the attack... Psychiatrists differed on whether two tours of duty in Iraq created the disorder in Dixon...

Prosecutors said there was testimony that Dixon tried to control his wife from the day they got married and he lashed out when he knew he was losing control.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LyssBear93
Back