Found Deceased LA - Nathan Millard, 42, GA resident on business trip in Baton Rouge, last seen leaving pub, phone found, debit card used, 23 Feb 2023

Victimology is not victim blaming. It comes without judgment. But it is necessary to know what avenues to explore.

For example, if I go shopping and someone is looking for me, they would check the shoe store. Clothing store. Kitchen store. But the places they would likely not check would be the electronics store. The tuxedo shop. It's not a judgment about a person. It's knowing the things that are possible for that person, to be able to better investigate.

Plenty of people drink or do drugs. It remains to be seen if that was a factor here. But, it's a possibility in his life, so it's ok to explore that option. Logical evidence (appearing intoxicated, walking the streets instead of going to hotel, getting money and checking balances at ATM in late late night hours) says its a likely factor, so needs to be explored. It's uncomfortable, but it is not a judgment about him. It's just part of victimology- knowing your victim's habits and tendencies. Even if this was say an accidental overdose- someone supplied the drugs and someone rolled him. At least 1 other person knows what happened and it needs to be investigated.

The reporting on this case has been all over the place, since the beginning we've heard multiple contradictory stories which has made it hard to distinguish fact from fiction.

The latest 'revision' of the story says that Nathan possibly used his debit card at 5:30am, which pushes the timeline back by at least 3 hours (it was previously reported that he used his card between 1-2am, with no mention of other transactions). If he did in fact use his debit card at 5:30am, it raises questions about why his wallet was found by the Greyhound station where he had been sighted with the homeless man earlier that night.

Did he lose his wallet and phone before or after the visit to the ATM at the Greyhound station? At which point did he remove his debit card from his wallet? Where was he and what was he doing between the transaction at the Greyhound station and the possible ATM transaction at 5:30am?

Victimology is not victim blaming. It comes without judgment. But it is necessary to know what avenues to explore.

For example, if I go shopping and someone is looking for me, they would check the shoe store. Clothing store. Kitchen store. But the places they would likely not check would be the electronics store. The tuxedo shop. It's not a judgment about a person. It's knowing the things that are possible for that person, to be able to better investigate.

Plenty of people drink or do drugs. It remains to be seen if that was a factor here. But, it's a possibility in his life, so it's ok to explore that option. Logical evidence (appearing intoxicated, walking the streets instead of going to hotel, getting money and checking balances at ATM in late late night hours) says its a likely factor, so needs to be explored. It's uncomfortable, but it is not a judgment about him. It's just part of victimology- knowing your victim's habits and tendencies. Even if this was say an accidental overdose- someone supplied the drugs and someone rolled him. At least 1 other person knows what happened and it needs to be investigated.
Agreed.
I also believe that if NM was drinking again after being sober for a time, someone could easily offer him some free drinks and spike them
Doesn't mean habitual use but would show up in the autopsy.
If , as it has been said earlier here, he was seen by someone in a possibly confused state, that sounds bad for him.
M00.

The reporting on this case has been all over the place, since the beginning we've heard multiple contradictory stories which has made it hard to distinguish fact from fiction.

The latest 'revision' of the story says that Nathan possibly used his debit card at 5:30am, which pushes the timeline back by at least 3 hours (it was previously reported that he used his card between 1-2am, with no mention of other transactions). If he did in fact use his debit card at 5:30am, it raises questions about why his wallet was found by the Greyhound station where he had been sighted with the homeless man earlier that night.

Did he lose his wallet and phone before or after the visit to the ATM at the Greyhound station? At which point did he remove his debit card from his wallet? Where was he and what was he doing between the transaction at the Greyhound station and the possible ATM transaction at 5:30am ?
Bolding mine.
Indeed !
Good questions.
It makes commenting on this case confusing.

I'd imagine LE are poring through any security footage even now ?
Re. the second bolded : Or someone took it off of him , aka stole the items ?
Sadly, if he appeared confused or drunk, it'd be easy for a low life to take advantage of NM.
Which means there are people to need to be held accountable.
Imo, NM did not wrap himself in plastic and carpet !
:(

His talk with the female at bus station was 2:30 AM. Don't think there is any sign of him after that time, he was not there when his debit card was used by someone else at 5:30 AM.
Thanks, this timeline is oddly all over the place.
I asked about his card yesterday, and someone posted that it was debunked about the person using his card ?
Will go back and check.
M00.

IIRC these discrepancies with the ATM footage were cleared up a few days ago. It sounded like the time stamp was off. There was footage of NM using his card at those ATMs. The other people were using their own cards.
Here's the post debunking that NM's card was used by someone else.
Thanks, @starlightstarbright !
The reporting on this case seems to be more 'fluid' than some other cases, so -- imo -- certain aspects of this tragic end for NM could change.
Depending on what LE uncovers in their investigation ?
Even if not a homicide ... someone rolled him up in plastic and carpet and dumped him where he was found ??
Why ?
M00.

Last edited:

Well said. Thank you for sharing this insight

Do I have it right that he used an ATM to check his balance 3x throughout the night? 3x? If he’d determined the amount sitting after his first balance inquiry why the second or third check? Had he been low on funds from the beginning? I’d be curious to know if he had a banking app on his phone because if so he could’ve checked in on his balance however many times that way, unless he had already lost his phone by that point.

Tigermania said:
His talk with the female at bus station was 2:30 AM. Don't think there is any sign of him after that time, he was not there when his debit card was used by someone else at 5:30 AM.
< RSBM >
Thanks, this timeline is oddly all over the place.
I asked about his card yesterday, and someone posted that it was debunked about the person using his card ?
Will go back and check.
M00.
It may be my fault the timeline appears skewed. I've posted it wrong several times due to a lack of understanding. For those errors, I apologize.

From Kiran's interview w/ TMiller:

... from the time
he left the uh the Irish Pub until the next time he was physically seen
by Witnesses and everything it was like three hours

... that's three hour window where it's
almost four hour window from the time that he left the pub [11:30pm] and until uh he
talked to that person at the bus station [2:30am]

Your post always make the most sense. Thank you!

Bbm
Hmmm.
Now that he's been located , maybe the autopsy will reveal more ?

I admit I have a hinky feeling about the people who last saw him ; do they know anything more ?
Did he walk or get an Uber back to his hotel ?
Was Happy's the last place he went or did he go somewhere else ?
Is he on security cameras at the times the witness last saw him ?
(So their account can be verified ?)

Rest in peace Nathan.
What a tragic outcome !
My condolences to his relatives.
M00.
I agree completely.

It is an extremely sad and tragic outcome. My heart aches for his family. Especially his wife and kids. Just all very very sad.

The family of the Georgia man who died during a business trip to Baton Rouge says they have been told he likely died of an accidental overdose.

The family says investigators told them Tuesday that an autopsy showed “no internal or external trauma” to the body.
As expected, sadly.

Does no internal injury exclude accidental overdose?
I don't think they would consider an overdose to be an internal injury. In my experience, that would refer to something like a ruptured internal organ, internal bleeding, broken ribs, etc., that might be the result of something like a car accident where you can have fatal injuries that aren't apparent from the outside.

So, this dangerous depressed area of the city is owned by a large corporation and allowed to be turned into a dangerous slum? It is considered a green buffer, whatever that is. I can't wrap my head around this.
This area was a depressed and rough area when I left Baton Rouge 40 years ago.This area has a huge section that's industrial.

I'm kind of relieved by this, I'd pictured far more sinister scenarios.
I've saved my brother's life twice when he was using, he literally just passed out, and hopefully it was the same for Nathan :(

East Baton Rouge Parish Coroner Dr. Beau Clark said the final autopsy results are pending further studies, including toxicology testing. He added the cause of death and manner of death are pending the completion of the final autopsy report.

On Tuesday, the East Baton Rouge Coroner's Office shared preliminary autopsy results, noting there was no sign of internal or external trauma, meaning it appeared he was neither beaten nor was he stuck by any kind of weapon. The manner and cause of death is still pending the final autopsy report and toxicology results.

Police said the death is not being investigated as a homicide at this time.

If there are no signs of foul play, the death could be determined to be accidental or undetermined. In that instance, there would possibly be no charges directly tied to Millard's death.
The coroner’s office also will likely need to conduct toxicology tests to determine if any substances were in Millard’s body that could have killed him or contributed to his death.

Investigators said it is possible he was with others when he accidentally overdosed and they moved his body to another location.

The Baton Rouge Police Department will hold a news conference at 4 p.m. to release what its investigation has revealed in Millard’s death.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aoajanw
Back