LA LA - Shane Fell, 36, Marrero, 9 June 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my deal with them......They stopped to help....Then you don't call the police for days...I tried for several months to get them to talk to me...I had left thank you letters and gift cards with no responds...I finally caught them at the house one evening,spoke with the young guy and he tells me ...They sold the car they had that night...he then tells me he called 911 but they have no record of the call....The cell phone you had that night you no longer have...and can't get the records...and your girl friend had a mental breakdown.....WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU FEEL FUNNY
Oh, I do not like the sound of this. AT. ALL.

Here's my deal with them......They stopped to help....Then you don't call the police for days...I tried for several months to get them to talk to me...I had left thank you letters and gift cards with no responds...I finally caught them at the house one evening,spoke with the young guy and he tells me ...They sold the car they had that night...he then tells me he called 911 but they have no record of the call....The cell phone you had that night you no longer have...and can't get the records...and your girl friend had a mental breakdown.....WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU FEEL FUNNY

Kenny,

They sold the car they had that night? Yea, when pigs fly! This HAS to be some LE cover-up. This is so sad and awful. How can everyone else around this case, except for the awesomeness of you guys, the AMAZING Fell family, either not offer to help you guys, or just present one road-block after another? How could 9-1-1 not have a record of the call?! Unless these people are lying. I honestly think that it SEEMS like anyone who might have been willing to help on this case has been ordered or bribed not to talk.

I really believe that LE botched this case, and some higher-ups know that, and have ordered others not to help or talk. Everything about the "help" in this case from LE authority makes me feel funny, and NOT IN A GOOD WAY!

It seems that with the love and generosity that your family and friends have shown to Shane's case, that maybe donations could be collected, (if they haven't already) to get some out-of-town high profile investigators who can get on this investigation. You guys need a good lawyer and a judge who can be non-local and bring some closure and justice to this for Shane and your family.

There are tons of local LE doings that are so wrong here, that it looks like something out of "The Twilight Zone." Your best source, IMHO is going to be outside help, with fair and impartial justice on this case. Shane and your family deserve the very best. and it sure seems from LE, you are getting all of the very worst.

Satch

One of the last meetings we had with JPSO i told them that i spoke with the witness and was very up set with my findings....They asked how we found them and why went to talk to them.....I told them i had friends who knew them and i wanted to thank them face to face....But after speaking with the guy and what i was told i was NOT happy.....I asked about the lie detector test they did on the guy and how new was the machine....AT THIS POINT THEY GOT PISSED......The whole meeting kinda went downhill from that...I asked if they did a test on the girl and they said NO......I don't understand ..GIVE ONE A TEST AND NOT THE OTHER....

I thought I posted this before but can't find it, so maybe I didn't.

Shane had brown eyes but wore contacts that made his eyes appear kind of blue/grey. IMO, the composite of the "homeless" purse snatcher shows eyes that are blue/grey, not brown.

If it was Shane, what are the chances that a homeless man would still be wearing his blue/grey contact lenses 3 years after going missing? Amazing that anyone fighting with a purse snatcher at 7:30 pm on a March evening, would have that eye colour down pat.

As much as I'd like to believe it is Shane, I find the whole purse snatching / composite story too "canned", right down to the victim's comment that the perp appeared "homeless". IMO, it seems contrived to point to Shane and support the belief that he is alive and homeless (as JPSO knows we all want to believe). Maybe if JPSO had been more upfront and co-operative with the family, I wouldn't be having such suspicions.

According to the article jbirddinky posted; one comment said there was NO incident listed on the NOPD crime map for the purse snatching. Has anyone scoped out the McDonalds at Canal and Royal streets?

Police seek suspect in foiled CBD purse snatching that injured woman

Let me just start by saying I am a local around the same age as Shane. Although, I don't know him personally, my heart goes out to his family. I have read about his story before on here and then it kinda faded for me, no real leads I guess. IMHO when I read someone mention the purse snatching look-a-like, my first thought was, yeah right...but then my optomistic and curious side of me kicked in and looked up the sketch. Wow! The height, the age, the hair color, the skin color, the legnth of the hair, the eye color, the forhead, the nose, the smile. Maybe it is all just wishful thinking. However, if he has a head injury and doesn't know who he is that would explain the letting go of self image. I noticed someone comment on they are pretty sure they see him at McDonalds on Canal/Royal a lot!http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2014/03/police_seek_man_in_foiled_cbd.html

I am sure he will be caught soon enough and we will know this man's idenity. It would sure be great to find out this was him!

Kenny, sorry if this has already been addressed, but is there any possibility that Shane may have gone back to where he lived previously, Georgia, IIRC. Admittedly, it doesn't really seem feasible considering that his bank accounts, etc. haven't been touched. Just a thought, if he was having problems with someone there in New Orleans, even possibly in fear for his life for some reason. :scared:

Also, regarding the couple that stopped and talked to Shane, what kind of impression did you get of the young man after you talked with him ? Did he appear more or less normal and healthy, in other words, did he have any of the signs / symptoms of someone who might be a drug addict, thinking specifically of either meth or crack cocaine.

And, did you or the family or the PI run a background check on him and the woman that was with him ? Just wondering about the possibility of them having a criminal record. Also wondering about the possibility of them having connections with whoever was driving the PT Cruiser.

Last one (for now :facepalm: )do you know if Shane might have been carrying a significant amount of cash on him, just thinking of this along the lines of thieves taking advantage of him after his accident.

Thank you for bearing with us through all the questioning, you are awesome. :hug:

Interesting that the one commenter says he's not surprised that the incident isn't on the crime map?

Maybe a group of civilians could copy that composite and the MP poster and canvass the homeless peeps in the area. Also, soup kitchens and food banks .. volunteers might be even more helpful than the homeless who can be protective of their peers.

Kenny.... I've been reading on this case since it happened. I've got kids that live in that general area, so it was of interest. Let me back up here, if you don't mind... I'm having a blond moment....

First - how did you find the PTC people? I must have missed that part.

Then, you left them letters and gift cards and they never responded, even to thank you? You then caught up with the guy at the house. He said: the PTC was sold, he no longer has that phone that he called 911 one, 911 dispatch has no record of the call, and you can't talk to the woman as she's had a mental breakdown??? Am I getting all this right?

You can't make this stuff up!!!

How did he seem when he was talking to you? Upset? nervous? wanting you to leave???

Thanks.. and many prayers and hugs sent your way.

Kenny, sorry if this has already been addressed, but is there any possibility that Shane may have gone back to where he lived previously, Georgia, IIRC. Admittedly, it doesn't really seem feasible considering that his bank accounts, etc. haven't been touched. Just a thought, if he was having problems with someone there in New Orleans, even possibly in fear for his life for some reason. :scared:

Also, regarding the couple that stopped and talked to Shane, what kind of impression did you get of the young man after you talked with him ? Did he appear more or less normal and healthy, in other words, did he have any of the signs / symptoms of someone who might be a drug addict, thinking specifically of either meth or crack cocaine.

And, did you or the family or the PI run a background check on him and the woman that was with him ? Just wondering about the possibility of them having a criminal record. Also wondering about the possibility of them having connections with whoever was driving the PT Cruiser.

Last one (for now :facepalm: )do you know if Shane might have been carrying a significant amount of cash on him, just thinking of this along the lines of thieves taking advantage of him after his accident.

Thank you for bearing with us through all the questioning, you are awesome. :hug:

We still talk from time to time with his friends from Georgia...I don't think he could have went back there.....The police did run the young guys record and he did have some Domestic abuse in his passed...When i talked to the young guy he seemed pretty cool ...thats what throws me off...if you was so nice why you never contacted me or Brett...The idea about CASH.....Shane hardly ever carried a lot of cash.....He used his cards
He was employed as a machinist ..i even made a comment about being so young and being a first class machinist...i asked if he learned the trade in the service ...He said no....

Roughly how old do you think the young guy is Kenny?

If you thought he was too young to be a 1st class machinist, then he sounds pretty young to also have domestic abuse charges on record.

Thinking of Shane having picked up Popeyes on the Thursday night. I was streetview walking around Canal and Royal, and noticed there is a Popeyes in the 600 block of Canal. Probably a long shot, but if Shane's memory of right around the accident was affected, he might possibly have flashes of earlier in the evening and remember Popeyes for some reason.

If you thought he was too young to be a 1st class machinist, then he sounds pretty young to also have domestic abuse charges on record.

I don't know about Kenny, but these days, to me, everyone under 40 looks young :rolleyes: :giggle:

Many abusers start in early relationships - even in their teens...experience talking here...

I was told he walked in on his girl friend with another guy and beat them up....This is the reason the police brought him in for poly test...I was told by other police they bring people in and make them think they taking the test to see if they talk....I think thats why the police got PISSED when i asked when was the last time the machine was last certified...The guy to me looks late 20's

One of the last meetings we had with JPSO i told them that i spoke with the witness and was very up set with my findings....They asked how we found them and why went to talk to them.....I told them i had friends who knew them and i wanted to thank them face to face....But after speaking with the guy and what i was told i was NOT happy.....I asked about the lie detector test they did on the guy and how new was the machine....AT THIS POINT THEY GOT PISSED......The whole meeting kinda went downhill from that...I asked if they did a test on the girl and they said NO......I don't understand ..GIVE ONE A TEST AND NOT THE OTHER....

Kenny,

Did the guy witness pass the lie detector test? I agree, the girl witness should have also been tested!

Satch

So it appears, IMO, that the young couple hold the key. A nervous breakdown from...from something seen or done wrong? Let's hope a conscience can come forward. It's been a long time.

Kenny.... I've been reading on this case since it happened. I've got kids that live in that general area, so it was of interest. Let me back up here, if you don't mind... I'm having a blond moment....

First - how did you find the PTC people? I must have missed that part.

Then, you left them letters and gift cards and they never responded, even to thank you? You then caught up with the guy at the house. He said: the PTC was sold, he no longer has that phone that he called 911 one, 911 dispatch has no record of the call, and you can't talk to the woman as she's had a mental breakdown??? Am I getting all this right?

You can't make this stuff up!!!

How did he seem when he was talking to you? Upset? nervous? wanting you to leave???

Thanks.. and many prayers and hugs sent your way.

It was the witness that stopped and asked Shane if he needed help...They was driving a ford crown vic.........and yes all of it is true...

Kenny,

Did the guy witness pass the lie detector test? I agree, the girl witness should have also been tested!

Satch

From what we was told.......Everything checked out....NOW WHO DO YOU WANT TO BELIEVE....From all the twist and turns that JPSO DID on us....and the wrong INFO from the PI ...Makes you think WHATS NEXT

From what we was told.......Everything checked out....NOW WHO DO YOU WANT TO BELIEVE....From all the twist and turns that JPSO DID on us....and the wrong INFO from the PI ...Makes you think WHATS NEXT
So there was a Ford crown Vic AND a PT cruiser? And those people are where?

Kenny, has a female family member or friend tried to approach the girl friend while the guy isn't around? She may speak more freely to another female or without him around if someone can catch her alone.

Kenny, has a female family member or friend tried to approach the girl friend while the guy isn't around? She may speak more freely to another female or without him around if someone can catch her alone.

We had one of Shane's girl friend try and talk to her in the very beginning but she wouldn't talk to her.....We do know now that the couple has split up but they have moved and we don't know were to.I asked the PI for the young guys employer but ..He would have to look in his file.....and never got back to us...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarthaPrirl