LA LA - Shane Fell, 36, Marrero, 9 June 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be, eh? :biggrin:

ETA: Or simply, the caller said "yeah, the driver's here". I mean seriously, when a cop asks you a question about someone being there, why on earth would you respond "the wipers were on"? If a caller was somehow traumatized, then a dispatcher would have asked the Q again until they got an appropriate response.

Caveat: The above all hinges on my recollection of the Q and A in that transcript (which I can't seem to find right now to confirm. Am still looking for it)

I transcribed that part in this post, SB.

LA LA - Shane Fell, 36, Marrero, 9 June 2011 - Page 8 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Dispatch: Is anyone still in the car?

Caller: The windshield wipers is still on.

I half suspect the reply was deliberately edited out. But if that's the case, why leave in the question?

And if the car looked then the way it did when it was photographed, how on G*d's green earth were the windshield wipers on? And for that matter, how did Shane crawl out of the window? That doesn't seem possible from the photos of the car. He must have been covered in mud. But no muddy footprints on the street nearby?

I posed this question earlier in the thread, but I don't believe I got a response. Could the car originally have been in a more upright position, and then rolled all the way over after Shane exited, and after the 911 call? I know it doesn't seem likely. So how else do we explain the windshield wipers?

Great post on victimology made by verified LEO RichKelly last year:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - Shane Fell, 36, Marrero, 9 June 2011

Of particular interest to me were RichKelly's comments near the end:

Something else that is strange:

Look at Page One of the 911 Dispatch sheets. There is a detail line there which gives the phone number (whited out) and the address (249 Klein Lane) of the person who reported the car. Very close by.

Page One: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1961&pictureid=17362

Now look at Page Two of the Dispatch sheets. A detail line that starts with "INFO" says that a relative of the person who called it in is "in a 20". (In police code "20" is a "location") If I am reading it correctly the next portion "advises to contact the relative and tell them he is fine"

Page Two: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1961&pictureid=17363

WTH???

wanted to bump this up so we can all take another look at the police sheets

re post #129 in this thread with video.....I stopped video at 33'' and took a hard look at the windshield -- looks to me (no expert) that the windshield damage was from rolling/impact of accident and not the driver (MOO) and the quarter panel front left side missing -- given that is (highly speculative on my part) potential ''possibility here was actually a side swipe with another vehicle that was so minor it didn't big damage to other vehicle but caused ''over correction'' by SF.

Could it be possible that other driver returned to scene between BF's calls ?

I haven't had a chance to watch the unexplained video. Did LE cooperate and appear in the program? Just thinking back to Maura Murray's strikingly similar story. There were questions surrounding LE in her case but they participated in her Disappeared episode.

I transcribed that part in this post, SB.

LA LA - Shane Fell, 36, Marrero, 9 June 2011 - Page 8 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Dispatch: Is anyone still in the car?

Caller: The windshield wipers is still on.

I half suspect the reply was deliberately edited out. But if that's the case, why leave in the question?

And if the car looked then the way it did when it was photographed, how on G*d's green earth were the windshield wipers on? And for that matter, how did Shane crawl out of the window? That doesn't seem possible from the photos of the car. He must have been covered in mud. But no muddy footprints on the street nearby?

I posed this question earlier in the thread, but I don't believe I got a response. Could the car originally have been in a more upright position, and then rolled all the way over after Shane exited, and after the 911 call? I know it doesn't seem likely. So how else do we explain the windshield wipers?
I know nothing about cars, Bessie, but I recently looked at the photo of the crashed car. It simply did not look like a 1 vehicle accident.

So nice to see so many people talking about Shane's case. It's always been one that's stuck with me.

I ditto the questions about the 911 call, cell pings, and windshield wipers. It seems like we're missing some key info.

As for the bit about the accident possibly involving two cars, I googled some pics of single vehicle crashes, and there are some cars that rolled over in single vehicle crashes that look similar to Shane's car such as: http://www.northescambia.com/2009/05/one-vehicle-rollover-accident-on-highway-97. I'm definitely no expert though!

So nice to see so many people talking about Shane's case. It's always been one that's stuck with me.

I ditto the questions about the 911 call, cell pings, and windshield wipers. It seems like we're missing some key info.

As for the bit about the accident possibly involving two cars, I googled some pics of single vehicle crashes, and there are some cars that rolled over in single vehicle crashes that look similar to Shane's car such as: http://www.northescambia.com/2009/05/one-vehicle-rollover-accident-on-highway-97. I'm definitely no expert though!
Thanks Hannah, I didn't think a one vehicle crash could look so bad. Was Shane's car dark colored?

Yes it was a dark green saturn and it didn't have a black box to record impact...it was built 6 months to early...I had also thought that it could have be involved with another car...I have many pics just have to find out how to post them...Thanks

Anyone know what a Ragusas roll is (in the accident report)?

Yes it was a dark green saturn and it didn't have a black box to record impact...it was built 6 months to early...I had also thought that it could have be involved with another car...I have many pics just have to find out how to post them...Thanks

You may have missed my earlier post about how to do that Kenny:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - Shane Fell, 36, Marrero, 9 June 2011

It was new to all of us at one time. Any questions, let us know .. we'll walk you through it.

The wreck was in the middle of two fire Dist. but Ragusa was that name of the fire Dept. that responded to the wreck site......

Hi Bessie, so much is happening on this thread and the information is scattered in so many places. Would it be possible to have a separate thread a bit more organized, a sticky one, with all the data, one timeline, the pictures and the right maps??

I'm still reasonalby up to date with Shane's case, at least that is what I think, but I'm starting to get confused when I try to look something up for confirmation or a referral. I started on an overview, but I lost track early on. :blushing:

:dunno::dunno: Please?

I agree,

Also sorry if this has already been mentioned, but does anyone know the name of the couple who stopped to help Shane? I wonder where they were going and EXACTLY the conversion that Shane had with the couple? How did Shane look to the couple? Did Brett or anyone else in the family talk to the couple, contact them in any way? Who say these two people? They could be important witnesses to Shane's health and potential whereabouts after the accident.

Or, did the couple get out of the car, or just drive by, saw the wreck, Shane said, "My brother's coming for help" and they went on their way and that was that?

From what I understand, NOBODY saw Shane walk away from the scene of the accident. Which doesn't mean he didn't, but it means nobody saw him. I have a gut feeling that whatever happened to Shane or where he went occurred within at most a twenty minute time frame. The car was totaled. I think Shane either took off on foot or got a ride with someone.

I think he either passed away in the river, or while being driven to a hospital, or very likely is a victim of amnesia, alive today, and doesn't know who he is or where he is. If we had a better medical understanding of Shane's injuries from the accident it would help in the case.

Satch

This would mean he dropped the phone some where.. this whole thing is just strange. if he was waiting outside his car for his brother to arrive.This mean he told him he was coming, (which is being said). He no reason to leave the area. If he walked he would have been seen walking which is rumored.

Now why would he walk if he answered "my brother is coming" to passer by's this come from confidence of being told Im on the way . This doesn't seem like to me he was out synce with what happened. One thing that really is odd is who found the shoe did Le or did the family. Did his brother find the shoes in the water. How deep was the water. was this night time or morning time. Are pythons, boa's in this area.(snakes)

I think the(* the family) messed up with doing their investigation so fast. if he was murdered ,napped or animal killed ( a croc/snake). This hinder the investigation, this destroy evidence or misplaces it in a way . Now what you found is no good. It break all directions and clues.. They have to start over its been tampered with. When this happen they have nothing to share. All clues been moved around. Its put the family in a predicament( guilt).

For example if get I killed in a home robbery but I called my brother for help before hand and the killer leave a bloody knife after the facts on the floor, If my brother pick that knife up when he arrives, now his finger prints are on it, he might have erased this killer finger prints. We don't know who picked up the shoe, did LE or the family. because you never know someone could've threw it in struggle with the young man..

If the family found all the evidence like shoes and etc. It hinder his direction. Le will have nothing to go by or give in the case. Thats what I see here in theme. But we dont who found the shoes, Im feeling the phone pinged for 5 days. This is not saying he was alive for 5 days, but he could have fell some where and was trapped his phone fell. in the grass. or as crazy as it sounds attacked by a boa (snakes).

.If Le had the pings then where did they search 1st, 2nd? Im think maybe he went to urinate by the water and something happened after a wreck you will puke or urine, crap yourself to relive tension. maybe he panic when saw blood or the pain increased which is common. But If some body did something to him then what are he nearest pawn shops. What kind of phone did he own.

This would mean he dropped the phone some where.. this whole thing is just strange. if he was waiting outside his car for his brother to arrive.This mean he told him he was coming, (which is being said). He no reason to leave the area. If he walked he would have been seen walking which is rumored.

Now why would he walk if he answered "my brother is coming" to passer by's this come from confidence of being told Im on the way . This doesn't seem like to me he was out synce with what happened. One thing that really is odd is who found the shoe did Le or did the family. Did his brother find the shoes in the water. How deep was the water. was this night time or morning time. Are pythons, boa's in this area.(snakes)

I think the(* the family) messed up with doing their investigation so fast. if he was murdered ,napped or animal killed ( a croc/snake). This hinder the investigation, this destroy evidence or misplaces it in a way . Now what you found is no good. It break all directions and clues.. They have to start over its been tampered with. When this happen they have nothing to share. All clues been moved around. Its put the family in a predicament( guilt).

For example if get I killed in a home robbery but I called my brother for help before hand and the killer leave a bloody knife after the facts on the floor, If my brother pick that knife up when he arrives, now his finger prints are on it, he might have erased this killer finger prints. We don't know who picked up the shoe, did LE or the family. because you never know someone could've threw it in struggle with the young man..

If the family found all the evidence like shoes and etc. It hinder his direction. Le will have nothing to go by or give in the case. Thats what I see here in theme. But we dont who found the shoes, Im feeling the phone pinged for 5 days. This is not saying he was alive for 5 days, but he could have fell some where and was trapped his phone fell. in the grass. or as crazy as it sounds attacked by a boa (snakes).

.If Le had the pings then where did they search 1st, 2nd? Im think maybe he went to urinate by the water and something happened after a wreck you will puke or urine, crap yourself to relive tension. maybe he panic when saw blood or the pain increased which is common. But If some body did something to him then what are he nearest pawn shops. What kind of phone did he own.

Oldwindow, I don't know where you got the idea from that the family found "all the evidence" - what evidence? I have not read anything like that in this thread. As for the shoe, yes, apparently the family saw the shoe first, reported it to LE and they came to collect it.

I don't think the family "messed up" anything.

Thanks Hannah, I didn't think a one vehicle crash could look so bad. Was Shane's car dark colored?

I have seen worse. I remember this young girl and her friends crashed a car coming home from a party and the car was pretty much scrap in a ball.of metal. 2 teen where ejected from the car the other 3 were crushed by the impact of the flipping and rail wall. Four ,died except one who is in wheel chair today with brain injuries, nothing to severe ,She can talk

Speeding was the reason why it happened. She was very lucky.. I think the brother is very lucky as well, he wasn't killed on impact.

I think you are right, they just pointed out the shoe but LE took forever to pick it up. Also - family was not first on the scene from what I can tell, so it was LE's job to ensure nothing was touched that shouldn't have been - I would think?

Oldwindow, I don't know where you got the idea from that the family found "all the evidence" - what evidence? I have not read anything like that in this thread. As for the shoe, yes, apparently the family saw the shoe first, reported it to LE and they came to collect it.

I don't think the family "messed up" anything.

It's my understanding that LE got to the accident scene before Brett. If this is the case, I think it's possible that Shane was waiting for his brother by the car but ran off when he heard sirens coming.

Anyway, I don't think that it sounds the family contaminated the scene. It sounds like they've done an excellent job working with the police and kudos to them, especially when the lack of info/progress from LE must be very frustrating.

Kenny, could you check your messages ? Not your PM's, but your regular messages. Go to "Control Panel" , then just click on "Your Profile" to see your messages. Your Private message box is full, so you need to empty it, or download the messages in order to receive new ones. TIA

FWIW, I don't think Shane's family had anything to do with this. And I also don't think he would have gone to the water. Texas Equusearch did a one day search in the water, and stated they don't believe he could be in the water. Not to mention, if he had gone in the water and he had his phone with him, it would not have worked for five days. I do believe that it's important to find out where the ping's are with relation to his phone. It might provide another piece to this puzzle. JMO

LE seem defensive. Use of the word "suspect" bothers me.
Perhaps LE responded and they attempted to stop Shane as he fled the scene. They may have fired at the fleeing "suspect". Maybe the cell phone was riding around in a police car as part of evidence that was never submitted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussieKel