LA LA - Shane Fell, 36, Marrero, 9 June 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
LE seem defensive. Use of the word "suspect" bothers me.
Perhaps LE responded and they attempted to stop Shane as he fled the scene. They may have fired at the fleeing "suspect". Maybe the cell phone was riding around in a police car as part of evidence that was never submitted.

As sad as this is, it doesn't seem far fetched for the happenings around here! At all! It actually makes as much sense or more than any other theory!

Also, I have seen several people say something about sirens. It would be unlikely that the police hear would come to a scene with lights and sirens. Very unlikely. More often than not, especially if there is no traffic, they will pull up close to the scene and then turn their lights on. If he was going to run from the police, he probably would have had to do that immediately! Like, "Brett, meet me down by the ____ warehouse. I don't want to be close to my car when the police come." kind of thing. He knew how long it would take Brett to get there!

Does. not. make. sense! Suspicious!!! We have to help them find him!

PS- I can't get the issues with the police on Treme out of my head! I don't want to think anything like that happened here, but why the secrecy? Do they still have an active investigation going on?

I just watched a youtube video Brett made. He says that after watching video, there was approximately 11 cars, including a maroon PT Cruiser. Obviously, there was no sighting a person on the video, but I wonder if there was any police car that was on the video. It could have easily been assumed that was the one that showed up to help. Am I allowed to link it? If not, I apologize and please remove the video:
Shane fell info - YouTube

Sorry I am filling up the feed all by myself awake and thinking! lol. This is a picture from the Help Find Shane Fell Facebook page. It is where they had their "Shane's Day" vigil a couple of days ago. As a girl who knows the drinking world of New Orleans better than any human should, this bridge struck me immediately! I saw it in the first picture! If he was going to hide from the police, he might have gone up the levee and laid on the other side to watch for when Brett go there. It is unlikely he would have gotten near the water at any time. You can hide right over the levee, especially with a bridge, which is uncommon on the levee!! I just don't feel like that is what is up. His phone was on for 5 days. I want to know if it was moving sooooo badly! If it was not, certainly a legitimate police investigation would have tracked it down.

Where are you, Shane?? Give us inspiration to find you!!!

Oh, yeah, right... links!
WHAT IS THAT UP THERE???? The bridge? https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...065.1073741826.168260816569938&type=1&theater

BRIDGE: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...065.1073741826.168260816569938&type=1&theater

Sorry I am filling up the feed all by myself awake and thinking! lol. This is a picture from the Help Find Shane Fell Facebook page. It is where they had their "Shane's Day" vigil a couple of days ago. As a girl who knows the drinking world of New Orleans better than any human should, this bridge struck me immediately! I saw it in the first picture! If he was going to hide from the police, he might have gone up the levee and laid on the other side to watch for when Brett go there. It is unlikely he would have gotten near the water at any time. You can hide right over the levee, especially with a bridge, which is uncommon on the levee!! I just don't feel like that is what is up. His phone was on for 5 days. I want to know if it was moving sooooo badly! If it was not, certainly a legitimate police investigation would have tracked it down.

WHAT IS THAT UP THERE???? The bridge? https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...065.1073741826.168260816569938&type=1&theater

BRIDGE: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...065.1073741826.168260816569938&type=1&theater

good catch!!

am guessing that's right by the accident scene?

If you put the coordinates from the accident report into google maps, you can have a good look around the accident scene in relation to that bridge.

Just copy & paste the following into google maps and select Streetview:

+29.903423 -90.117416

If you put the coordinates from the accident report into google maps, you can have a good look around the accident scene in relation to that bridge.

+29.903423 -90.117416

Thanks !! I believe that the clue about the bridge as a hiding spot might have been a great hunch to follow up on. Who knows maybe SF ran into a party in progress there or someone using it for a place to sleep?

I have seen worse. I remember this young girl and her friends crashed a car coming home from a party and the car was pretty much scrap in a ball.of metal. 2 teen where ejected from the car the other 3 were crushed by the impact of the flipping and rail wall. Four ,died except one who is in wheel chair today with brain injuries, nothing to severe ,She can talk

Speeding was the reason why it happened. She was very lucky.. I think the brother is very lucky as well, he wasn't killed on impact.

This accident happened primarily because of the LOCATION, the spot is called the "dead man's curve".

The bridge looks like the one near the overhead pipe. And no, there wouldn't be a party going on there.

I do believe he might have walked part of the way up the side of the levee to keep an eye out, and to get off the road. I've said that before. It's what I would've done, myself. To go over the backside would put him in the middle of the road or in the paved ditch ( part of our new flood protection plan), which probably had water in it at the time.

The bridge looks like the one near the overhead pipe. And no, there wouldn't be a party going on there.

I do believe he might have walked part of the way up the side of the levee to keep an eye out, and to get off the road. I've said that before. It's what I would've done, myself. To go over the backside would put him in the middle of the road or in the paved ditch ( part of our new flood protection plan), which probably had water in it at the time.

bbm.....there goes the myth ....NOLA=24/7 party...seriously thanks for your input. Not knowing much about the area was thinking that might be a ''hangout'' for kids, street people etc.

I feel so bad for this family, they are trying so hard to find him and it seems like nobody who was there that night is willing to even talk to them. I don't know what happened, but it just seems like something is being covered up.

I just watched a youtube video Brett made. He says that after watching video, there was approximately 11 cars, including a maroon PT Cruiser. Obviously, there was no sighting a person on the video, but I wonder if there was any police car that was on the video. It could have easily been assumed that was the one that showed up to help. Am I allowed to link it? If not, I apologize and please remove the video:
Shane fell info - YouTube

+29.903423 -90.117416

Wow! These coordinates were very helpful. Unless he climbed a barbed wire fence, it looks like the easiest way out of the accident scene would be moving towards the bridge.

I have some questions about Shane's cell phone, which I feel are very important to this case. In fact could those with any information write down all they know about Shane's cell phone with a reply to this message? Is it known for instance other than the exchanges between Shane and Brett, how many messages were on it and Shane's conversations with ANYONE leading up to that day and night?

I would also be interested, I hope I am not getting too personal here, but is there a general consensus from the Fell family as in what happened to Shane? What about the other people with whom Shane and Brett were with that night? What do they think happened to Shane?

Satch

Does anyone have the accident/crash report (not the 911 transcript)? I seem to remember it being posted somewhere in the thread but now I can't find it.

I don't think we have a digital copy of the crash report...But the state trooper has shane driving at a fast pace and flipping several times...also in the report it said Shane wasn't wearing a seat belt.....Shane never drove fast even on the interstate and ALWAY WORE HIS BELT.....The problem was it is a State hwy.and LSP handled the traffic part of the wreck...and all he wanted to do was to find Shane and ARREST HIM......

How would they know if he wore his seat belt or not?

IMO, that car didn't flip "several times" ... the hood was barely scratched and the roof was not caved in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member