Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.07.17 - Day 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
When DM was arrested for TB's murder, does anyone remember how long before the house on Maplegate was sold? So when LE started searching into the LB case, that house would have had access by anyone/everyone - that's after close to a year. Curious as to who emptied the contents of the house before it was sold? and where it went to? I gather MB since she was PofA. I also wonder if DM gave his mom specific instruction prior to sale....or one of his loyal friends who visited him in jail. So many questions!

At the time of TB's murder and the subsequent searches of the various properties, the LB murder had been almost a year earlier. There was a lot of traffic in that house in that time period. If the replaced mattress comes into play here, it's unlikely that they would have found any useful DNA anyway. LB was known to have been in the house in the past so any actual DNA from her, that was not blood obviously, could be explained away.

MOO

Does anyone recall when DM bought the trailer? Did he own it when Laura went missing? This from day 8 of TB Trial:

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
On wood paneling on wall inside trailer, see a drip that turned green after being sprayed with blood detecting chemical LMG. #Bosma

Sent to CFS to be compared to other unsolved cases and examined for DNA.

When DM was arrested for TB's murder, does anyone remember how long before the house on Maplegate was sold? So when LE started searching into the LB case, that house would have had access by anyone/everyone - that's after close to a year. Curious as to who emptied the contents of the house before it was sold? and where it went to? I gather MB since she was PofA. I also wonder if DM gave his mom specific instruction prior to sale....or one of his loyal friends who visited him in jail. So many questions!

Addition to my post:

The house sold July 4, 2013.

Toronto Star article by Liam Casey, July 19th, 2013
When the Star visited the home, which backs onto a golf course, in May following a police investigation, it was a mess, with clothing, documents and cans of soup strewn throughout. The only thing moving was a black cat.

Does anyone recall when DM bought the trailer? Did he own it when Laura went missing? This from day 8 of TB Trial:

On wood paneling on wall inside trailer, see a drip that turned green after being sprayed with blood detecting chemical LMG. #Bosma

Sent to CFS to be compared to other unsolved cases and examined for DNA.

SS built and customized that trailer for DM and they took it to Baja in 2011. So yes, DM had that trailer in July 2012.

Laura Babcock murder trial: Former detective tells jury what was found on seized electronic devices

A retired OPP officer, described by the judge at the Laura Babcock murder as "undoubtedly the most substantial witness of the trial," began testifying on Tuesday afternoon in Ontario Superior Court in Toronto.

"This is a big, long, complex body of evidence," Justice Michael Code warned the jury. "He'll be on the stand for a couple of days."

[...]

Earlier in the day, photos of Millard's expansive Etobicoke, Ont., home were shown in court.

Det. Const. Andrew Ottay of Hamilton police started the day in the witness box, showing pictures he took at Millard's house at 5 Maple Gate Court.

When cross-examined by Millard, Ottay was terse, and gave short answers whenever possible. For large chunks of his cross-examination, he would not look at the accused killer.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/laura-babcock-murder-trial-tuesday-1.4388547

Thanks to everyone who jumped in with the tweets today. I was able to catch up on the trial pretty quickly. I just read that Adam Carter is coming back for a few days. I should be around to help with the tweets tomorrow but I'd better get my fingers nimble. We're about to get some real information!!

:happydance:

I’m looking forward to Adam’s return too! I’ll be available until 3pm to help tomorrow as well [emoji3]

My thoughts on the mattress are that something in texts will explain his rush to get a new bed so fast.

Like it's been explained by the officer who took photos of the house, there were many bedrooms and presumably (my thinking), many other places to sleep in the house if DM had to wait 3 days for his new mattress.

So what was his rush? Was it his bed that the mattress was for and he needed quick turn around time so as to not raise any questions with CN or someone else about where his mattress went? By the sounds of what the Sleep Country employee said today, DM had only bought his bed two years prior. That isn't a normally mattress replacement timeframe, IMO.

Will this end up like SS ordering a windshield removal tool a day or so after Tim went missing? Sure it could be a normal purchase but it is all about when that purchase was made and why was it made with urgency.

Sorry if this is jumbled. It is all my own thoughts.

Adding to my last post, did DM buy just a mattress and not a box spring with it? Say he bought just the mattress, was the king sized bed in his house one that requires a box spring?

Also, it seemed, IMO like this mattress purchase was urgent and very last minute. Seems bizarre. He had no mattress to give to the mattress pickup service that Sleep Country has and his urgent mattress purchase was made the first day that no one had heard from LB.

Too many wierd things surrounding that purchase.

Or maybe it was an offer for services ????

That eye thing was a long running theme with MWJ. I think it was Abros book that detailed this. It comes up in his tattoos too. Maybe DM was an admirer.

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 50s50 seconds ago
More
Dining room has stone fireplace across one wall. Yellow toolbox on floor in front of it. #Millard.
I thought we would hear something about this yellow toolbox.

So, there was more than one? Because the one from the TB trial was foung at MS house, IIRC.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Ok, so I have been in the Maplegate house a long time ago. My best friend lived next door and her parents and the Millard's were friends. I was hanging out around Christmas one time and Mr. Millard arrived at the door and invited everybody over for some Christmas Cheer. My friend and I went along.

From what I recall, the house was lovely. Very classy, classic, expensive furnishings and spotless. I don't recall seeing anyone other than Mr. Millard.

DMs parents split when he was quite young. The house would have had a lot of time to deteriorate since Rabbit left it. Also, these photos were taken more than six months after Wayne was gone. That's six months of partying and juvenile behaviour.

I would guess that part about the photo being inappropriate was added by the reporter (probably in error) and not said in court. I can't imagine the judge letting the Crown say that - if they did - DM will have a reasonable case to appeal and get a re-trial for the reasons you said if the judge didn't want it included in court.

Apparently the Crown reminded the judge in front of the jury the photo was deemed inappropriate. It would have been mentioned in front of the jurors because they were viewing pages of evidence many with images, and this one pertained to DM's Steam account.

DM would not have grounds for re-trial or mistrial as he would have been the one who fought to keep that photo out of evidence during the PH...(which I explained in my previous comment). The Crown has ever right to make mention as the jurors would have been viewing a blurred out image along with other pertinent information in relation to his Steam account such as his user name. HTH and MOO.

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 5h5 hours ago
One computer that appears to be associated with Dellen Millard opens to load gaming software, and a photo of a sailboat.

The online gaming community and software was "Steam;" user account on Millard's computer was "Dir3n33d," Falconer is describing his process

We can't see the image of #Millard that was there, as crown reminds judge, that photo was deemed inappropriate for jury to see.

Visualize this: This is what the jurors are seeing in their 350 page handout...their visual aids to see what was seized on the computers. They have printouts also showing AM's Steam gaming account and his Facebook account showing his user name as "Stealthmissions." Again HTH and MOO.

The basement computer had Andrew Michelski's Facebook account and his gaming account. #Millard

Andrew Michelski's Facebook account username was "Stealthmissions."

I am not a "gamer" so I have no idea what a person's "Steam" account page looks like, but I found this image on the www. Is this generally what a gamer's page looks like, layout? So DM's image would have been blurred out, BUT the information on the right is what the jurors would have access to view in the hand out. Crown wants the jurors to see DM's user name and other information taken from the computers, BUT DM did not want them to see image...it was a compromise so it seems. ;) Dumb dumb DM...it was a no win situation for him. MOO.
eyedm.jpg

Considering the amount of electronic information recovered for all three cases was at one time deemed as the largest amount ever in a case in Ontario, you'd think a tech savvy judge would have been a more appropriate assignment here. At least I hope his efforts to simplify things for himself is helpful to any jury members who also may not be tech savvy.

MOO

My opinion is that the Judge is not asking these technical questions for his own consumption. There are lots of courses he could take if he wanted to learn, and Justice Michael Code will be fully aware that a courtroom is not a classroom for the judiciary. Wouldn't surprise me that he knows the answers to every technical question he has asked, after all, he is a lawyer.

Him "feigning ignorance" and asking these questions, and getting answers to clarify, ensures that anyone on the jury who is not totally literate in these matters will fully comprehend, and be able to properly digest and make use of the digital forensics evidence in a knowledgeable manner.

IMO, this is for jury consumption. Smart move on Justice Michael Code's part

Apparently the Crown reminded the judge in front of the jury the photo was deemed inappropriate. It would have been mentioned in front of the jurors because they were viewing pages of evidence many with images, and this one pertained to DM's Steam account.

DM would not have grounds for re-trial or mistrial as he would have been the one who fought to keep that photo out of evidence during the PH...(which I explained in my previous comment). The Crown has ever right to make mention as the jurors would have been viewing a blurred out image along with other pertinent information in relation to his Steam account such as his user name. HTH and MOO.

One computer that appears to be associated with Dellen Millard opens to load gaming software, and a photo of a sailboat.

The online gaming community and software was "Steam;" user account on Millard's computer was "Dir3n33d," Falconer is describing his process

We can't see the image of #Millard that was there, as crown reminds judge, that photo was deemed inappropriate for jury to see.

Visualize this: This is what the jurors are seeing in their 350 page handout...their visual aids to see what was seized on the computers. They have printouts also showing AM's Steam gaming account and his Facebook account showing his user name as "Stealthmissions." Again HTH and MOO.

The basement computer had Andrew Michelski's Facebook account and his gaming account. #Millard

Andrew Michelski's Facebook account username was "Stealthmissions."

I am not a "gamer" so I have no idea what a person's "Steam" account page looks like, but I found this image on the www. Is this generally what a gamer's page looks like, layout? So DM's image would have been blurred out, BUT the information on the right is what the jurors would have access to view in the hand out. Crown wants the jurors to see DM's user name and other information taken from the computers, BUT DM did not want them to see image...it was a compromise so it seems. ;) Dumb dumb DM...it was a no win situation for him. MOO.
View attachment 126045

Just seems like something you wouldn't be able to say. I mean - they can't say - 'Well we'd call his father who was living in the home at the time, but as you know judge - we're not allowed to do that' or 'We'd love to ask you foresenic guy why we were searching his house in July when he wasn't arrested for this murder months ago, but as you know judge - we can't do that'.

Obviously I wasn't there and maybe it was said - just find it hard to believe it would be allowed to hint at some inappropriate photo.

That eye thing was a long running theme with MWJ. I think it was Abros book that detailed this. It comes up in his tattoos too. Maybe DM was an admirer.

I read that as an offer for his services.

Adding to my last post, did DM buy just a mattress and not a box spring with it? Say he bought just the mattress, was the king sized bed in his house one that requires a box spring?

Also, it seemed, IMO like this mattress purchase was urgent and very last minute. Seems bizarre. He had no mattress to give to the mattress pickup service that Sleep Country has and his urgent mattress purchase was made the first day that no one had heard from LB.

Too many wierd things surrounding that purchase.

We also have to remember that WM was still alive and living in the home. He may have been out of town at the time of the alleged murder but what if that king sized bed was his? Apparently it didn't take long for DM to move into his bedroom after his death.

MOO

[FONT=&quot]Nov 7 2017 4:46 PM[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Falconer takes us through the backups he found on Millard's computers:

On the first computer:
Dell's iPhone x3
Mark's iPad

On Millard's second computer:
Andrew's iPhone

On Millard's third computer:
Rubix's iPhone

[/FONT]
These guys were awesome in backing up all their texts for LE lol
Not bright

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Status