Laurean in Mexico

Ramos Ramirez said he didn't contact police about his cousin because he believes Laurean is innocent.

"It didn't seem right to contact police," he said. "He is a normal person, with no tendency for doing bad things."

He said police still hadn't contacted him about his cousin late Tuesday, despite the international manhunt.

Officials in Jalisco state, home to Guadalajara, said they hadn't been formally notified of Laurean's warrant.

http://www.tri-cityherald.com/24hour/top/story/3795426p-13338866c.html

My guess is drinking tequila, playing cards, and soaking up the sun with his friends and family. Party time for Cesar! He is free! (Maybe they just need to keep an eye out for huge gatherings where they are shooting guns up in the air and celebrating Cesar outsmarting the FBI, Marines, and American LE.)

If he is smart, he will lie low.

At least until the media moves on.

If CNN keeps finding him, Mexican authorities will HAVE to do something (once negotiations with the U.S. are completed...if this hasn't been done and isn't in place already).

My opinion.

Ramos Ramirez said he didn't contact police about his cousin because he believes Laurean is innocent.

"It didn't seem right to contact police," he said. "He is a normal person, with no tendency for doing bad things."

He said police still hadn't contacted him about his cousin late Tuesday, despite the international manhunt.

Officials in Jalisco state, home to Guadalajara, said they hadn't been formally notified of Laurean's warrant.

http://www.tri-cityherald.com/24hour/top/story/3795426p-13338866c.html

And THIS is how got into Mexico with no problem, acquired a new identity with no problem and is "vacationing" in Mexico with some buddies without any interference from Mexican LE. I have debated this issue of general "distrust" of US Law Enforcement with Hispanic friends and they tell me that many citizens of Mexico have little or no respect for what they consider "Gringo Law" - they are suspicious of our motives and feel Hispanics are persecuted and accused of crimes without evidence, provocation or reason.

CL may not have been "close" to his family in Mexico before, but I can assure you, they are rallying around him now. In their eyes, CL is being accused only because he is Hispanic (and a naturalized citizen) and Maria was not. With the tensions between Mexico and the US on the immigration issue and the building of "The Fence" on the border - the average Mexican citizen is easily convinced that the US "has it in" for every Mexican. CL told his family he is innocent and they believe him. They aren't watching CNN and Nancy and Greta and reading newspapers and getting on the internet participating in online forums like we are and thus, are far more "open" to believing whatever BS CL is selling - like an evil conspiracy by the US to convict him for a crime he didn't commit.

If you have any Hispanic friends or co-workers ask 'em - they will tell you in a heartbeat that not only does LE in Mexico not feel any urgency to arrest CL for us, but that CL's friends and family ARE supporting him and his supporters have a great deal of influence (right or wrong) on local LE and the rest of the community. It doesn't matter what documents we (the US) may have sent to MExico - in Mexico, LE sees and hears only what it wishes to see and hear (or what it is PAID to see and hear).

Right now Mexican LE is "not seeing" any warrants to arrest , and they are also "not seeing" himself.

My Opinion

If he thinks things are heating-up, do you think he will head south out of Mexico?

And THIS is how got into Mexico with no problem, acquired a new identity with no problem and is "vacationing" in Mexico with some buddies without any interference from Mexican LE. I have debated this issue of general "distrust" of US Law Enforcement with Hispanic friends and they tell me that many citizens of Mexico have little or no respect for what they consider "Gringo Law" - they are suspicious of our motives and feel Hispanics are persecuted and accused of crimes without evidence, provocation or reason.

CL may not have been "close" to his family in Mexico before, but I can assure you, they are rallying around him now. In their eyes, CL is being accused only because he is Hispanic (and a naturalized citizen) and Maria was not. With the tensions between Mexico and the US on the immigration issue and the building of "The Fence" on the border - the average Mexican citizen is easily convinced that the US "has it in" for every Mexican. CL told his family he is innocent and they believe him. They aren't watching CNN and Nancy and Greta and reading newspapers and getting on the internet participating in online forums like we are and thus, are far more "open" to believing whatever BS CL is selling - like an evil conspiracy by the US to convict him for a crime he didn't commit.

If you have any Hispanic friends or co-workers ask 'em - they will tell you in a heartbeat that not only does LE in Mexico not feel any urgency to arrest CL for us, but that CL's friends and family ARE supporting him and his supporters have a great deal of influence (right or wrong) on local LE and the rest of the community. It doesn't matter what documents we (the US) may have sent to MExico - in Mexico, LE sees and hears only what it wishes to see and hear (or what it is PAID to see and hear).

Right now Mexican LE is "not seeing" any warrants to arrest , and they are also "not seeing" himself.

My Opinion

I agree.

BUT, I think Mexican LE will have to do something when negotiations and paperwork are complete AND CNN keeps finding him. Or when a relative wanting to collect the reward money turns CL in.

If CL is thrown in LE's face and there is a warrant out for him, they will pick him up.

I don't know how hard LE will investigate to find CL. But, in my opinion, he isn't safe. Not with media attention and a reward on his head.

In my opinion.

I'm hoping he will get complacent enough to pop back into the U.S. just to see if he can.

Boy, wouldn't THAT be something.

Remember, they ALWAYS return to the scene of the crime.

Plus, he has a wife and child here in the States.

(Crossing Fingers).

I just don't understand why CL is being so cavalier about where he goes and who sees him. He is either an idiot, wants to get caught or feels invincible.

He just outsmarted the FBI, the Marines, and American LE agencies...Of course, he feels invincible!! (And might I add...untouchable...now that he is in his homeland of Mexico!)

Not only does he appear untouchable, to this day LE doesn't seem to be doing a thing about finding him and bringing him back. I would have been down in guadalajara the day he left and at all the border points too. But not these keystone cops. They still haven't sent anyone down there that we know of. I was hoping they were doing something behind the scenes but it sure doesnt appear so from what the CNN guy said. Even he looked incredulous. I don't think Cesar has much to worry about with this crew looking for him.

I hope his family makes him nice and comfortable and off-guard before they turn him in for cash. Are they waiting for the reward to go higher?

Moved from another thread........

I recall reading that a North Carolina official (the local DA??) had sent a letter asking Mexican authorities for assistance in apprehending the criminal Laurean. But the Mexican authorities can not act to extradite a criminal who has broken the law in the US without an "official request for help from the US". So the question is: Why has the US not asked Mexican authorities to arrest Laurean?

Why indeed! We in the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia have had this question repeatedly rubbed in our noses ............... It seeems to be a one-way street w/Mexico ....... It was only because his family spent years (and who knows how much money) that the man who shot CHP officer David March w/kill shot to the head after shooting him in the chest at a routine traffic stop, was finally extradited back to us.

There seems to be some kind of unholy alliance between some US officials and Mexico. Not saying it's a $$$$$ alliance, but what else would make former New Yorker, now LAPD chief bratton say of "sanctuary city status" (among other things, LE cannot ask citizenship status until a suspect has been "charged") -- where was I oh yes -- Chief Bratton said of Los Angeles residents who dont like his policies .... "If they don't like it, they can leave the state." ....... Right! He's an unelected carpetbagger from NY telling native californians to put up or shut up!

" ...... Los Angeles Police Department Chief William “Bill” Bratton took the coward’s way out by failing to show up at a May 8 tribute in Santa Clarita, CA. to honor murdered police officer Deputy David March.
March was killed in the line of duty two years ago, by Armando Garcia, a thrice-deported illegal alien now living in Mexico."
http://www.vdare.com/guzzardi/murder_lobby.htm

"We the People" are turning into We the Powerless!
But we did EVENTUALLY get armando garcia back:
http://www.usmarshals.gov/news/chron/2007/010907.htm

I can only pray it doesnt take 4 years to get Laurean back!
Now, AG's here for the rest of his life.....:behindbar

Sorry if my posts were coming off as being prejudiced. I am angry that the Mexican authorities haven't been notified, angry that the Death Penalty is now off the table for such a horrific crime, and angry that we seem to be dealing with a country that flaunts it in our face daily that our laws mean nothing to them...but we have to abide strictly by their laws!

I feel sorry for Maria's family because they will never have true justice in this case. It isn't right!!

Is my anger misplaced?! Maybe. This case raises the awareness of how easy it is for someone in Cesar's position to jump and run...avoiding the punishment he deserves. I didn't realize before now this was an issue. It certainly has opened my eyes and I don't like what I see.

Sorry if my posts were coming off as being prejudiced. I am angry that the Mexican authorities haven't been notified, angry that the Death Penalty is now off the table for such a horrific crime, and angry that we seem to be dealing with a country that flaunts it in our face daily that our laws mean nothing to them...but we have to abide strictly by their laws!

I feel sorry for Maria's family because they will never have true justice in this case. It isn't right!!

Is my anger misplaced?! Maybe. This case raises the awareness of how easy it is for someone in Cesar's position to jump and run...avoiding the punishment he deserves. I didn't realize before now this was an issue. It certainly has opened my eyes and I don't like what I see.

SS, you are so right. We now know how the next wave of terrorists will operate and CL has set the standard.

I don't think anyone made any unkind remarks. This is one of the most caring groups of people I've encountered. I try to quietly steer the conversation back to the legal way of doing things in any forum where any kind of vigilante justice is suggested. Plus, I'm not convinced that Mexico is the country which has dropped the ball in this case. CL seemed to take his sweet time slipping through the fingers of Marine and American Law enforcement.

There is an AP article entitled "3200 Marines Prepare for Afghan Tour". (If you google that phrase, hundreds of reliable news sources come up).

It states that "The proposal went to (Defense Secretary Robert) Gates on Friday (JAN 11)... The military began notifying Marines and their families over the weekend... 2200 members...based at Camp Lejeune, NC will go to Afghanistan"

Hmmmm...Jan 11th...the same day CL reported for work and then disappeared... the same day Christina was called back into active duty... the same day Sheriff Brown called the fugitive search "Earthwide"?

I wonder if all his bar-b-q buddies are shipping out and unable to speak to law enforcement?

I'm sorry if this has been answered, I've been away the last couple days sick, and there are soooo many threads to read =)

Anyways, I just found out that he was seen in Mexico and his cousin contacted LE -

Now if he's found there, or even since they have a "tip" that COULD lead to his arrest - Is his cousin entitled to that money?

Reason I ask, is if that money is paid out, Couldn't the cousin give that to him (CL) to keep "running"?

I don't know how the whole "reward" thing works - so this may not even be applicable - I apologize in advance if it doesn't.....

Also, how long will LE keep Christina under scrutiny? Is there usually a timeframe that goes by, or could it be indefinitely since there's no limitation for murder? my reason for asking is, what's to stop her from hightailing it down there and crossing at some unknown "checkpoint" area or what not..and then the two of them plus their child go on their merry way?

The cousin would only get the money if LE captures him and either returns him to the US or gets him in the US due to the cousins info on where he is at any given time. The cousin will not get money just for spotting him but info that leads to his arrest.

Hi Jinxie, I hope you're feeling better!

I would expect that Laurean would have to be arrested, in custody, and hopefully returned to the US before any monies were paid out.

Also, the cousin told the CNN reporter that NO Law enforcement had even been to see him, and the reported also interviewed Mexican Federal authorities who stated that the US has not asked them to search for or arrest the suspect. Something fishy going on, in my opinion.

Well then I will put my blame soley on Christina! She had the whole day before and throughout the night and the next morning to call and turn him in and she didn't & now he is gone. Somehow someway someday they will all pay for what they did to Maria and the baby & for that they should be paranoid. Christina has a child herself she should be very concerned.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back