LeAnna (Mom) #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
“I have been asked by Lawrence Zimmerman to meet with him and Ms. Harris,” Lin Wood confirmed via email.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local-...a-harris-to-meet-with-defamation-attor/nghNb/
"Now Harris — whose son died June 18 after being locked in a hot car for seven hours — wants to meet with Jewell’s former lawyer, Lin Wood."

She wants to meet with him. -

http://m.ajc.com/news/news/local-go...a-harris-to-meet-with-defamation-attor/nghNb/ All posts are MOO.

Again, where's the defamation they're gonna be addressing? Don't they realise that this kind of shot over the bows just makes LH more of a media target rather than less?
The way that was worded , I believe Wood agrees.

All posts are MOO.

“I have been asked by Lawrence Zimmerman to meet with him and Ms. Harris,” Wood confirmed via email

I could understand it if she were actually being doorstepped and mobbed by bunches of overzealous paparazzi but there is no indication anywhere I've seen on tv or news articles that anything like that is happening or has happened. The only times I've seen the media there in droves has been at public events - the funeral and the PCH. Maybe that's the point, they're trying to bait the press into upping the intrusive factor, they want some aggressive reporter in her face action so then they can point to how she's being harassed and victimised.

Ironically, iirc, JRHs insurance agent is also his landlord. Thus, contacting this person re: insurance or his condo's lease is a reasonable and prudent phone call to make. Only it is not proper when your own son's CPR efforts are being performed by a stranger.

From a June 20th article, the landlord:

Everything was going right for this couple,” said Joe Saini, who rents the family their condo on Wynnes Ridge Circle in Marietta. He said the family was actively shopping for a house. “They wanted to buy a house so they could have some space for their child to run around the backyard.”

Saini said Harris had been excited recently about a promotion and pay raise and was planning with his wife to begin house-hunting in East Cobb.

Saini, the landlord, said he last spoke with Harris on Sunday, and that Harris, who goes by the name Ross, was happily looking toward the future. He was anticipating a promotion and raise at Home Depot, which would enable Harris to buy a house in a nice neighborhood. Harris and his wife were already scouting out houses on the Internet, favoring the East Cobb area because of its good schools. They expected to start visiting them in a few weeks.

Saini said the Harrises were perfect tenants. When the air-conditioner recently broke down, Harris didn’t get angry about it. Most often, they paid their rent one day early. He said Cooper’s room was filled with toys.

Even when Harris was arrested Wednesday, he made sure to have a family member call the landlord to tell him what happened.

Saini said it is absurd to even consider that Harris would hurt his child.

“We know him. He’s not that kind of character,” he said.

He called the charges “cruel and unusual punishment.”

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...tes-statements-interviews-testimony-and-video

The landlord:

Everything was going right for this couple,” said Joe Saini, who rents the family their condo on Wynnes Ridge Circle in Marietta. He said the family was actively shopping for a house. “They wanted to buy a house so they could have some space for their child to run around the backyard.”

Saini said Harris had been excited recently about a promotion and pay raise and was planning with his wife to begin house-hunting in East Cobb.

Saini, the landlord, said he last spoke with Harris on Sunday, and that Harris, who goes by the name Ross, was happily looking toward the future. He was anticipating a promotion and raise at Home Depot, which would enable Harris to buy a house in a nice neighborhood. Harris and his wife were already scouting out houses on the Internet, favoring the East Cobb area because of its good schools. They expected to start visiting them in a few weeks.

Saini said the Harrises were perfect tenants. When the air-conditioner recently broke down, Harris didn’t get angry about it. Most often, they paid their rent one day early. He said Cooper’s room was filled with toys.

Even when Harris was arrested Wednesday, he made sure to have a family member call the landlord to tell him what happened.

Saini said it is absurd to even consider that Harris would hurt his child.

“We know him. He’s not that kind of character,” he said.

He called the charges “cruel and unusual punishment.”

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...tes-statements-interviews-testimony-and-video
I cannot believe how many people he had snowed!
I am dumbfounded. Not one person has had ANYTHING negative to say about him and he is such a cheezer IMO...
He must be really be very scary behind closed doors.

All posts are MOO.

I don't know if this has been said before, if so, I missed it. I think Ross had left Cooper in the car before. That may be why they both did the research on the subject. Maybe Mom feared health problems (slept with them for two nights before the last "accident"). Maybe he or she or both thought this was the answer for the damage already caused. That is the only reason I can think she knew right away that Ross left him in the car.

ETA: Since posting I saw a post by Inthedetails - and I agree.

Looks like headstones are allowed:

grave.jpg

Unattended_Child-Death.JPEG1.JPG

Flowers cover the grave at the funeral of Cooper Harris at the Tuscaloosa Memorial Park Cemetery on Saturday, June 28, 2014, in Tuscaloosa, Ala.

I don't know if this has been said before, if so, I missed it. I think Ross had left Cooper in the car before. That may be why they both did the research on the subject. Maybe Mom feared health problems (slept with them for two nights before the last "accident"). Maybe he or she or both thought this was the answer for the damage already caused. That is the only reason I can think she knew right away that Ross left him in the car.

I believe that one or both of them HAD left him in the car before as well.

Cooper is who JRH is referencing in the text when he uses the words "my buddy". The myth is that JRH said "my little buddy". The remark has been likened to the "My Buddy" doll who scared the beeswax out of me because I thought he looked like Chuckie...from the movies.

my+buddy+4.jpg
chuckie.jpg

:eek: Thank God I went to sleep before you posted this! :scared:

One quick observation; if Leanna is not complicit and if that one minute phone call with Ross around 4:00 was just to confirm that she was in fact picking Cooper up and then she subsequently finds out less than an hour later that Ross never dropped him off I can see confusion on her part. If, in addition, her biggest fear *was* that Cooper would be left in a hot car (regardless of why) and she knew that there were no safeguards in place to keep it from happening then I can also understand her jumping to that conclusion *especially if Ross has done it before*. Any other explanations offered by the staff that require that Ross has purposely kept Cooper out of daycare (to take him to lunch for instance) would make no sense to her given that he has specifically requested that she pick him up less than an hour before (if he in fact did). Of course the other explanation for her behavior at daycare is that she is complicit in some way (even if that is only in knowing that Ross was capable of doing it intentionally) and she was actively in CYA mode.

Personally it is my opinion that she is at least guilty of allowing her child to be endangered by inaction if nothing else (though I also suspect a more active role too).

Does anyone know exactly what was said in the tabloids that would legally be determined to be defamation in re:Leanna? I have not purchased them to find out, and have looked back through this thread. Maybe I missed it. Tabloids are tabloids it seems to me. They make money on tantalizing speculation. Often they are correct, but they are what they are lol. I think a lawsuit would be an uphill battle for her. Best to lay low or else fully cooperate with investigation, as I see it. JMO

Does anyone know exactly what was said in the tabloids that would legally be determined to be defamation in re:Leanna? I have not purchased them to find out, and have looked back through this thread. Maybe I missed it. Tabloids are tabloids it seems to me. They make money on tantalizing speculation. Often they are correct, but they are what they are lol. I think a lawsuit would be an uphill battle for her. Best to lay low or else fully cooperate with investigation, as I see it. JMO

I really don't think there have been any articles that have a case for defamation. I think the tabloids know what they are doing, and although they have crossed the line before, I do not think it has happened here. This case is only about a month old, and the tabloids come out every week, so how many articles could they have written at this point?

Lin Wood has to know that the tabloids' treatment of this case (so far) is nothing compared to what they were writing about JonBenet's case.

AND she stated at the funeral what a great dad RH would be to any future children they may have...is the world not broken enough to consider not bringing another child into it, just broken enough not to bring CH back?!?

Good catch.

~snipped

After the claps slowed, the man said: 'Hey Ross that sounded pretty good.'
To which Ross responded: 'Yes it did.'
Leanna's father Dock Taylor spoke of Cooper as a 'wonderful little man'.
'He lived full for 22-months of his life.
'His family loved and adored and worshipped him and we will for the rest of our days.'
He added that 'nobody in this world' loved him more than Ross and Leanna.
He said Harris called him his 'handsome little buddy'.
Harris could be heard crying over the phone as Mr Taylor spoke and the religious service progressed.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-car-deaths-online-occurs.html#ixzz37pNiFRRz

Justin Ross Harris did not ask about his "little buddy". This is an internet myth. Let's not perpetrate the myth.

His attorney, Maddox Kilgore, said Harris texted his wife at 3:16 p.m. that day and said, "When are you going to get my buddy?" Police said they saw no texts between Harris and his wife that day.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2014/07/justin_ross_harris_hearing_bri.html

◾On June 18, day Cooper died, Ross had texted his wife, “When are you going to get my buddy?”

http://atlantadailyworld.com/2014/0...lanta-father-leaving-child-to-die-in-hot-car/

That discrepancy has always caught my attention. Did he #1 Not make the text claimed (unlikely as that will come out) #2 Did he use another phone than the one that LE has (most philanderers have a secret phone IMHO) #3 Did he delete with one click the ENIRE Leanna thread of texts on his phone (I can do on my droid, assume you can do such on an iphone). Stoddard only had the phone at this time and not records, yet he stated last text was in May so perhaps he deleted most/not all? These the only 3 reasons that I can think of why the discrepancy. Any other ideas?

Maybe LH didn't have her phone with her. Maybe she left it somewhere and someone else picked up at 4ish when her phone rang. It happens all the time where I work, coworkers leave their phones behind everywhere, restrooms, other offices, lunchroom, etc...

It's possible IF Leanna had coworkers and a job outside the home (and had extremely nosey coworkers, because I can't even IMAGINE any of my coworkers picking up someone else's private cellphone). However, we know none of that is true. LH didn't work outside of the home and therefore did not have coworkers. We have heard no other name mentioned who could have intercepted that call and TALK FOR 60 full seconds other than Leanna.

So, assuming it was LH there is no logical reason why LH went to the daycare OR why RH would not know by then that LH didn't have Cooper.

None. There is something really fishy about that one minute phone call that occurred between their two phones. 60 seconds is a LONG time in terms of speaking. If someone else picked up the phone A) I'm pretty darn sure the press would have interviewed them by now or exposed their name and B) it wouldn't take a full 60 seconds to say LH isn't here...

That one 60 phone call at 4:04 is the crux of this case for me.

IF they both spoke to one another for a full 60 seconds at 4:04 then there is NO logigcal reason why EITHER would have carried out any of the subsequent behaviors.

None. At least none that my brain can wrap around.

Not sure if I'm following some posts that are seeming to reference the possibility of TJ being the "buddy" she's to pick up. When RH messages LH abt 3:15ish asking what time she's picking up his "buddy" - I'm thinking that's possibly just for just iphone proof (he thinks) to show he 'didn't know' (ie. forgot) Cooper was in his car.

Don't think TJ is involved in this whole scenario in any other way (other than possibly LH wanting him to accompany her to Treehouse for her own reasons). Either she asked him to go with her, or someone else suggested it there in the lobby to show support for her emotionally (it's not crystal clear how this actually transpired quite yet--how many people were actually talking or suggesting things in the confusion). If LH was involved in Cooper's death, she may have wanted him to come along so as to gain another 'witness' for her as to how dumbfounded or confused she was about where Cooper might be...and that she's going to Ross's place of business b/c she can't get hold of him by phone.

And of course, if she's not involved in his death, it might just actually be for moral support. Just more details we won't know for sure right now.

I am following you on that. I hear you.

Yesterday I posted that no one can confirm that Cooper = Buddy

If one were to believe this is a case of collaboration and CYA then it holds water to argue that Buddy is code and TJ (the daycare worker who teavelled to the crime scene with LH) may be an unwitting planned alibi/witness.

I'm not suggesting that is the case - I'm only showing that possibility given that presumption of collaboration.

One quick observation; if Leanna is not complicit and if that one minute phone call with Ross around 4:00 was just to confirm that she was in fact picking Cooper up and then she subsequently finds out less than an hour later that Ross never dropped him off I can see confusion on her part. If, in addition, her biggest fear *was* that Cooper would be left in a hot car (regardless of why) and she knew that there were no safeguards in place to keep it from happening then I can also understand her jumping to that conclusion *especially if Ross has done it before*. Any other explanations offered by the staff that require that Ross has purposely kept Cooper out of daycare (to take him to lunch for instance) would make no sense to her given that he has specifically requested that she pick him up less than an hour before (if he in fact did). Of course the other explanation for her behavior at daycare is that she is complicit in some way (even if that is only in knowing that Ross was capable of doing it intentionally) and she was actively in CYA mode.

Personally it is my opinion that she is at least guilty of allowing her child to be endangered by inaction if nothing else (though I also suspect a more active role too).

But think about what you're saying.....

*IF* that one minute phone call between LH and RH at 4:01 WAS in fact a confirmation about Cooper's pickup schedule -- then instead of standing by her man at the funeral, she would have immediately turned him into the police because she would have realized he LIED to her on that call about who had Cooper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CelionYerkash