LeRoy Parents Want Answers about Tourette-Like Symptoms of 12 Female Students

The school says it's not vaccine related. Although of course they wouldn't explain what it is related to.

How scary! I wonder if the warm winter weather/lack of snow has anything to do with it? Seems like a mold, toxin, or spore/parasite. Their nervous systems are clearly giving them heck.

I wonder if they have cross checked all the personal products these young women use-- my hunch is something is contaminated, somewhere. God help them, because officials these days are all about protecting themselves (and others) from lawsuits. moo

eta: And, too close to the Love Canal area for it to escape my notice.

Tourette-like symptoms for LeRoy teens still a mystery for parents

But today we talked with parents of two of the girls and they say they still don't have a clue why this is happening.

................. snip .....................

One diagnosis: Conversion Disorder

One doctor told Miller that her daughter could have something called conversion disorder. It's a neurological problem brought on by stress, just like the tics.

"But it's very rare and why isn't it happening in other schools? Why is it just focused on LeRoy?" Miller asked.

"Even if that's what it was, it does not tell us the cause of it," Dupont said. "You could call it anything you want, but what caused it?"

And Conversion Disorder symptoms include blindness, inability to speak, numbness and paralysis.

That's not what these girls in LeRoy are suffering from.

more at link ................... http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S2451060.shtml?cat=565

Tourette-like symptoms for LeRoy teens still a mystery for parents

But today we talked with parents of two of the girls and they say they still don't have a clue why this is happening.

................. snip .....................

One diagnosis: Conversion Disorder

One doctor told Miller that her daughter could have something called conversion disorder. It's a neurological problem brought on by stress, just like the tics.

"But it's very rare and why isn't it happening in other schools? Why is it just focused on LeRoy?" Miller asked.

"Even if that's what it was, it does not tell us the cause of it," Dupont said. "You could call it anything you want, but what caused it?"

And Conversion Disorder symptoms include blindness, inability to speak, numbness and paralysis.

That's not what these girls in LeRoy are suffering from.

more at link ................... http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S2451060.shtml?cat=565

I am thinking along the lines of conversion disorder, which is another name for Hysteria.
However, without seeing these girls my feelings on the matter are worthless.
A lot of parents will not want their child to have a psychiatric diagnosis

This is beginning to sound like Salem.

That's exactly what I was reminded of. I remember reading a long time ago of a theory that the Salem girls were affected by some kind of mold or bacteria in the grain they were eating. Not sure if that has been debunked or not, but I wonder, like others, if a sort of contamination like that is going on with something.

Someone mentioned vaccines, and one that mostly just girls receive is the gardasil vax, as mentioned. I am very pro-vax, and my own daughter has had the shots, but I wonder if all these girls have the same pediatrician, and maybe there was a "tainted" batch of vaccine sent to that medical office? Sort of like how they'll recall a batch of drugs or food because of possible contamination?

Or yes, could be just a manifestation of psychological symptoms, with a sort of group-hysteria component? There's been lots said about how people in groups affect the behavior of others... I wonders if the affected young women are all friends that hang out together, or are they from different crowds??

Weird, scary and intereesting case, for sure!

The contaminated bread theory was, historians think, caused by ergot, which was perhaps capable of rendering LSD-like effects.

That's exactly what I was reminded of. I remember reading a long time ago of a theory that the Salem girls were affected by some kind of mold or bacteria in the grain they were eating. Not sure if that has been debunked or not, but I wonder, like others, if a sort of contamination like that is going on with something.

Someone mentioned vaccines, and one that mostly just girls receive is the gardasil vax, as mentioned. I am very pro-vax, and my own daughter has had the shots, but I wonder if all these girls have the same pediatrician, and maybe there was a "tainted" batch of vaccine sent to that medical office? Sort of like how they'll recall a batch of drugs or food because of possible contamination?

Or yes, could be just a manifestation of psychological symptoms, with a sort of group-hysteria component? There's been lots said about how people in groups affect the behavior of others... I wonders if the affected young women are all friends that hang out together, or are they from different crowds??

Weird, scary and intereesting case, for sure!

(above bbm)
This is totally off topic, but funny enough that I had to share it.

So, we're sitting in church a few months ago, and our pastor (a really nice, educated man) opened up the "floor" to any questions or comments about what he'd just been teaching on. (Truthfully, I can't even remember what the topic was that day, but it wasn't Salem!)

This lady who always sits down front and chews her gum so hard, I wince, anticipating her biting her tongue by accident, and who always gets out and dances up a storm when the worship team starts up (she really is something to see!) raises her hand.

The pastor says, "Yes, K*****?"
K: K says something here about the subject, and then launches into: "You know, not many people know this, but that whole Salem witch trial? Theose girls had been ingesting LSD" (This had NOTHING to do with the sermon, that much, I do remember!)

Then "K" looks around at all of us, nodding her head. You could have heard a pin drop.

In subsequent sermons whenever the pastor has opened up the floor, he's always managed to "miss" K's wildly waving hand.... :D

Yeah I have a little trouble with the whole "conversion theory" explanation. It smacks too much of "we don't know so let's lump it all together and blame it on something else." LOL much like the Salem witch trials.

Me too. All of these students with similar and sever symptoms because of mass hysteria? Hard to believe.

If they're all cheerleaders, does that mean they are all on the same squad and spend a lot of time together? That could mean they were all exposed to the same thing or exposed to each other and "caught" something, or it could mean that they kind of freaked each other out and influenced each other to have nervous symptoms. Interesting.

Is it only happening to the cheerleaders and members of the same social group? I know there could end up being some cause, but 12 from the same group sounds more like faking than any hysteria to me. If not faking, then there must be a cause. Depression, stress, and hysteria is diagnosed way too often when females get sick. Just because they didn't test positive for drugs doesn't mean they didn't try something, maybe as a weight control during the holidays. Some drugs would be out of the system by the time tests were done.

Is it only happening to the cheerleaders and members of the same social group? I know there could end up being some cause, but 12 from the same group sounds more like faking than any hysteria to me. If not faking, then there must be a cause. Depression, stress, and hysteria is diagnosed way too often when females get sick. Just because they didn't test positive for drugs doesn't mean they didn't try something, maybe as a weight control during the holidays. Some drugs would be out of the system by the time tests were done.

Wfgodot's link on post #33 says "12 cheerleaders." Not sure if that is accurate reporting or not, since the article itself does not specify that all 12 affected are cheerleaders, but two of them are close friends. If they are all cheerleaders or part of the same social group, that really makes me think they are either getting each other freaked out or are possibly faking.

I just find it hard to believe it is something only those 12 are exposed to or some kind of environmental toxin that would affect only them. Maybe I am just too mean and cynical... :innocent:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back