Lifestyle Changes During and After COVID 19

I understand how you feel. We have been quarantined for close to two weeks now. First after being exposed, then after testing positive. Thankfully DH is asymptomatic and mine are mild. I miss human contact. DD and family are next door and have been a great help. Im so tired of the isolation.

I understand how you feel. We have been quarantined for close to two weeks now. First after being exposed, then after testing positive. Thankfully DH is asymptomatic and mine are mild. I miss human contact. DD and family are next door and have been a great help. Im so tired of the isolation.
Prayers and blessings for you and your family. Hugs too!

Yeah this day is really hard. For years we lived too far to be with family on the holidays but we moved closer 5 years ago. I thought we can handle this, we did it for years. Nope. Tears keep coming when I don't expect them. My son's family is home sick with Covid. My sister had to close down the family business until next week. My nephew is sick, home alone waiting on test results. My sister is home alone symptom free waiting and praying. Here we are 15 minutes away from all of them but we might as well be 1000 miles away. I just need to touch them! I'm thankful we can talk and text and no one's in the hospital but yeah it hurts doesn't it?

I feel for you....so sorry....yes, it hurts....same here. I'm longing so much for holding my son, my brother...my bff, nobody else is around anymore for a long time now. But I'm also so grateful for everybody and everything that is there, the beauty and love of it all...I hope you and your family will be ok soon.

The lost year: How Covid-19 left many Americans 'stuck in time' (nbcnews.com)

In a way, Covid-19 behaved like a thief, stealing precious time that may be lost forever.

The coronavirus pandemic forced millions of Americans to cancel major life events: weddings and anniversary celebrations, rites of passage and family events, graduation ceremonies and retirement parties.

But the outbreak also thwarted plans that cannot be easily rescheduled for the brighter months of 2021. In a way, Covid-19 behaved like a thief, stealing precious time that may be lost forever.

In recent weeks, NBC News spoke to people across the United States for whom 2020 might be described as a lost year. The pandemic kept them from growing their families, starting careers, visiting elderly loved ones both here and abroad. It deferred their dreams — and potentially reshaped the course of their lives...

My best friend send me this...and I agree....it's her 50th birthday today...and no party...stolen from her...but not really stolen....we will do it over,
another time....
132826741_1644702115712985_6206205928551709494_n.jpg

Americans flocked to buy life insurance, prepare wills and trusts last year (nbcnews.com)

"People were probably feeling invincible, but Covid made people realize that we're all mortal," said the president of a nonprofit raising awareness about life insurance.

More Americans turned their attention to life insurance, wills and trusts last year as the coronavirus pandemic made the reality of death unavoidable.

The number of life insurance applications from people under age 44 increased by more than 7 percent in 2020, according to the MIB Group, a data sharing service for insurance companies, which tracks life insurance applications.

Life insurance applications for the age group had been mostly down over the last several years, so "for that young age group to be up that much is very impressive," said Andrea Caruso, MIB's chief operating officer. "That's a pretty significant climb."

While several factors contributed to the spike, experts pointed to the pandemic and the insurance awareness it brought on...

We ended up buying a much bigger place. We had downsized from our big house several years ago, and got settled in a small apartment, which worked great. Until we were home all of the time. In addition, for some reason, our landlord jacked up everyone's rent, by $500 a month!

We found a perfect place. And moved, just like that. We needed more space, not unlike a lot of families. It was actually the easiest way I have ever purchased a home. The title company lets you pick up the paperwork and sign it at home.

And a new house has given us a lot to do at home. Before, we sort of moped around, we couldn't go travel, or go places. It was quite depressing. The last few months, we have been busy finding a place, packing, moving, decorating...lots of work. And distraction!

I am due to come out of self isolating today. I have to show a negative lateral flow test this morning and record it before I return to work thursday
It really impacted on me being stuck Ill indoors over xmas and new year . I feel quite weak physically and over weight .
Mentally quite upset and annoyed.

I am due to come out of self isolating today. I have to show a negative lateral flow test this morning and record it before I return to work thursday
It really impacted on me being stuck Ill indoors over xmas and new year . I feel quite weak physically and over weight .
So sorry to hear you were sick over the holidays and not quite well yet.

Try this:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVl6ZdslZz2Zj-34bMJFPbg

A little physical activity will help! Start with a 10-minute walk, sit in a chair if that's your fitness level right now.

All the 'Walk Leaders' are encouraging & upbeat.

And, set yourself up for Self-Care Bingo:

e09897e8fc4515b57cccd562dc343307.jpg

image from pinterest.com (I do not approve of all the, er, vocabulary)

Take care of YOU!

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant