WI WI - Melissa Trumpy, 37, going to bf's house, car found abandoned, Monroe, 26 Oct 2021

DEC 29, 2022
... On Tuesday, December 2022, in a hearing before Rock County Circuit Judge Ashley J. Morse, his bond was reduced to $25,000. According to court records, Hammer has already paid $10,000 toward his bond. Conditions of bond include that Hammer has been ordered to have no contact with Trumpy’s family. He also can’t leave Stephenson and Carroll Counties, except to return for his court dates in Green County.

Hammer has an extensive criminal history, including domestic violence and battery. Prison records in Nevada show he was sentenced in 2018 to 35 to 108 months behind bars for battery by strangulation and possession of an explosive device. He was credited with 642 days time served and was granted parole after four months.

A jury trial is scheduled for May 1, 2023. A petition on Change.org to keep Hammer in jail garnered nearly 1,800 signatures. The petition said, in part, “He is a repeat offender in multiple states for bail jumping, fleeing/eluding officers repeater, disorderly conduct repeater, domestic abuse, possession of a firearm as a felon, maintaining a drug trafficking place repeater, party to a crime repeater, possession with intent repeater, Derek is a danger to society. Witness threatening, pulling a gun in front of children, drug use, etc.”

[...]

What in God's name is that Judge thinking? Hammer is going to poof if he makes bail, I can almost guarantee it :mad:

Anyone with any information on the disappearance of Melissa Trumpy is asked to please call the Green County Wisconsin Sheriff’s Office at (608) 328-9400 or the Carroll County Illinois Crime Stoppers at 815-244-STOP (7867).

First I’ve heard of this case. That makes me sad for her. It does seem like her family’s doing everything they can to keep her case alive. Needs more media coverage. MOO

Paywalled; this is all I can view.

His bond was $25k, he had paid $10k as of the end of December, and this headline says he needs $15k. Sounds like he hasn't made any progress. Fingers crossed. MOO

FEB 10, 2023
Bond has been reduced slightly for the boyfriend of a missing Monticello mother on one of the charges against him that are unrelated to her disappearance.

MAR 31 updated APR 1, 2023
In a new effort to find their missing loved ones, the families of Christopher Miller and Melissa Trumpy joined forces at the Wisconsin State Capitol Friday to spread awareness about missing people.

“This has to stop. This has to end. We must do better as a people,” said Chris Miller, Christopher Miller’s father. “I want to see my son again.”

[...]

Meanwhile, Trumpy has been missing since October 26, 2021. She was last seen leaving work and was believed to be headed to her boyfriend’s house.

“I feel that there's a lot more to Melissa's story than what happened to her the night that she disappeared,” said Ben Affrunti, Melissa Trumpy’s former partner.

[...]

“Melissa's case -- I believe that she's fully been victim-blamed because of some of, you know, her lifestyle choices,” Affrunti said. “Melissa deserves to be laid to rest properly. It's been almost a year and a half and she hasn't had a funeral. You know, the kids haven't had an opportunity to say goodbye to her.”

[...]

“The investigation is still ongoing and the law enforcement agencies are treating this as a homicide investigation,” Sheriff Kloepping said in the release.

The Carroll County Sheriff’s Department initiated its investigation into Trumpy’s disappearance Oct. 27, 2021, after Trumpy’s boyfriend, Derek S. Hammer, 36, Shannon, was taken into custody by Carroll County law enforcement regarding outstanding warrants from Green County, Wis.

It is believed Trumpy was visiting Hammer in Shannon around the time of her disappearance. Her unoccupied vehicle was located on Bolton Road in Stephenson County.

Trumpy was 37 years old at the time of her disappearance and was residing in Monticello, Wis. She is 5’10” tall, weighs approximately 160 pounds and has long blonde hair.

There have been numerous ground, air and water searches performed by law enforcement, Melissa’s family and friends and several volunteer groups, the release said.

Paywalled; this is all I can view.

His bond was $25k, he had paid $10k as of the end of December, and this headline says he needs $15k. Sounds like he hasn't made any progress. Fingers crossed. MOO

FEB 10, 2023
Bond has been reduced slightly for the boyfriend of a missing Monticello mother on one of the charges against him that are unrelated to her disappearance.
He’s been sentenced on 5/1…5 years.

OCT 27, 2023
Exactly two years after a Green County woman was reported missing, her three children are pleading for answers.

[...]

Trumpy's children told 27 News, their mom was planning on leaving Hammer.

Her oldest, Dalana Trumpy, said it's unfair that she had to be taken from them.

"I just wish I could hear her voice," she said.

[...]

She explained the small things hurt the most.

"Like Wednesdays I wouldn't want to go to school because she had the day off and I would just act sick," Dalana added.

Trumpy's two younger kids, JA and MA, said holidays with mom were the best.

"We would cook and we would all have music on and the dance," JA said. "We would eat chippies."

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daydreamin
Back