Lisa Irwin Disappearance - Thoughts and Theories ONLY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
they had a kitten, but no dog, is that right?

They have a Black Lab that was outside that night, DB said that it would bark if anybody was making a noise or if it was a stranger etc. The dog did not bark that night.

The whole Stranger came in and stole our baby is BS. One or both know what happened to Lisa.

I honestly don't know what I believe anymore. At times I can see one of the parents being involved. Then, I just can't see them doing it at all. My problem is there's not enough evidence, at least from what we out here in the general public are getting. I'm sure that LE has more to go on than what they are releasing, at least I would hope so.

This video when I saw it yesterday was a game changer for me - it makes me suspect DB had an accomplice. I also suspect that the time of the event may have been after midnight, closer to 2:30 A.M.

About a minute in:

Neighbors can't believe Lisa Irwin is missing - YouTube

Were there two separate witnesses to the man with the baby? I heard one report that a couple driving by in their car saw a man with a baby, who turned towards a house and appeared to be entering the door. She said, now that they think he did this so they would drive on past. This report doesn't state that, she says the man just kept walking.

My DH made an interesting point last night. He said people assume they would wake up if XYZ happened or they assume the dog would bark. But how do you really know?

I am typically a light sleeper and wake up to every little cough or my middle child talking in his sleep. I complain that, once awake, I can't go back to sleep and I wake up easily. HOWEVER, there have definitely been times when I have slept through something when my DH just happened to be awake and he knows I have not even stirred. How would I know what I have slept through unless there is a witness or evidence?

Second, we have dogs who bark. They are annoying they bark so much - at other dogs, cars, people walking, leaves blowing across the yard, etc. But a few weeks ago our house got TPed and neither dog made a sound. We've been making fun of them for it. BUT, as my DH pointed out last night, how do we know they didn't bark? Just because we didn't wake up? I assume I would wake up if they were barking, just like I assumed they would bark if someone were in our yard in the middle of the night. But one of those things did not happen. I have been blaming the dogs, but how do I know?

It just made me wonder about how sure people are that they would wake up. There aren't a lot of cases where parents have slept through an abduction, but it has happened in some cases where there is now no doubt. It makes me feel bad for any parent living under suspicion whose only "crime" is that they didn't wake up.

My DH made an interesting point last night. He said people assume they would wake up if XYZ happened or they assume the dog would bark. But how do you really know?

I am typically a light sleeper and wake up to every little cough or my middle child talking in his sleep. I complain that, once awake, I can't go back to sleep and I wake up easily. HOWEVER, there have definitely been times when I have slept through something when my DH just happened to be awake and he knows I have not even stirred. How would I know what I have slept through unless there is a witness or evidence?

Second, we have dogs who bark. They are annoying they bark so much - at other dogs, cars, people walking, leaves blowing across the yard, etc. But a few weeks ago our house got TPed and neither dog made a sound. We've been making fun of them for it. BUT, as my DH pointed out last night, how do we know they didn't bark? Just because we didn't wake up? I assume I would wake up if they were barking, just like I assumed they would bark if someone were in our yard in the middle of the night. But one of those things did not happen. I have been blaming the dogs, but how do I know?

It just made me wonder about how sure people are that they would wake up. There aren't a lot of cases where parents have slept through an abduction, but it has happened in some cases where there is now no doubt. It makes me feel bad for any parent living under suspicion whose only "crime" is that they didn't wake up.

DB says their Black Lab would bark at any noise and/or if a stranger was trying to break it. The dog did not bark that night.

Their Black Lab was outside that night BTW

Anybody know if DB can drive and if there's a family car?

On the Today show they just recently said the person in the surveillance video is her brother, who drove her to the store because she doesn't have a license.

Hi all,

I haven't seen every interview the parents have made (I am in N.Z and it has only been briefly in the news). Can someone tell me, at any point have the parents looked down the lens to communicate to an Abductor and inform them of how to care for her? By that I mean what formula she has, he favorite foods, routine, possible allergies etc? If they have, then I think it could be a good sign, if they haven't...then I don't believe the parents think she is abducted at all.

They have never personalized Lisa at all. Never made her a human being to anyone that might have kidnapped her. No they have never gotten on TV and said anything like you just posted. Exactly what I would have done.

Were there two separate witnesses to the man with the baby? I heard one report that a couple driving by in their car saw a man with a baby, who turned towards a house and appeared to be entering the door. She said, now that they think he did this so they would drive on past. This report doesn't state that, she says the man just kept walking.

Nevermind, went back and checked another video and it's the same woman, though the story was slightly different. One version, the man appeared to be turning to go into a residence. The other version was the man just "kept walking". So which is it?

I can't help thinking that the phone data, whatever it is, is keeping LE right there where they are searching and preventing them from moving away from the family. They wouldn't address the question about a possible 2:30AM call, yet they talked about the store video as soon as it became known to the public and stated clearly that they did not believe it had any effect on Lisa being missing, basically. If indeed a flurry of calls or texts exists from one of the missing phones, that would be a huge reason for LE to focus on the parents, IMO.

On the Today show they just recently said the person in the surveillance video is her brother, who drove her to the store because she doesn't have a license.

Seriously? How could a woman who is a mother with 3 children at home not have a driver's license. :waitasec: Hmmm, wonder what she did to lose it, jmo.

Seriously? How could a woman who is a mother with 3 children at home not have a driver's license. :waitasec: Hmmm, wonder what she did to lose it, jmo.

It's not uncommon- over the years, I've been surprised by the number of women I've met who simply refused to drive. Some have driving related anxiety/phobias, some are "kept" women who tend to partner controlling men, some just never had the money to buy a car- so getting one seemed pointless. One friend of mine refuses on an ecological level and uses bikes or bus systems.

ETA- or driving without insurance (I missed it too!)

Here is the first and probably only time that you will most likely see me stick up for the mom. My daughter had a ear of driving, has 2 kids and just got her license a year ago. She is 26. I know a few people who have never gotten their license at all, so this really doesnt bother me and I dont even find this part of the issue. Actually this tells me that to possibly get rid of Lisa's body she needed help. My only question is why does she have a car if she doesnt drive, or is it the family car?

This video when I saw it yesterday was a game changer for me - it makes me suspect DB had an accomplice. I also suspect that the time of the event may have been after midnight, closer to 2:30 A.M.

About a minute in:

Neighbors can't believe Lisa Irwin is missing - YouTube

HS, are you referring to the neighbor seeing the man carrying a baby? I'm curious your thoughts on what makes you suspect that it points to it being an accomplice of DB and not a stranger abduction.

I can't help thinking that the phone data, whatever it is, is keeping LE right there where they are searching and preventing them from moving away from the family. They wouldn't address the question about a possible 2:30AM call, yet they talked about the store video as soon as it became known to the public and stated clearly that they did not believe it had any effect on Lisa being missing, basically. If indeed a flurry of calls or texts exists from one of the missing phones, that would be a huge reason for LE to focus on the parents, IMO.

ITA! I think the phones hold the clue! moo

Ah, yesterday I said, IMO, she may have been drinking already and needed a driver. He did look totally disinterested and bored.

Couldn't the family just have said the brother was the mystery man on the video? What's the big deal? And why does she have a car if no license?

IMO, if there was a 2:30 am phone call, it was to or from her brother. It's been rumored to be, and now it sort of makes sense that it would be.

Does anyone know how far from Lisa's house her Uncle lives?

Curiouser and curiouser

Why did the "reliable" media report that FBI was going around to neighbors asking them if they recognized the unidentified man with DB in the picture? They had to know he was her brother. Rumor run amok?....Maybe started by her family? I know David Netz never mentioned her brother being there that day when he was posting on the Lisa Irwin Updates page on FB.

<modsnip>

Inviting outside contact or alluding to "private" additional information:

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65798"]Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Please read WS Terms of Service & other standard rules . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member