Lisa Stebic-Plainfield, IL mother of 2 Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, thanks, bythebay, for catching that. I agree, he sure looks guilty! Did anyone notice him "spit" at the end? And his body language, including the "cough" sure gives him away! And he seems to be looking away from the person interviewing him the whole time. This story is definitely contradictory to all the others we've seen and read. I'm convinced his free days are coming to an end.

I did catch the spit, and have to admit I backed the video up a couple of times to re-view that part. I just could't believe what I was seeing. And, it made a popping sound!!! Something I'd do for the TV cameras. Or in my own home for that fact!!!! Eeeeeuuuuuw......

Yes, that spit thing he did at the end read like, "Ppppptooyie...I have a bad taste in my mouth with those lies and am glad to physically remove it now." sort of gesture. I did notice how he constantly looked away to his right of the interviewer, instead of looking directly ahead.

So the question remains: Did Craig change his story?!

I did catch the spit, and have to admit I backed the video up a couple of times to re-view that part. I just could't believe what I was seeing. And, it made a popping sound!!! Something I'd do for the TV cameras. Or in my own home for that fact!!!! Eeeeeuuuuuw......

Sounds pretty gross, BTB. Sometimes I think I need to be grateful that I don't have the capability to view those videos. Ewwww is right! What kind of uncouth person does it take to do such a disgusting thing on camera?

If CS gave this report to CBS as recently as Friday, July 13th, then it sounds to me like he's changing his story! No previous article has mentioned a trip to Target for a birthday gift. Sounds like he's trying to put up more smokescreens to me.

Hoping to clear up any confusion I may have caused.

"On May 3 when CBS 2 sat down with Craig Stebic, he said he was the only one home when Lisa left around 6:00 p.m. April 30."

The article I quoted was dated July 13th and I think that is where the confusion comes in.

As to CS changing his story, I'm not sure he has any one story down pat, yet. Maybe by the time he agrees to talk to police, he'll have figured out for sure just what story he is going with!

But it sure is curious to me as to why Craig would send the children on a bicycle trip to buy candy; and then upon their return, takes them to Target, where they could have bought their candy.

Heads up: Sometime this hour Fox and Friends is supposed to be having one of Lisa's neighbors or friends on. Brian Kilmeade is saying it will be her best friend.(?)

Just goes to show you what a "class act" we're dealing with here! I couldn't believe it, either. No wonder Lisa was divorcing him - I wouldn't want to clean up his spit, either!

Even the crassest of folks usually attempt to clean up their act in front of a TV camera, except on Jerry Springer, maybe!

"On May 3 when CBS 2 sat down with Craig Stebic, he said he was the only one home when Lisa left around 6:00 p.m. April 30."

The article I quoted was dated July 13th and I think that is where the confusion comes in.

As to CS changing his story, I'm not sure he has any one story down pat, yet. Maybe by the time he agrees to talk to police, he'll have figured out for sure just what story he is going with!

But it sure is curious to me as to why Craig would send the children on a bicycle trip to buy candy; and then upon their return, takes them to Target, where they could have bought their candy.

Heads up: Sometime this hour Fox and Friends is supposed to be having one of Lisa's neighbors or friends on. Brian Kilmeade is saying it will be her best friend.(?)

Curious, schmurious - he sent the kids for candy because he needed them out of the way so he could do the dirty deed or get rid of the evidence!

Liz, how was the story on Fox? Can you fill us in?

Hey Liz, Great observation on the bike trip for candy "then" a trip to Target!

Regarding CS's May 3rd statements; I do believe that was his most public accounting of April 30th with a reporter. After that, just some brief iterations along with lawyer advisement excuses.

When he does interview with LE, his story better match what he said on May 3rd. Otherwise, curtains! Rest assure, LE is way ahead of us on this, and probably have a carefully rehearsed interview in place for him.

Man, I'd love to be a fly on that wall!!

Curious, schmurious - he sent the kids for candy because he needed them out of the way so he could do the dirty deed or get rid of the evidence!

We don't even know for sure if the kids went to Walgreens. I haven't heard any proof of this. It's just CS story.
IMHO:twocents:

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/471596,jo17_stebicdivorce_s1.article

C.S. drops divorce petition. Give me a break. What is this all about if not just a legal maneuver to make sure that he has access to her assets.

Why is he more concerned with legal issues than finding his wife if he is innocent? Just when I thought it couldn't get any stranger.....

Thinking about this more raises the following questions in my mind:
Does this mark the end of his being represented by Davi?
Is C.S. retaining a criminal attorney?
Will he be without representation?... free to speak his own mind
Did Davi request C.S. to find new representation?
What does Lisa's family think of this move?
Is C.S. going to profess his renewed love for Lisa and ask the public to help find her so they can live happily ever after?
Is this a move designed to make it more difficult for Lisa's family to get temporary custody of the children?

I'm beginning to think that C.S. just feels very sure of himself and that there is no evidence to link him to the crime, so he can do whatever he wants at this point.

LT, Fox & Friends just updated their video archive. I thought you'd like to see it for yourself. Scroll down to the group of videos titled: ABOVE THE FOLD. You'll see Laurrie Bingenheimer's face. The interviews with the legal beagles has been omitted. But, all of Laurrie's interview is there.

http://www.foxnews.com/foxfriends/

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/471596,jo17_stebicdivorce_s1.article

C.S. drops divorce petition. Give me a break. What is this all about if not just a legal maneuver to make sure that he has access to her assets.

Why is he more concerned with legal issues than finding his wife if he is innocent? Just when I thought it couldn't get any stranger.....

My exact thoughts as soon as I read the story. How about life insurance? Anyone know? It used to be 7 years before they would legally consider the person dead but I'm sure I saw somewhere where that has changed in addition to state laws varying.

My exact thoughts as soon as I read the story. How about life insurance? Anyone know? It used to be 7 years before they would legally consider the person dead but I'm sure I saw somewhere where that has changed in addition to state laws varying.
After just reading the news article that Craig has filed a motion to drop the divorce proceedings this was the first thoughts that crossed my mind did he have a life insurance policy out on Lisa? I hope LE is checking into this matter as we speak.

Could be just a legal maneuver to ensure access to assets. Or, more likely, why pay a lawyer to pursue a divorce you know you don't need? Once you are sure you're a widower, there's no reason to pursue a divorce action.

You are correct. Although not familiar with the state laws concerning this particular case, it was extensively discussed during the Laci Peterson Search that after one year in a missing person case, you can have a hearing and have the court declare the person 'legally deceased,' thus opening the door to collect life insurance.

He's probably also wanting to collect soc sec benefits as well. I don't know how much he'd get per month, but he would receive something for each child.
Of course, he could collect that even if they were divorced, as long as he has custody of the children.

His attorney has something up his sleeve in having him withdraw the divorce petition. Exactly what, I'm not sure. Certainly doesn't make him look any more guilty than he already does, IMHO.

JMHO
fran

<snip>Liz, how was the story on Fox? Can you fill us in?

Good thing I wrote the friend's name down because I never would have remember her last name.

Laurrie Bingenheimer - best friend and neighbor of Lisa's appeared on Fox and Friends this morning.

She said there had been a fight at the Stebics in December in which CS threatened to kill Lisa; 9-1-1 was called; and CS told the police to take their time getting there.

Laurrie stated that Lisa was scared to death of Craig! So much so that ... There was a contingency plan made between Laurrie and Lisa and Lisa's children that IF anything ever happened they were to run the three doors down to Laurrie's house and call 9-1-1.

That's all I remember.

His atty is the biggest $&#37;*(& I have EVER seen! He is sure making a name for himself...and it isn't a good one. The woman is missing and the only thing he cares about is money for himself and CS. Sheesh! He will go to any length to keep CS from LE...because he is going to lose his shirt. He doesn't care about the kids. He doesn't care she is missing.

It is all about how they can get assets, money, and control of everything CS gains by her death. Hmmm...wonder if they have looked at the Atty for any involvement in her disappearance. They do say to look at the people who stand to gain financially in such cases.

His atty is the biggest $%*(& I have EVER seen! He is sure making a name for himself...and it isn't a good one. The woman is missing and the only thing he cares about is money for himself and CS. Sheesh! He will go to any length to keep CS from LE...because he is going to lose his shirt. He doesn't care about the kids. He doesn't care she is missing.

It is all about how they can get assets, money, and control of everything CS gains by her death. Hmmm...wonder if they have looked at the Atty for any involvement in her disappearance. They do say to look at the people who stand to gain financially in such cases.

Unfortunately, we don't know how much life insurance there is. What we do know is that the family finances were most likely strained - their mortgage exceeds the value of the home. Since the homes in that area are all fairly new - probably within the last 5 - 8 years, that tells you that there may have been more than one mortgage on the place or it may have been refinanced to a larger degree at some point to roll other debt into it. There'd have to be a significant amount of life insurance on Lisa's life, IMO, for an atty to be tempted to lose his reputation over it. I just don't see that being the case (but I could be wrong). After all, life insurance isn't cheap and there are indications of heavy debt and they have two young children.

His atty is the biggest $%*(& I have EVER seen! He is sure making a name for himself...and it isn't a good one. The woman is missing and the only thing he cares about is money for himself and CS. Sheesh! He will go to any length to keep CS from LE...because he is going to lose his shirt. He doesn't care about the kids. He doesn't care she is missing.

There is also something called mortgage insurance which the Stebics may or may not have had. This insurance forgives the entire debt if one spouse dies. (I'm pretty sure it is still available)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat