Lisa Stebic-Plainfield, IL mother of 2 Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd also like to add to the questions of what the kids may know. Did you hear or see anyone come to the house that night after you went to bed? Did you see or hear your father leave the house that night? Was he there when you woke up? What did he say and his reaction when your mother wasn't there to drive you to school? As well as the details of them going to the store for candy and any discussion they heard going on between Lisa and Craig going on that day. Lisa also may have discussed with the children that daddy wouldn't be living there anymore since she did send that petition out that very day, in an attempt to prepare the children for what was about to happen.

Strach,

Good questions. I have a couple more to add:

Where were the kids after school? Did they go out to play, coming home for dinner? It was dinner time in most households when CS sent them to the store for candy.

If the kids went out after school and simply came home at dinner time, CS would have had more time to commit his crime.

Suppose the kids came home just when CS was trying to wrap the body in the tarp and hide it in the bed of the truck. He would still have some kind of clean up to do (depending on the method of killing he used) and probably have to work out a plan to dispose of the body (call JS for help?) So, he had to buy some time - get rid of the kids, that is. Which would explain why he sent them to a store further from their home than others.

It's also conceivable that CS hid the body in the tarp in the truckbed overnight in the garage, then disposed of it the next day, after the kids went off to school. (very creepy thought!)

Strach,
It's also conceivable that CS hid the body in the tarp in the truckbed overnight in the garage, then disposed of it the next day, after the kids went off to school. (very creepy thought!)

Yes, a very good possibility, storing her in the truck bed overnight. Then getting up in the morning and doing the carpool thing for the kids. THEN he allegedly went to work. Wonder if he really did go to work and what time he clocked in?

JMHO
fran

Fox News had some story tonight about a "new video tape" of Lisa that could help in the search. Did anyone catch this? I was distracted and missed it.

No, I didn't hear any mention of new news...but caught a blurb of a guy named Mike I thought might be CS's atty. I will watch again later to see what he said tho.

Lisa, I don't know exactly how accurate the reports are from the beginning but it was reported that Craig got home at 5:40 that day. It was also originally reported that when LE spoke to the children that they confirmed seeing their mother before they went to the store at 6:00. She was gone when they got home. Now the time Lisa left was first reported as 6:30, then 6:15, then back to 6:00. The exact wording reported was that the children confirmed Craig's story which is of course why I believe he first let LE talk to them. Seems to me if he got home at 5:40 he would want to eat and whatever else before doing yard work considering he has a manuel labor type job but he's out there at 6:00.

Of course if this time line is accurate then it stands to reason that if Craig did this it was during the time the kids went to the store and he either hid her in the truck or trunk of her car. Disposed of her that night or on his way to work or had an accomplice that came there or he met up with on his way to work. I don't know if there was an argument that preceded him sending them to the store or he planned it for that hour in time but the petition for eviction issue sent on that very day seems way too coincidental.

Strach,

Where did you read that the kids told LE that they saw their mom at 6:00 on 4/30? I just re-read the timeline on this site and here's what it says:
"Lisa is said to have left the house with her purse and cell phone. Craig said Lisa either left on foot or was picked up because her car remains at the family's home. Craig said he was working in the backyard and the couple's children were out of the house during the time his wife left. It was reported Lisa would work out at Plainfield North High School in the evenings fairly frequently."

If this is true, the kids were not home at the time - they were out of the house. I'm guessing they came home sometime after he did the crime and he had to get rid of them to take care of business with the body, and make arrangements for its disposal.

Someone in this family needs to be the "Denise Brown" of the case and start talking about the white elephant, or 800 pound gorilla, or whatever you want to call it, in the room!!!!! At this point, who cares about hurt feelings. We are talking about someone's life that has apparently been SELFISHLY taken and two children living without their mother and possibly without hope. Certainly without peace!

Put some pressure on this case! Push the cops. Push CS to let his children help solve the mystery of their missing mother. For the sake of argument, if CS is innocent, why isn't he helping the children find closure by helping with this case. Forget the lawyer...the kids should be what's important, especially if you are innocent.

Being nice is not helping anyone but the murderer! I just want to f'ing scream. Meanwhile, the murderer is out there living a free life! I believe the people not talking and not being allowed to talk know enough to break the case.:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

No, I didn't hear any mention of new news...but caught a blurb of a guy named Mike I thought might be CS's atty. I will watch again later to see what he said tho.

I caught it on the news and unfortunately it was much ado about nothing. It wa a video tape from a birthday Criag and Lisa had attended a few months ago together. Lisa was shown smiling and Craig was shown cutting the cake. The main point of the whole story was that the family was making a press release about a $50,000 reward for where or what happened to Lisa. There was no more new info concerning the "meat of the case" Just the reward announcment.

Lisa, I'll go check some of the earlier media links here and at court tv for the report where it says the kids confirmed Craig's story that she was there when they left to go to the store and gone when they got back. Many people questioned what the kids said so I suppose that's why LE gave that info to reporters. Many of the media reports stated he got home at 5:40 and gave the kids money for candy so that can only be a 20 minute time span.

Let's hope the reward will loosen some lips. Somebody saw something.

Lisa, I found this one that mentions it off a media link on ctv http://www.topix.net/content/trb/3853154400332658340200748960072775310417

Also some of the links no longer have the story but I did see several posts stating the same thing. I'll look again later because I remember it was LE that stated it. There are so many media links to look through and posts with links. Also glanced at a post on ctv that stated Lisa fixed dinner for the kids before she left but didn't know if they ate before or after going to the store.

Another interesting find was in an early media link I re-read about the search of the Michigan property. LE states that Craig, his father and children were at the cottage the weekend before and we knew that but it says they were laying tile, remodeling a bathroom, etc. Thought he was hunting rabbit or was that deer? :innocent:

Strach,

Yes, I read that, too, regarding the weekend before Lisa's disappearance. It's too bad the kids weren't interviewed at length. While CS and JS may have been "remodeling" the cabin, there may have been other, more surreptitious activities taking place up there - like, scoping out a repository for a body. And the kids are old enough to be left alone for a while without a babysitter, so JS and CS could have gone out in search of a secluded and camoflaged spot.

Of course, now with the passage of time, any details they might have had could be growing "fuzzy", and they will only get "fuzzier" as more time passes.

There sure seem to be some conflicting reports out there regarding details of exactly when Lisa disappeared, who saw her, were the kids home at that time or not, etc.

I'm hoping LE has more evidence than they're letting on to!

Wow, big news day today on missing persons: Found one 15-year old, missing a year, ALIVE and under a staircase in a hidden closet; and
found one missing girl, 18, NOT ALIVE, one week after being abducted from a shopping mall - how tragic! But, at least there is closure for both these families.

God only knows if and when there will be closure here. I wait and hope each day for resolution - I'm hoping we're dealing with a psychopathic husband and not some stranger at large, just too close to home for comfort!

We all need to see this case closed.

I'm surprised rumor didn't start floating around while the children where still in school, and who they might have spoken too. Friends, teachers that are confidant's...........

Now that school is out, I wonder how closely CS is watching those children and who he is allowing them to socialize with.

Surely the children would voice some of their concerns to their friends. Especially with an upcoming divorce....... Maybe one of them spoke about issues which occured prior to the disappearance which might lead to some clue.

Also, we vacationed as kids in Alpha & Crystal falls MI. My family still does, it is a looooong drive from the Chicago area. I don't think CS could make it there and back after the kids went to sleep and before they awoke for school. It's got to be about a 7 hour drive one way from Plainfield.

I still strongly believe the husband did it. I understand he hasn't allowed LE to talk to the children since the initial contact. I'm wondering why? I mean, he hasn't talked to LE since the original contact and he lawyered up,........but it's because he COULD be the perp. But to NOT allow LE to talk to the kids.................................suspicion in OVERDRIVE!:razz:

I also wonder if he's allowing her family access to the kids? Like, without him or one of HIS family members in attendance to orchestrate what they talk about.:rolleyes:

IF this were my sister or daughter, I would try to get a week long visit with the kids to stay at my house.;)

Oh, and about the weekend before and working on the property or 'rabbit hunting' out of season?!:doh: Guess this would be {proof} of :liar: #1.

JMHO
fran

It's always possible the kids didn't see or hear anything out of the ordinary right before her disappearance. I think LE should be focusing their searches closer in to where she lived and was expected to be going as well as his route to work that morning. In his threats to make her disappear do we know if he said never to be found? One of the media links I recently re-read said she wouldn't get anything but would disappear. Anywhere in Michigan would be too revealing of his involvement. The mining pits and waterways would probably insure she would never be found but also look like it would require an accomplice.

With the internet posting and then Joe Stebic stating it was his understanding that she was involved in that internet stuff and he thinks that's what happened. I think it's supposed to look like that's what happened. Where did JS get that info, hmm? What about the guy she went out with a few times a few weeks before her disappearance? I know LE has checked that out but what I'm saying is why isn't Craig and his father harping on that angle? Acknowledgement could indicate jealousy therefore more motive is what I think. This guy can be cleared by alibi, etc. whereas an unknown seems more likely and unable to prove.

So, according to this article posted by chicoliving in the 'media threads' page, LE has NOT talked to the children at all since Lisa went missing! Why would the husband refuse to let LE talk to them? What is he hiding?

Soooo, they find Lisa's BLOOD on the tarp in the back of HIS truck and they can't take him in for questioning? Doesn't make sense.

Perhaps the family should just change the reward to say anyone with information resulting in the convicition of anyone responsible for the disappearance of their daughter/sister/mother, they'd get more of a response.
Sorry, at this point, I don't believe there's any 'safe return' possible

JMHO
fran

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,279089,00.html

Did the interview with the police chief of plainfield seem.....odd. What are they doing?????? So they have info (tarp, dogs) and still no person of intrest??? I know I am just a retired 'Big City Detective' but I am begginig to lose hope for this investigation........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikysweety