Lisa Stebic-Plainfield, IL mother of 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was also said on Nancy Grace about Craigs criminal history and the only thing he has on his criminal record is the guns violations and that was transporting them from their home or cabin in MI to their home in ILL.

Windchime, allowing for postal delivery time and then when he did get them Lisa was already missing. He probably took it straight to LE. In Craig's emergency petition Lisa's lawyer stated he would make a formal response on behalf of Lisa and the judge did schedule a follow up date for that after denying Craig's emergency petition. I myself think Lisa told him what she did and that's the whole reason he filed anyway. LE did go search that cabin in Michigan right away so it would stand to reason LE has known this since early on. FBI went there right away also.

fran wrote:
I guess my post was a little confusing. In that particular case, the victim didn't even know the perp and he said he didn't do the crime, yet they found the victim's dna and fingerprints in his car, well.........as well as HIS dna on the victim. I think I used a bad example.

No, it really isn't. That's the normal situation with most crimes, but with ex's no matter what DNA you find other than blood it's to be expected. Even in the trunk, it's like, ok, it's the family car, so what?

Blood you're not going to find in these planned ex disappearances. Same as with SP, just roll them up in something and dump them somewhere. No trail of blood or any other suspicious DNA.

Sure, you hope they find something, but the DNA thing with missing women and a sikent ex is a problem. It doesn't matter that you find it.

rd

j2misirsh wrote: ...just irked me thinking she was "left" with the couch

She would have wanted the couch. When she wants the divorce, the husbands attitude is, continue normally. The wife is basically departing... inside the house.

If it was some kind of mutual agreement, or maybe the husband was caught running around or something, he might take the couch as a form of purgatory or as a good will gesture. But too much of that and there wouldn't be much of a reason to get divorced to start with. The good will gesture, that is.

rd

It sounds to me like the ex didn't know Lisa sent that paperwork to her lawyer when he filed for sole custody, but that he felt it was imminent and had to make her disappear before she could do it.

I could be wrong, but that would explain the timing.

rd

Or maybe she mailed the paperwork that morning and later that evening they got into it at home and she let it slip out, and he reacted violently.

Maybe she had the paperwork in the house and he noticed it was gone when he got home, and he went off on her.

We may never know exactly. But to have Lisa's own words of his abuse documented and mailed the very day she disappeared from the home where her husband told her he'd make her disappear and no one would ever find her....well, if I were CS, I'd be a little worried right about now.

So my question is, given this new development, even if they never find her, would this be enough to arrest CS?

The reason I say that is I'm thinking by filing for sole custody so quickly it would appear he didn't know about the paperwork. He might have and not cared, but I just think he would have addressed the paperwork in some manner when filing, or not filed so quickly with the "she might come back and take them" routine, had he known.

rd

Windchime, allowing for postal delivery time and then when he did get them Lisa was already missing. He probably took it straight to LE. In Craig's emergency petition Lisa's lawyer stated he would make a formal response on behalf of Lisa and the judge did schedule a follow up date for that after denying Craig's emergency petition. I myself think Lisa told him what she did and that's the whole reason he filed anyway. LE did go search that cabin in Michigan right away so it would stand to reason LE has known this since early on. FBI went there right away also.

strach thank you so much for this information I had not heard any of this. :) Thank you I'm so glad that the cops were on top of this.

It sounds to me like the ex didn't know Lisa sent that paperwork to her lawyer when he filed for sole custody, but that he felt it was imminent and had to make her disappear before she could do it.

rd

I'm guessing she let the cat out of the bag. This information was turned over to the police early on after her disappearance. Of course he would deny knowing this, but this could explain sudden rage and perhaps not as premeditated as previously thought....hopefully meaning he didn't think of something.

From the Tribune:

"Kahn knew the eviction petition was progressing the day Lisa disappeared because he spoke to her that morning, he said. "When I talked to her, she said she was mailing it out that day," Kahn said, and he has not spoken to her since.

Kahn said he told police about the eviction petition early in their investigation of her disappearance. Plainfield police could not be reached for confirmation Wednesday evening."

Darn! I tried to respond to some posts this morning but I started having difficulty with my internet service. LOL, I'm sneaking this on my daughter's puter.

Anyway, starting with this tidbit,.................ehhh, I thought hubby said they hadn't spoken more than 5 words in the past five months?:eek:

JMHO
fran

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/index.html

Lisa Stebic mailed a petition to her attorney looking to temporarily evict saying he was verbally abusive and that his “extreme behavior” directly affected the best interests of their children

rd

Either that or he killed her BECAUSE she had filed to have him evicted.

He was a control freak! Typical battered wife scenario, the most dangerous time for a woman is when she tries to break off the relationship.:mad:

JMHO
fran

Stebic and his supporters are saying LE did this SW to try to get answers from him. They used the late night visit as a ploy. He'd already let them in the house twice to investigate.

Well, for one thing, without a SW, they can't check out anything that's not in plain view. As far as CS cooperating with LE, BS!:razz:

JMHO
fran

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/napervillesun/news/384445,6_1_NA14_MISSING_S1.article

Plainfield police have said Craig Stebic has been "cooperative" in their investigation thus far.

But last week Craig Stebic refused to take a polygraph test, under the advice of his divorce attorney. The same day he canceled the test, Craig Stebic also refused FBI agents entry into his home when they showed up on his doorstep Tuesday

She mailed formal legal documents to her attorney
to have her husband removed from the home with in just hours of coming up missing. I was wondering why her attorney hadn't done that sooner.

Whoa, imo that is big. Does anyone know where I can find a timeline of the husband's movements the day before and after Lisa went missing?

Either that or he killed her BECAUSE she had filed to have him evicted.

He was a control freak! Typical battered wife scenario, the most dangerous time for a woman is when she tries to break off the relationship.:mad:

JMHO
fran

Yes, it sure seems he was a control freak and control freaks are the worst batterers of women. This guy needs to be picked up and questioned again, imo.

On Greta tonight the police chief said that Lisa's car was taken from the home last night and dects have been going over it all day today.

Philamena, there are links here and a board on ctv for Lisa with the reports so far but not a lot of confirmation. I can re-cap for you and if I miss anything others feel free to add.

On the day of Lisa's disappearance which was a Monday she had been to work and got home around two. Craig said he got home 5:40 sent the kids to the store, he was out back gardening and Lisa left to go do her usual workout at a local high school. Don't know if his time accounts are what have varied or just the reporting but they range from 6 to 6:30 pm that she left and she was gone when the children returned.

Next morning Lisa was supposed to car pool and Craig said she wasn't there so he drove the children and continued to work. He says he got phone calls from a neighbor/friend telling him Lisa didn't come to work he returned home around 10. The neighbor called police who then called the husband.

I think this is about as close to the timeline as we can get for now and keep in mind we don't know if any of Craig's statements have been verified by LE. It was reported that there are no witnesses who saw Lisa actually leave that evening by foot or vehicle and she usually drove since the school was over 3 miles away. There's also the matter of witnesses to verify his times of coming and going as he has stated. Absolutely nothing has been reported about that that I have seen.

I also understand that it was Craig who gave them the money to go to the store but he was normally a tight-wad. Also, he sent them to a store two miles away and not the one that is more like two blocks. Some say Lisa never would have allowed the kids to go to that store.

At least one neighbor, sorry, don't have a link, said they usually saw her leave at night, but they didn't see her leave that day.

A neighbor is reporting they called the police when they heard she was missing. Craig's divorce attorney is saying the husband called.

As Lisa told several friends and neighbors that if something ever happened to her to look at her husband, THAT'S why the neighbor called 911.

JMHO
fran

Philamena, there are links here and a board on ctv for Lisa with the reports so far but not a lot of confirmation. I can re-cap for you and if I miss anything others feel free to add.

On the day of Lisa's disappearance which was a Monday she had been to work and got home around two. Craig said he got home 5:40 sent the kids to the store, he was out back gardening and Lisa left to go do her usual workout at a local high school. Don't know if his time accounts are what have varied or just the reporting but they range from 6 to 6:30 pm that she left and she was gone when the children returned.

Next morning Lisa was supposed to car pool and Craig said she wasn't there so he drove the children and continued to work. He says he got phone calls from a neighbor/friend telling him Lisa didn't come to work he returned home around 10. The neighbor called police who then called the husband.

I think this is about as close to the timeline as we can get for now and keep in mind we don't know if any of Craig's statements have been verified by LE. It was reported that there are no witnesses who saw Lisa actually leave that evening by foot or vehicle and she usually drove since the school was over 3 miles away. There's also the matter of witnesses to verify his times of coming and going as he has stated. Absolutely nothing has been reported about that that I have seen.

strach304,
YOU are a doll! :blowkiss:Thanks so much for taking the time to do this. I sincerely appreciate it.

I also understand that it was Craig who gave them the money to go to the store but he was normally a tight-wad. Also, he sent them to a store two miles away and not the one that is more like two blocks. Some say Lisa never would have allowed the kids to go to that store.

At least one neighbor, sorry, don't have a link, said they usually saw her leave at night, but they didn't see her leave that day.

A neighbor is reporting they called the police when they heard she was missing. Craig's divorce attorney is saying the husband called.

As Lisa told several friends and neighbors that if something ever happened to her to look at her husband, THAT'S why the neighbor called 911.

JMHO
fran

fran,
A huge thank you, too.:blowkiss:
This case is driving me nutso. I keep trying to figure out how Lisa disappeared without a trace. Surely her ex didn't pull a Scott Peterson or a Mark Hacking? Although it sure sounds like it.

fran,
A huge thank you, too.:blowkiss:
This case is driving me nutso. I keep trying to figure out how Lisa disappeared without a trace. Surely her ex didn't pull a Scott Peterson or a Mark Hacking? Although it sure sounds like it.

Well philamena, I think you're starting to get the point.

April 18 they go to divorce court where she asks for custody of the kids and spousal support. He tells her there's no way he's going to give her either.

Two weeks later she begins to file to have him removed from the home.

The same day she began filing to have him removed from the home because of his abusive treatment, she disappears without a trace.

The very next day the husband goes about his merry way and takes his wife's turn to carpool the kids to school and goes on to work. He doesn't react until her job calls him at work and he begins to show human emotion and returns home and asks a few nieghbors if they've seen his wife.

The husband didn't report the wife missing, a neighbor did.

The wife had been going to a women's shelter and talking about her abusive husband and says, 'If anything happens to me, look at my husband.' The husband denies that his wife was going to counseling.

Ehh, the wife told more than one person her husband told her 'I can make you disappear without a trace.' AND SHE DID!:furious:

JMHO
fran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members