LIVE MSM COVERAGE on BABY LISA - 22-23 OCTOBER 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah i totally agree.....i think the fbi's would be some of the best in the country no?

sometimes i feel these people just need to be quiet :waitasec:

I couldn't disagree more. Until the training of the dogs is known, the specificity of the alert must remain uknown. "Bad" training could be an issue, but it doesn't have to be "bad" training to be insufficient to determine if the alert was related to Lisa's corpse.

I have never understood the bit about the cell phones being on restricted usage--I had always thought that if you didn't pay your bill they got cut off, period. (Of course the phone could still be used to call 911, though maybe not everyone realizes that.) On the other hand, I've never not paid the cell phone bill so I actually have no idea what the normal policy is. I would *guess* that it varies by carrier.

We don't know what JI said to LE about his work times, so for all we know they already know this. But it does seem strange that every time a new story comes about, a new detail of the sequence of events that night is put forth.

I used to work for a smaller regional cell phone carrier....if you didn't pay your bill you could receive no incoming calls/messages. If you tried to make an outgoing call, you were rerouted directly to customer service to pay your bill. Not sure how the bigger carriers do things.

People magazine isn't really known for getting the details right in these kinds of stories, IMO. If I remember correctly, their article about Kyron included some never known before details (and never seen since) that matched nothing we knew about the case and probably were complete distortions. IMO

BBM

So if JI was doing a side job at night, and not his normal fulltime job, who was there to verify that JI was in fact at this Starbucks the entire time?

That's what I want to know. Has it been verified - by JI's employer that he was there the ENTIRE time to 3am? Gosh, couldn't JI have left work, while mom was drunk and passed out, found baby then went back to work? Left work then took baby on foot to the woods --- and that would fit timeline with witnesses. 4AM

Thank you.

The bit about the "phone calling" doesn't make any sense by what they have said. Wasn't all this "resticted service" talk about how DB's phone could GET calls - she just couldn't call out? Now, according to this article JI has it turned around and is saying that DB couldn't GET calls and that's why he couldn't let her know when he would be home?

Something stinks here....................

Vallhall said the same thing in her newest blog!

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2011/10/22/lisa-irwin-case-search-warrant-and-people-details/#more-8239

The stories are changing again. :banghead:

I have never understood the bit about the cell phones being on restricted usage--I had always thought that if you didn't pay your bill they got cut off, period. (Of course the phone could still be used to call 911, though maybe not everyone realizes that.) On the other hand, I've never not paid the cell phone bill so I actually have no idea what the normal policy is. I would *guess* that it varies by carrier.

We don't know what JI said to LE about his work times, so for all we know they already know this. But it does seem strange that every time a new story comes about, a new detail of the sequence of events that night is put forth.

ive tried to see if i can find any info on this but all ive come up with is on a forum somwhere a few people saying that if people try and ring they get a message saying "this number is unavailable" can't be sure though.....thats not how it works in the UK or from the experiences ive had,the line stays live for a month or so i think and u can still receive incoming calls.

I couldn't disagree more. Until the training of the dogs is known, the specificity of the alert must remain uknown. "Bad" training could be an issue, but it doesn't have to be "bad" training to be insufficient to determine if the alert was related to Lisa's corpse.
It's the friggin FBI, I'm sure their dogs and handlers are highly trained. There's no doubt in my mind about that.

However...

Could the dog, even a highly trained dog be mistaken? Absolutely. That is what BS should have went with.

But BS calling into question the FBI dog's actual training and certification is just laughable to me.

IMO

Here in Canada ours gets cut off and when you try to call anyone, it forwards right to the cell phone company. LOL

However, here's one thing though. I've known of people who have got cut off but could still text.

I've heard what time he came home and that it was the first time he's worked that late but not that him coming home that late was unexpected. I thought all along that DB knew he wasn't going to be coming home until that late. So, if that's true, she would've been expecting him to walk through the door at any moment, right?

Except that she was possibly drunk (and maybe hopped up on adrenaline for any tasks she might be involved in) so somewhat oblivious to time? In the article she said she wasn't worried about him because she knew he was at work. (I assume that's responding to whether she worried he was late.) I 'd think she wasn't thinking about anything in a logical sense that night.

It does cause me to opine that there was an immediacy to creating her story, if she knew he'd be home at any minute. MOO

It's the friggin FBI, I'm sure their dogs and handlers are highly trained. There's no doubt in my mind about that.

However...

Could the dog, even a highly trained dog be mistaken? Absolutely. That is what BS should have went with.

But BS calling into question the FBI dog's actual training and certification is just laughable to me.

IMO

BBM: Yep. Even the best of the best in ANY human profession, sometimes make mistakes. We're all human? Well, they're all canine. ;)

I do hope that the FBI dog handlers know their business because if they don't who does? It's possible that they completely botched the job because the dog is badly trained or had a bad nose day but generally I find that it's often a sign that the defense team is in trouble when they have to nullify the evidence saying the professionals who collected it don't know what they were doing.

I am hoping the Feds brought in the dogs. I know they commented on the dogs being from somewhere other than KC. The Feds usually have all their i's dotted and t's crossed, so it may be very difficult to refute the dogs findings if anything links up to Baby Lisa.

I do hope that the FBI dog handlers know their business because if they don't who does? It's possible that they completely botched the job because the dog is badly trained or had a bad nose day but generally I find that it's often a sign that the defense team is in trouble when they have to nullify the evidence saying the professionals who collected it don't know what they were doing.

:rocker:

Who reported that the phones were on "restricted" use? Did LE say that or did DB say that?

If they were on restricted use, I find it odd that they would work for the "kidnapper" at 2:38. This has been one lucky kidnapper so far IMO

i don't get why she said that,i'd be frantically running about checking everywhere,probably even places she couldnt be like the fridge or something :floorlaugh: just because i'd be in a state of hysteria. the yard would be the place i'd go once i realized she wasn't in the house

If you thought your baby might be in the back yard hurt or cold and scared, wouldn't you go there to find her? Why did she assume she'd find something to be afraid about?
....unless she knew Lisa wasn't out there . . . :(

I am hoping the Feds brought in the dogs. I know they commented on the dogs being from somewhere other than KC. The Feds usually have all their i's dotted and t's crossed, so it may be very difficult to refute the dogs findings if anything links up to Baby Lisa.
It says in the search warrant that it was an FBI cadaver dog that got the hit.

HTH

Any parent of a missing child who will not look within their own property for that child is acting beyond suspicious. I can't believe she made a statement like that.

Ok, as for cell phones- I'll put what I do know.

When we had Sprint, if we were late on a bill, we would be on restricted service for a few days. This meant I could receive incoming calls, but not call out (would just take me directly to customer service).

Now we have T-Mobile... if I'm late on my bill, and don't pay anything towards it, I am shut off completely. However, if I paid at least half of my bill by the due date, they'll put me on restricted service for a few days until they shut me off. However, their restricted service does not allow texting or incoming calls. I simply had outgoing calls.

It would be interesting to know who their cell carrier was. If I had to guess, Sprint, because they're huge in Kansas City, and almost all of hubby's family out there has Sprint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erinicole93