Lloyd Welch is Person of Interest

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is frightening. I wonder how many other young girls were snatched by this SOB

Anxiously awaiting for the news conference. Curious to see how much he resembles the sketch. I know it was years ago but some features perhaps remained the same.

Geez I wish they would have the presser yesterday, or at least this morning. So this RSO traveled extensively throughout the US....what a monster

I lived in Maryland in the early 70's. This case hits hard because I still remember my mom talking about the day that I missed the bus and I did not want to go tell my mom so I walked to school on my own. I was Not yet 5 yrs old. I walked blocks by myself. And no one knew where I was for a long time.

There but for the Grace of God go I.

Not just because of this case, but just all the missing kids. It takes a moment.

I hope that today there is an answer, Some proof and that these parents can finally have their children back to bury and mourn..

JMO

I have often wondered what happened to these girls and wondered if they would ever get a break in the case since it happened almost 39 years ago. They went missing a few months before I was born, so being missing all these years kind of puts it into perspective for me....

It sounds as if this is indeed a significant development in the case. When they release the name of this individual today as a "Person of Interest", it will be only the second time in the past 39 years that MCP has done so.

The first time was back in late 1986 when Fred Howard Coffey, Jr. was tried and convicted of nine counts of Child Molestation against three children in North Carolina. At that time, MCP became interested in him as a POI and made similar pleas to the public for information regarding his presence in Maryland. They knew that he was in Maryland as early as April 1975, and probably earlier - but could not firmly establish his whereabouts on 25 March 1975.

A few months later - in 1987 -He was convicted of murdering a 10 year old girl in Charlotte, NC in 1979. He was sentenced to death, but after several re-trials the sentence was changed to life in prison WITH the possibilty of parole. He has remained in the North Carolina Prison system since.

Holy smoke. I about fainted this morning reading the headline on all major news sources. Will be anxiously awaiting the press conference. My heart grieves for the family. I have followed this case for years. I truly hope it's solved. :please:

I honestly thought this day might never come. When I saw the headlines today my heart skipped a beat. I cannot imagine how the Lyons' must feel. I HOPE HOPE HOPE that this will provide answers and closure to this case. It's about time!

Hey East Coasters...is it 11:35 your time right now?

yes, mom... it is 11:38 and I am looking for a live link but not finding anything yet.

I wonder if this is a person we have not heard of before or if he has been on the WS's radar all along. The suspense is killing me!

This is FABULOUS!
Sitting on pin n' needles for the family!

No... sorry I don't see it yet. Obama is talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aprilssister94