Looking for info on online artist friend who vanished

Chaoguy

Reaction score
I made an account to ask this question, I hope it’s alright. Basically this friend of mine was a fantastic artist, but around June/July of last year he vanished, stopped responding to messages and stuff, I’ve been worried sick and I fear the worst, but his profiles don’t have enough info for me to figure anything out, I was hoping I could get some help.
https://mobile.twitter.com/razu_draws?lang=en
Razu Draws

You could go to your local police and see what they suggest. They may just take no action but after the passage of more time, they may start making enquiries.

I have flagged up internet profiles before where I have had welfare concerns (in the Uk) but that was where the content of the post made me feel that the user - who I didn’t know in real life, and still don’t -was unwell.

I had a FB friend whom I never saw in real life, and one night he posted something very concerning. We had only one mutual friend, but he was unaware of the circumstances, either. It was the obvious loneliness of the OP that concerned me. FB showed his place of residence, a tiny town, so I called the police to inform of the post, and they said they'd do the welfare check. They were very nice and called me back to say he was OK.
If you just follow the person on Twitter, though, it is not easy. He could have merely changed the handle. However, I would call the police if you have a bad feeling about him. Good luck!

I made an account to ask this question, I hope it’s alright. Basically this friend of mine was a fantastic artist, but around June/July of last year he vanished, stopped responding to messages and stuff, I’ve been worried sick and I fear the worst, but his profiles don’t have enough info for me to figure anything out, I was hoping I could get some help.
https://mobile.twitter.com/razu_draws?lang=en
Razu Draws

He really is very talented, isn't he?

It doesn't look like he ever used Twitter much. Were you in touch with any of his other friends/followers?

Oh my gosh! i thought i was the only one looking for him. he was my lead artist in my game and just VANISHED last june. the last message i got from him was on 6/4/2020. He had apparently gotten COVID but said that he was fine and the government cleared him. he was working on sketchwork for my next CG's (after having already finished a lot of work for me), and just never contacted me ever again.

Yep yep~ XD

Things sure went wonky on my side of the coin~ hahahaha
[8:23 PM]
Annnd received! Thanks a bunches!
Alrighty! Lemme work on the Line Art!

and that's the last time i talked to him. i tried to reach out to him through facebook, twitter, discord, but nothing. i have been fearing the worst too. :(

I THINK i know his real name, but it's just going off of his paypal email. and i know he's from the Philippines. :oops:

Go to your own police first and see if they can query it internationally. Maybe log it on an online form so you can link in all the web info.

IMO it's likely best to just move forward. The police aren't going to investigate just because he stopped responding online to you. This is the dilemma of communicating only online nowadays. Let's hope it's just been a personal choice of his or a change in his circumstances rather than anything more traumatic. I also think it can be inappropriate to seek help to search/find individuals using a forum like this who have not been identified as missing - not saying your intentions are doubtful, I just think it's a slippery slope.

Oh my gosh! i thought i was the only one looking for him. he was my lead artist in my game and just VANISHED last june. the last message i got from him was on 6/4/2020. He had apparently gotten COVID but said that he was fine and the government cleared him. he was working on sketchwork for my next CG's (after having already finished a lot of work for me), and just never contacted me ever again.

Yep yep~ XD

Things sure went wonky on my side of the coin~ hahahaha
Annnd received! Thanks a bunches!
Alrighty! Lemme work on the Line Art!

and that's the last time i talked to him. i tried to reach out to him through facebook, twitter, discord, but nothing. i have been fearing the worst too. :(

I haven't check this old thread in a long time, forgot about it, that being said yeah. I wish I could look into it...

I did find his reddit account, where he posted back in Jan 2021, but he hasn't said anything on it since then.

I haven't check this old thread in a long time, forgot about it, that being said yeah. I wish I could look into it...

I did find his reddit account, where he posted back in Jan 2021, but he hasn't said anything on it since then.

Oh my goodness! He actually posted on his reddit as late as Jan 2021? did he say anything in any posts between June-January about his status?

Oh my goodness! He actually posted on his reddit as late as Jan 2021? did he say anything in any posts between June-January about his status?
No, not at all, it's hard to say, It's certainly him because he posted his work, but at one point his tone shifts and I'm not sure if it's the same person at times.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back