Looking for the Best Doctor who Treats Epilepsy

Thank you all for your help. My friend is extremely grateful.
Please keep your suggestions coming.

Thank you very much!!!
Tricia

Dr. Frank Drislane, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical center , Boston, MA.
Professional achievements that I know of:
-He authored ‘Blue prints in Neurology’ which Med. students use to pass the boards, and neurologists use as a reference guide.
-He is a world leader in setting treatment standards for status epilepsy.
- He is a frequent speaker at top conferences.
- He has authored numerous papers in top medical journals.

I also highly recommend his colleague Dr. Shafi. Dr. Shafi is great, he is so smart, personable and kind.

Last edited:
Thank you all for your help. My friend is extremely grateful.
Please keep your suggestions coming.

Thank you very much!!!
Tricia

Dr. Frank Drislane, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical center , Boston, MA.
He has the best manner and never rushes. Every question is answered and you learn a lot from his answers.
Professional achievements that I know of:
-He authored ‘Blue prints in Neurology’ which Med. students use to pass the boards, and neurologists use as a reference guide.
-He is a world leader in setting treatment standards for status epilepsy.
- He is a frequent speaker at top conferences.
- He has authored numerous papers in top medical journals.

I also highly recommend his colleague Dr. Shafi. Dr. Shafi is great, he is so smart, personable and kind.

Thank you all so much! It's my son! This all started 4 years ago after a neck surgery but we've been told the two are not related....but the seizures did start a month after replacing 2 disks in his deck. He was seizure free for 21 months on meds but they are coming much more often. I found a level 4 Epilepsy center where we live and he's now going there, but it's of course horrific to witness and it is terrifying.....not just to us but to him in particular. He does not have an aura or any warning at all. That is the super scary part. He's had a seizure even in a swimming pool and thankfully he was still an active duty Marine. It took 5 Marines to pull him out.
Epilepsy is complex and while we might not need to switch docs just yet I was so touched Tricia reached out for help for us. She knows how scary it's been....

Thank you all so much! It's my son! This all started 4 years ago after a neck surgery but we've been told the two are not related....but the seizures did start a month after replacing 2 disks in his deck. He was seizure free for 21 months on meds but they are coming much more often. I found a level 4 Epilepsy center where we live and he's now going there, but it's of course horrific to witness and it is terrifying.....not just to us but to him in particular. He does not have an aura or any warning at all. That is the super scary part. He's had a seizure even in a swimming pool and thankfully he was still an active duty Marine. It took 5 Marines to pull him out.
Epilepsy is complex and while we might not need to switch docs just yet I was so touched Tricia reached out for help for us. She knows how scary it's been....

I believe you and your son will just know that you are in the right place
It will feel like trust and comfort even during the tough times
That was my experience and my daughter's too... and still it feels that way

Sending you both so many hugs, hope, and faith♡

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads