Looking for true crime success stories

My name is David Lyons. I am a former homicide detective and produce a true crime podcast. I am currently in the final stages of a project that explores the relationships between the true crime community and the detective community. I am specifically interested in finding verifiable stories of cases where citizens advanced or solved murder and missing person cases. This site look like the perfect place to ask. Thanks in advance if anyone can point toward some of these!

David
For me this case comes to mind.

Also this one, lots of work on Websleuths, obviously genetic genealogy brought this case to close:

On top of it. Really highlighted a balance of good work and then again, some not so good work. Exactly what I am looking for. Thanks so much!

My name is David Lyons. I am a former homicide detective and produce a true crime podcast. I am currently in the final stages of a project that explores the relationships between the true crime community and the detective community. I am specifically interested in finding verifiable stories of cases where citizens advanced or solved murder and missing person cases. This site look like the perfect place to ask. Thanks in advance if anyone can point toward some of these!

David

You will like this thread. Not a crime, but a missing person.

Found Deceased - UK - Susan McLean, 61, U.S. tourist, Aberfeldy, Scotland, 17 May 2015

Welcome @DavidLyons

Check out the amazing work of @othram, and WS members’ interactions with corresponding thread links, etc.

Welcome @DavidLyons

Check out the amazing work of @othram, and WS members’ interactions with corresponding thread links, etc.

Here is a good starting point @DavidLyons: Recent Casework | Othram - A Revolution in Cold Case Resolution.

David
Hi David, I have a story of a verifiable case of solving my son’s murder (getting it prosecuted is another story!) feel free to contact me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back