MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 5 year old is a chatter - has been talking incessantly since she was able. :crazy: While she asks a lot of questions, I don't see a 4 year old asking questions about their past that would make an abductor uncomfortable unless it was a recen abduction. Birth certificate is interesting idea but they'd likely have another year or so before registering for school.

I do find it curious that there was no mention of a top. The inclusion of the blanket makes it feel personal to me. Like maybe it was a favorite of hers. I know it's possible it was used for transport but I'd like to think someone at least cared enough to wrap her in something soft and comforting.

I also find it interesting that they've yet to mention whether they think she was placed there or washed ashore. I tried looking for information on currents but didn't get terribly far.

CNN said this morning that "she was washed ashore."

I believe the photo of the child being circulated on TV is a composite rendering. Details like eye color or earrings could easily be off.

It is a composite, but they have stated that they know she has brown eyes. I think they would also be able to determine piercings, since she wasn't dead very long.

JMO, I don't think we are going to find this little lady on any missing persons list. I suspect she was never reported as such. Someone must recognize this child from the rendering. Someone has to :( I cannot conceive of her going into the rolls of the hundreds of unidentifieds. It is heartbreaking to contemplate.

Is there a database for missing Canadian children? Perhaps the girl is from Nova Scotia or another nearby territory and washed up on the shore in Boston.

edit: got to take a look thanks to Google. I got nothing.

there is a few & I went through them all when I first saw this thread

I remember during Casey Anthony's case I read several articles that gave a profile of when a mother murders her child/children and when a father murders his child/children and the stark differences.

These are the profile traits that I can remember.

Mother:

1. They tend to discard the body of their child above ground.
2. Often the child will be wrapped in a blanket. There may be toys present as well. Often the child may be found inside an outside bag like a garbage bag, etc or some other type of swaddling.
3. Often the child will be dressed in something the child liked to wear.
4. They often discard their child's body within a mile of where they and the child lived.
5. Moms more often murders by drowning the child or drugged/poisoned them or smothered them.
6. Children murdered by mothers are often found in areas around water.

Father:

1. The father tends to take the child/children's body miles away even hundreds of miles away from where the child/children lived.
2. The father often will bury the child/children deep in a wooded area instead of leaving them above ground.
3. Fathers are more likely to strangle the child or bludgeon them or physically do great bodily harm that results in death.
4. Fathers tend to not leave trinkets with the discarded murdered child.

Now we will see if this holds true in this case.

I hope this beautiful little angel is identified, and whoever did this to her, I hope they are punished to the fullest extent of the law.

Someone has to recognize this child. I am hoping the tips coming in will lead to an identity of this little girl and that will lead to her murderer. She hasn't been reported missing because the one who killed her did not want anyone to know.

I found this missing girl that I think the second image looks a lot like her. The first photo looks nothing like her second photo at all (I wouldn't guessed they were photos of the same girl) She went missing in Feb. assumed drowned. From Wyoming...I know it's over 2000 miles, but it is a straight run East on I-90. https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/27718/19 Chavelle Boshaw-Evans

that first and second image of Chavelle are so different. I agree the second image does resemble the rendering issued in this case. Goes to show how much children at that age are changing in their appearance as the mature and grow. Wish we knew which image of Chavelle was the most recent.

My 5 year old is a chatter - has been talking incessantly since she was able. :crazy: While she asks a lot of questions, I don't see a 4 year old asking questions about their past that would make an abductor uncomfortable unless it was a recen abduction. Birth certificate is interesting idea but they'd likely have another year or so before registering for school.

I do find it curious that there was no mention of a top. The inclusion of the blanket makes it feel personal to me. Like maybe it was a favorite of hers. I know it's possible it was used for transport but I'd like to think someone at least cared enough to wrap her in something soft and comforting.

I also find it interesting that they've yet to mention whether they think she was placed there or washed ashore. I tried looking for information on currents but didn't get terribly far.

IMO, the blanket being found with her is certainly an important piece of evidence LE has. It shows the killer had familiarity with the victim. Since she was found inside a plastic bag the blanket wasn't necessary but for some reason it was to the murderer. And I think it is because the murderer is a parent of this child since from what I have read there have been no abductions of a child her age in the area recently.

However; I do think it would be wise to check all recent child abductions across the nation that may have happened days before this little girl was found. We don't hear about all of them. Better to be thorough.

While I do believe family is involved in her death when a young child is kidnapped/abducted and later found to be murdered the research data drastically changes when it comes to the offender.

44% of the time the offender is a stranger to the child and 42% of the time it is done by a friend, neighbor or acquaintance. 14% of children who were abducted/then murdered were committed by a parent and most all of those cases were done by a non-custodial parent.

IMO

I found this missing girl that I think the second image looks a lot like her. The first photo looks nothing like her second photo at all (I wouldn't guessed they were photos of the same girl) She went missing in Feb. assumed drowned. From Wyoming...I know it's over 2000 miles, but it is a straight run East on I-90. https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/27718/19 Chavelle Boshaw-Evans

I am sure LE is trying to rule out cases like the one you mentioned.

It cant be her, imo. By now she would be unrecognizable due to decomposition. This little girl seems to have been murdered recently.

IMO

Have autopsy results been published? JMO

I believe the photo of the child being circulated on TV is a composite rendering. Details like eye color or earrings could easily be off.

I do believe the ME was able to obtain her true eye color, and if she was found with pierced earrings then of course that also would be correct.

Thank goodness in this case the little girl seems to have been deceased for 4-5 days before being found. It makes the MEs job much easier than if she had been found totally skeletonized.

Since he/she saw no outwards signs that would cause death I imagine its going to be a case involving drugs or poisoning.

Imo, the COD will be in the toxicology report although a child her age can be smothered without leaving bruises especially if she was drugged with something before going to sleep.

I think this will be another sad case of where a parent saw their precious child as a burden rather than a treasured gift.

IMO

I am sure LE is trying to rule out cases like the one you mentioned.

It cant be her, imo. By now she would be unrecognizable due to decomposition. This little girl seems to have been murdered recently.

IMO

she could've been kept alive until recently (father says she fell through the ice but something more nefarious could've happened)

I know it's a long shot but it is possible

IMO, the blanket being found with her is certainly an important piece of evidence LE has. It shows the killer had familiarity with the victim. Since she was found inside a plastic bag the blanket wasn't necessary but for some reason it was to the murderer. And I think it is because the murderer is a parent of this child since from what I have read there have been no abductions of a child her age in the area recently.

However; I do think it would be wise to check all recent child abductions across the nation that may have happened days before this little girl was found. We don't hear about all of them. Better to be thorough.

While I do believe family is involved in her death when a young child is kidnapped/abducted and later found to be murdered the research data drastically changes when it comes to the offender.

44% of the time the offender is a stranger to the child and 42% of the time it is done by a friend, neighbor or acquaintance. 14% of children who were abducted/then murdered were committed by a parent and most all of those cases were done by a non-custodial parent.

IMO

To follow your thoughts, oceanblueeyes, could the blanket be a sophisticated move, to cutout any trace evidence of a previous environment perhaps, like local hotels, someplace to worry about by somebody who knows what to worry about? So who would have to worry about that or take those measures, I mean what kind of mind, how could it be associated to this child left in a blanket in a plastic bag floating not too long after she perished in a place off the beaten track.

Any idea of how currents would have worked the days preceding, if she was in for about a week? Could flooding have washed her in from a shallow grave?

I agree that it may have been somebody with local familiarity, who may have wanted her found or not, but took care with how they did things or seem to have at least. Hopefully, LE will have more information to go on from the ME which may be telling of some more about this unclaimed unknown little girl.

I think it's possible to be any girl that went missing from birth and any time period after that so a missing girl at age 0 in 2009 to girl age 6 missing in 2015. So for some pervert to keep her alive for 4 months isn't out of the question. JMO

BBM

I do believe the ME was able to obtain her true eye color, and if she was found with pierced earrings then of course that also would be correct.

Thank goodness in this case the little girl seems to have been deceased for 4-5 days before being found. It makes the MEs job much easier than if she had been found totally skeletonized.

Since he/she saw no outwards signs that would cause death I imagine its going to be a case involving drugs or poisoning.

Imo, the COD will be in the toxicology report although a child her age can be smothered without leaving bruises especially if she was drugged with something before going to sleep.

I think this will be another sad case of where a parent saw their precious child as a burden rather than a treasured gift.

IMO

Or drowning. :( Or she was a shaken-baby.

The good news is that it's very likely the ME will be able to determine the COD with the body found so recently after death.

JMO

Sounds like suffocation, to me. Perhaps suffocated in the plastic bag and disposed of in the ocean? If no water in the lungs, she didn't drown. JMO

Sounds like suffocation, to me. Perhaps suffocated in the plastic bag and disposed of in the ocean? If no water in the lungs, she didn't drown. JMO

Do we know there was no water in lungs?

I'm thinking it was suffocation or shaken baby by a mom who recently regained custody or a young mom over her head with mothering. Whoever it was likely didn't have a close support system or the baby would be missing by family members. Or, the mom said she was "going away" for awhile so nobody is missing the little girl and mom yet. Pure speculation.

JMO.

This could be way off, but it could conceivably have been a tragic accident as in JonBenet...where parents cover up for one of the child's siblings....disgusting, I know. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blondeboricua