MA MA - Daniel ‘Fae’ Barbone, 40, Hanson, last seen in Williamstown, 7 Mar 2024

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
Fae-Barbone-and-car-031224.png

The Island Pond campsite referenced in the BOLO (an incredible distance from where the car was found)
Yes, it was indeed an incredible distance. Fae was last seen in Williamstown Ma and her car was found the same day in Augusta Maine. According to google, that drive is just shy of 5 hours (272 miles). By my driving it would be 4 and a half hours.

Was it Fae that drove her car all that way? Was it an attacker that drove all that way?
Do we know what Fae's mental state was at the time? (understanding that this does not eliminate possible crime against her)

Where are you Fae?

Last edited:
I don't think the car has been found. I think it was only spotted in Augusta, ME. Maybe by a passing license plate reader (just a guess)?
Says it was parked on a street in Augusta. Doesn't say whether or not it was recovered.
The Massachusetts State Police Instagram Facebook entry on the case, which should automatically update if there are any updates:
ETA: scrapped Instagram b/c of embedding problems, went with FB instead

Last edited:
Says it was parked on a street in Augusta. Doesn't say whether or not it was recovered.
The Massachusetts State Police Instagram Facebook entry on the case, which should automatically update if there are any updates:
ETA: scrapped Instagram b/c of embedding problems, went with FB instead
So the outstanding question is whether Fae actually made it as far as Augusta Maine.
And, if the car was found there by LE and retained.

Fae Morgana Barbone’s car was found near a remote hiking trail at the end of Berlin Road along the New York-Massachusetts border, NewsChannel 13’s media partners at The Berkshire Eagle reported.

The case got a major break at around 9 a.m. Tuesday, March 19, when someone reported a suspicious vehicle parked in Williamstown at the end of Berlin Road, a rural, isolated hiking area near the state line.

A check of the Ford Fiesta’s registration confirmed it belonged to Barbone, police said.

Due to the remote location and difficult terrain, Williamstown Police called in additional search crews to look for the woman, including New York and Massachusetts state police and environmental conservation police. Crews also used drones and a K-9 unit but found no sign of Barbone.

A “large presence” of law enforcement was back out in the area on Wednesday, March 20, police said. Residents were advised to avoid traveling to the end of Berlin Road due to a lack of parking or areas to turn around.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if they can get a warrant to search her cell phone activity? I'm sure that's going to take some time since she's an adult and police may think she's missing on her own accord. That's a huge gap in time from when she was last spotted or heard from. Wonder if she went to meet someone in Maine since they mentioned she spent time there.

The body of Fae Barbone, 40, who was last seen in Williamstown, Massachusetts, in March, was found just off the Taconic Crest Trail, which is not far from the Massachusetts border, in Berlin, New York, the Williamstown Police Department announced on Facebook on April 16.

“It's been confirmed that the remains are those of Fae Morgana Barbone, the missing person last seen in the area in early March, which prompted extensive searches over several days by multiple agencies,” the department wrote.

The body of Fae Barbone, 40, who was last seen in Williamstown, Massachusetts, in March, was found just off the Taconic Crest Trail, which is not far from the Massachusetts border, in Berlin, New York, the Williamstown Police Department announced on Facebook on April 16.

“It's been confirmed that the remains are those of Fae Morgana Barbone, the missing person last seen in the area in early March, which prompted extensive searches over several days by multiple agencies,” the department wrote.
Does anyone know how close the Taconic Crest Trail is to where her car was found?

Never mind, I googled, it looks like her car was left maybe at an access point for the trail? There's a point on the map marked 'Berlin Mt. Road Trail Access'.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JJ81
Back