MA MA - Dr. Margaret 'Peg' Kilcoyne, 50, Nantucket, 26 Jan 1980

The men called the police, and officers arrived to find the remains in a dense woodland area off Milestone Road near Philips Run swamp in Tom Nevers.

Yep, according to this article from 2021, the remains appear to be near the area where the items were found:

On February 3rd, just over a week after Kilcoyne vanished, Nantucketers David Cocker and Lisa Ladd were out running their dog along with two friends visiting from Cape Cod when they spotted something in the Philips Run swamp area east of Tom Nevers Road. Neatly piled at the edge of a clearing they found Kilcoyne’s passport, savings book, and sandals, along with her wallet containing a single one hundred dollar bill. The items were found in plain sight in an area about a mile northeast of Kilcoyne’s home that had already been thoroughly searched a week earlier.
Here's hoping this is her. I'm sure Peg's case is on the local PD's radar, especially with so recent an article published about her disappearance.

I’d never heard of this woman’s suspicious disappearance until now. It’s great that LE have continued to search for her. Amazing someone finally found her remains.

This article states there are two missing person cases near where the remains were found.
It's the most recent article I could find about the remains. Has anyone seen anything more recently?

The other case is Mary Macy. She had early onset Alzheimer's and apparently got lost while out for a walk in 2015, along the same road where the remains were found though from slightly farther away than where Dr. Kilcoyne disappeared.

I don't think she has a WS thread.

The other case is Mary Macy. She had early onset Alzheimer's and apparently got lost while out for a walk in 2015, along the same road where the remains were found though from slightly farther away than where Dr. Kilcoyne disappeared.

I don't think she has a WS thread.
Started thread..

Started thread..
Thank you! You're the best!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members