MA MA - Giovanni Colon-Gonzalez, 5, Lynn, 15 Aug 2008

Happy Birthday, daring Giovanni - Wherever you are, know that you are loved and looked for, and we hope to reunite you with your beloved family soon,:blowkiss: little one...

Thanks so much, Piglitsmum!:blowkiss: This little guy has certainly stolen my heart! I, too, would like to wish him a happy birthday; along with prayers that he will be back with his mama soon!!!

Gonzalez trial continued again until next month

The case against Ernesto L. Gonzalez, the Lynn father charged with parental kidnapping and willfully misleading a person in the investigation involving the disappearance of his 5-year-old son, was continued again Tuesday in Salem Superior Court until next month due to the unavailability of the prosecutor.

Assistant District Attorney Meg Morrisey informed Judge Timothy Q. Feeley that the case had to be continued because prosecutor Jean M. Curran is currently on trial in Lawrence Superior Court on another criminal case.

The case was continued until June 9 at which time Curran is expected to turn over additional police reports and preliminary trial information to defense lawyer Lawrence J. McGuire.

In the meantime, Gonzalez remains held without bail at the Middleton Jail.

http://www.thedailyitemoflynn.com/articles/2009/05/06/news/news18.txt

Well, I tried not to post a comment about Giovanni receiving no mention on his birthday.....but failed. Sure hope the comments about justice were for Giovanni. :confused:

Bless you little Giovanni - I think of you often and hold you close in my prayers. I pray that you will be home with your mom soon and that in the meantime you are safe and sound.

May the angels watch over you!

Salem

Giovanni fund, hotline established

"I can feel that he is out there and that someone is holding him captive, because I have that sense, that feeling, that something is wrong," she said. "I was sitting on my bed the other day and I could feel that he was out there, crying. Not knowing is the worst thing that can happen to a person, especially a mother."

http://www.itemlive.com/articles/2009/06/01/news/news01.txt

I read capoly's post in the Jody King thread and I had to come here to let capoly and nursebeeme know that "man - I love you guys (and your dandelion fluff)".

Giovanni - we are still looking for you and praying that you are home soon, little guy. If you can, please try to send us a whisper or some dandelion fluff and we will come looking for you.

Salem

I read capoly's post in the Jody King thread and I had to come here to let capoly and nursebeeme know that "man - I love you guys (and your dandelion fluff)".

Giovanni - we are still looking for you and praying that you are home soon, little guy. If you can, please try to send us a whisper or some dandelion fluff and we will come looking for you.

Salem

Love you too, Salem.....did laugh when I read your request of Giovanni to send some fluff....I opened the car window to try an grab some fluff and nearly rammed the car in front of me. There can be hundreds of those fluffs but you try to grab one and it's like their coated in butter lol.

I cannot imagine the anguish this poor woman must go through on a daily basis. How frustrating to not have any idea where your child is and to have to worry how they are being treated (if even alive). Constant prayers for Daisy and so much hope that little Gio will come home healthy to her!

The dark mystery of a missing boy

THE WHOLE WORLD knows the story of a delusional man who called himself Clark Rockefeller and kidnapped his daughter from a high-end Boston neighborhood.

Someone, somewhere in the world, must know what happened to Giovanni Gonzalez, a 5-year-old boy who was last seen with his father last August in Lynn. The father told a Globe reporter he killed his son, but refuses to talk about it to law enforcement authorities.

More: http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/e...2009/06/14/the_dark_mystery_of_a_missing_boy/

From your link, Idaho, bolded by me:

"Trash bins were searched. Police helicopters flew over the area with infra-red cameras. Police dogs sniffed assorted bodies of water. Based on scripture quoted by Gonzalez, police searched nearby cemeteries. A new batch of specimens was recently sent out for DNA testing, and if it comes back positive Gonzalez is expected to be charged with murder."

The article was written June 14th, 2009. I'm sending a thank you email to the reporter and asking if the DNA results are back.

Thank you for keeping Giovanni in the forefront.

Salem

ETA: The reporter has responded already (like 2 minutes :)). She is going to check on the new DNA results. Idaho - Thank YOU!!!

I told her I would watch the Boston Globe site for an update. So far, nothing....

Salem

Here is the letter I sent her. I'll let everyone know if I hear anything back, as well.

janiekay:(

Dear Ms. Vennochi,

I just wanted to let you know that I also care about what has happened to little Giovanni. It is a travisty that his disappearance continues to be overshadowed by other cases deemed more "newsworthy" by some. First, his disappearance was overshadowed by the Caylee Anthony case in Orlando. Then, it is overshadowed by the "Rockefeller" kidnapping. In addition, Giovanni's case never even made the national news or even daily news in the MA area papers, even though his disappearance was very similar to what happened to Caylee. I can not even imagine the anguish that Daisy Colon goes through on a daily basis. Even the missing child foundations, like Texas Equisearch, have not treated this case fairly. I totally agree with you in that the world should care about EVERY missing child, not just cases with a pretty mom or a rich family or a celebrities child. WHAT is WRONG with people???

Again, thank you for keeping Giovanni's story alive. There is a chance that he is still alive, as the police have found no evidence to the contrary. You did mention that some new specimans were sent in for testing in June. Have the results come back yet??? If not, when are they expected???

I will continue to pray for Giovanni and his mother, that he is found, alive and healthy, until I hear evidence to the contrary.

Sincerely,

Jane K Newton
Brandon, WI

DNA testing expected to delay Gonzalez trial
In Salem Superior Court Wednesday morning, Assistant District Attorney Jean M. Curran told Judge Jack T. Lu that the state has already sent some of the DNA specimens for examination to CellMark Diagnostic Laboratories in Texas, but more are expected to be sent there, which she said will take time.
Curran did not elaborate on what exactly was sent.
http://www.thedailyitemoflynn.com/articles/2009/08/06/news/news05.txt

Prosecutors: Additional search was conducted in Lynn dealing with Ernesto Gonzalez
Assistant District Attorney Jean M. Curran said in court that authorities recently conducted another search in Lynn but she would not elaborate on the search, only to say it was in Lynn. Details of the search filed in Lynn District court have been impounded.
http://www.itemlive.com/articles/2009/07/29/updates/doc4a707cdf9738e352000921.txt

Missing boy's mother speaks out as one-year anniversary of disappearance
LYNN - Knowing she could hear the worst news ever about her child, Daisy Colon is resolutely hoping for the best in her determination to find her son, Giovanni, alive.
http://www.itemlive.com/articles/2009/08/02/news/news01.txt

The dark mystery of a missing boy

THE WHOLE WORLD knows the story of a delusional man who called himself Clark Rockefeller and kidnapped his daughter from a high-end Boston neighborhood.

Someone, somewhere in the world, must know what happened to Giovanni Gonzalez, a 5-year-old boy who was last seen with his father last August in Lynn.
The father told a Globe reporter he killed his son, but refuses to talk about it to law enforcement authorities.

More: http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/e...2009/06/14/the_dark_mystery_of_a_missing_boy/
[mybold]

Bears repeating......Someone, somewhere in the world, must know what happened......

God forgive me but this is one case where I can see the value of, and would not be opposed to, some good old-fashioned torture!

I've been on vacation the last two weeks and don't think I'll ever get caught up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ulanov911
Back