Found Deceased MA - Jaimee Mendez, 25, Swampscott, 6 Nov 2014 - #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stopped following this case awhile ago because I disagreed with the way the sleuthing was taking place. I am sorry to see this news today but glad to know this will bring some closure to her family.

Has JF yet been named a POI or suspect?

Oh gosh, very sad news. Rest peacefully Jaimee, and may your loved ones find comfort in the days to come.

:rose:

Once again I don't want her death to be meaningless. All of these cruel and unnecessary (suicide and accidental) deaths has to have some sort of meaning. I know I tend to be a dreamer, but I just pray that something comes from this. Maybe some sort of anti domestic violence law or something. I know this is the world that we live in, but our mortality is what defines us. Death is part of the truth of our existence so while we are here, make the best of it. Life is so precious.

Once again I don't want her death to be meaningless. All of these cruel and unnecessary (suicide and accidental) deaths has to have some sort of meaning. I know I tend to be a dreamer, but I just pray that something comes from this. Maybe some sort of anti domestic violence law or something. I know this is the world that we live in, but our mortality is what defines us. Death is part of the truth of our existence so while we are here, make the best of it. Life is so precious.

I don't believe any death is meaningless. Tragic, painful, senseless, brutal, etc.? Yes, yes indeed but never meaningless. There is always something good (awareness of an issue, compassionate people, being more astute of our surroundings, talking to our kids - the list can literally be a mile long) that can come from something wicked and evil, such as taking the innocent life of a person. Even if we don't see it right away, even if it's months or years later, there is always something to be learned when a loved one passes.

These circumstances remind and reaffirm that the truth eventually will be exposed. If we learn anything from this, it should be to listen to what Jaimee revealed in her phone call for help. She knew what was coming at the hands of JF. He needs to face charges. Hopefully, Jaimee's death can save many others from the same fate. IMO MOO

:rose: RIP Jaimee. We have all had faith that you would be found but it still breaks my heart that this was how. I have followed the families FB pages and they knew in their hearts this was you. For the family I send my most heart felt condolences. I pray for closure and also justice.

:rose:

I sure hope LE in VA is keeping a close eye on JF in case this does turn out to be Jaimee. If he's responsible, he already knows the likelihood of this being her body. And, if that's the case, I wouldn't be surprised if he suddenly vanishes now that the body has surfaced.

I just don't understand why he was NEVER a named POI with LE! :pullhair: Sorry I'm on the west coast but who and why are the authorities there so stuck on HUSH? There have been too many missing as well as too many multiple remains found recently.

Sorry...I'm just feeling a lot of emotions so excuse my rant :facepalm:

Thanks be to Mother Nature for bringing Jaimee home.

I stopped following this case awhile ago because I disagreed with the way the sleuthing was taking place. I am sorry to see this news today but glad to know this will bring some closure to her family.

Has JF yet been named a POI or suspect?

I stopped as well for the same reasons.

And no, no POI.

I know this is not the outcome any family wants. I know first hand how awful it feels to have someone taken away so young and tragically . My niece Tawni Mazzone was found after 9 years. I live here in Swampscott and know some of her family members. I'm sure that having some closure will help the family heal. Thinking about all of her family during this difficult time.

"The remains, which were found near two lobster pots, were transported to the OCME in Boston. Investigators brought Jaimee Mendez's dental records to the OCME yesterday. The identification was made through dental records earlier this afternoon"

http://www.itemlive.com/news/human-...cle_c34faa12-a8d3-11e4-9bef-fb550b2ebec0.html

Not sure how important that is right now but it might be.

:cow:

I'm sure this is a dumb question, but why would a lobster pot be outside?

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...ssing-woman/MP0lLmY6QCprYVKYNIRMNL/story.html

<snip>
BBM

"she called two friends to pick her up, saying she was with a registered Level 3 sex offender and he was making her nervous."

"A cellphone and clothing believed to be hers were found on Technology Way in Salem, and sneakers believed to be hers were found in a CVS dumpster in Lynn, just blocks from the sex offender’s home, according to her family and authorities."

"The Globe has not named the sex offender because he has not been charged with a crime. "

"A law enforcement official with knowledge of the investigation said authorities consider the sex offender a suspect.
The sex offender could not be reached for comment Friday. "

The GLOB will not name the RSO because he has not been charged with a crime, yet the GLOB also reports that authorities consider him a suspect. It's no secret I don't like the Boston Glob, but if their competitors can name him what is this 'higher Standard' the GLOB holds themselves up to?

http://www.wcvb.com/news/jason-fleury-speaks-about-missing-swampscott-mother-jaimee-mendez/29709426
http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/27354233/missing-woman-from-lynn-has-been-found

I am stumped as to why this Registered Sex Offender is not in custody - I am sure he has at least spit on the street.... Illegally dumped his carpet in a dumpster he didn't own... something?

ETA: Why did JF need a "go between" with the dealer?
http://www.wcvb.com/news/jason-fleury-speaks-about-missing-swampscott-mother-jaimee-mendez/29709426

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...ssing-woman/MP0lLmY6QCprYVKYNIRMNL/story.html

<snip>
BBM

"she called two friends to pick her up, saying she was with a registered Level 3 sex offender and he was making her nervous."

"A cellphone and clothing believed to be hers were found on Technology Way in Salem, and sneakers believed to be hers were found in a CVS dumpster in Lynn, just blocks from the sex offender’s home, according to her family and authorities."

"The Globe has not named the sex offender because he has not been charged with a crime. "

"A law enforcement official with knowledge of the investigation said authorities consider the sex offender a suspect.
The sex offender could not be reached for comment Friday. "

The GLOB will not name the RSO because he has not been charged with a crime, yet the GLOB also reports that authorities consider him a suspect. It's no secret I don't like the Boston Glob, but if their competitors can name him what is this 'higher Standard' the GLOB holds themselves up to?

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/27354233/missing-woman-from-lynn-has-been-found

I am stumped as to why this Registered Sex Offender is not in custody - I am sure he has at least spit on the street.... Illegally dumped his carpet in a dumpster he didn't own... something?

I have a hard time believing what any of these media outlets report regarding what was said or found because they keep changing the wording around. First it was "this guy" and now it's "a registered Level 3 sex offender". I'm sure she didn't say to her friend "I'm with this level 3 sex offender and..." And I agree. It's a little too late to try and be all secretive about his identity now.

And I thought the go between was supposed to be because it was someone Jaimee knew, not him. Maybe drug dealers don't like to deal with people they don't know...? Who knows. Who even knows if the drug deal actually happened or not....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DryHeat77