MA MA - Molly Bish, 16, Warren, 27 Jun 2000

June 6 2023

“I don’t think our State Police are opposed to talking to other DNA experts, but we use the best in the country,” DA Early told us.

Meanwhile, investigators said that Frank Sumner, who died in 2016, remains a primary suspect in this case, but Heather is asking for more transparency.

“We’re never going to go to trial if this guy is dead, so there’s no jeopardy of a case,” she said, “and certainly not if the district attorney is calling someone a suspect when there hasn’t even been any evidence brought forward and charged somebody.”

As this case remains ongoing, the Worcester County DA’s Office encourages anyone with information about the Molly Bish case to call the anonymous tip line at 508-453-7585.''

One of the most important questions I have about this case is "Why did the white car first choose to try to abduct Molly Bish through the Commins Pond Parking Lot?" Sand truck driver said on the day of the abduction, June 27, 2000, a white car was spotted in the Commins Pond Parking Lot moments before Molly and her mother arrived. Was that somebody in the white car who went to the beach that morning a little before 10 am a local resident who saw the sand truck and thought the beach was closed so they turned around and left? If it was the abductor in the white car, why would they only arrive a few minutes before Molly Bish and her mother? Would it not have been smarter to arrive at around 9:45am before her mother arrived and be out of the car and down by the beach pretending to be fishing or reading or smoking a cigarette after what happened the day before(the stare down between the man in the white car and Molly's mother Maggie).

If you tried to think like the abductor in this case and you scouted the land area around the Commins Pond beach and had the choice of abducting Molly Bish through the Commins Pond Parking lot or the secluded tree path leading up to the isolated part of St. Paul cemetery, which path would you choose first to leave after the abduction? You cannot see other cars arriving in the Commins Pond parking lot from where the abduction took place on the beach. The part of St. Paul's Cemetery where the white car was parked is a secluded back part of the cemetery.

Then there are Molly Bish's sandals and backpack. The right sandal is facing the woods. The backpack is on the bench behind where Molly Bish set up her lawn chair. Molly would have been walking back and forth between the lawn chair and the backpack. Could someone approach Molly Bish coming down from the woods and she would not see them in her peripheral vision?

If the white car left out through the cemetery paths, did police find any tire tracks where the car left the path temporarily. The paths in St. Paul's Cemetery look narrow. Were police able to confirm Molly Bish was abducted out of St. Paul's Cemetery behind Commins Pond?

Were Molly Bish's fingerprints found on the water bottle? If someone planned this crime and was wearing gloves they might have knocked the water bottle out of her hand when they abducted her and then picked it up to place in the right sandal to make it look like everything was ok. There is a surveillance video of Molly Bish's hand gripping the water bottle when Molly and her mother went to the gas station convenience store that morning. Were all of Molly Bish's fingerprints undisturbed on the water bottle? I know it is unlikely the abductor touched the water bottle, but you never know.

A new set of eyes on this case would probably be a good idea because other than the DNA testing, I do not know where you go from here in a case like this. Hopefully someday this case can be solved.

There are so many questions I have about this case so I theorize about what I think might be possible.

Was Molly Bish's backpack open when she was abducted? I am assuming it was as she was setting up for her lifeguard job that day and had yet to make the police radio call or put on the whistle. She would not have closed the backpack yet as she was not fully setup.

Did Molly Bish drink out of the Poland Springs water bottle found in the right heel of her sandal? I am assuming she did drink from it as it would explain another aspect of the crime, looking at the hill behind her yet nothing else is removed from the backpack. In order to remain still as the abductor/murderer approached right as she put the water bottle in her right sandal, she probably had a drink from the water bottle while looking at the hillside before putting the water bottle in the right heel of the sandal. I think we can safely assume that at whatever point the water bottle was put in the right sandal heel was the point when Molly had her sandals off.

Was the murderer out on the beach waiting for Molly Bish to arrive? If it was the person in the white car, and if Molly's mother Maggie had gone out on the beach the previous day, then I am assuming the murderer was not waiting out on the beach because they would risk running into her mother.

The timing is the unique part about this case. If the abductor/murderer came from the cemetery area behind Commins Pond, I was surprised the abduction took place near the chair, sandals, and first aid kit and not the bench with the backpack. It was always possible she had taken off the sandals earlier and walked around barefoot, but most people if they are walking between two points, a lawn chair and a backpack on the bench, I think are going to keep grabbing things from the backpack for the lifeguard setup. Yet if you see someone or someone is yelling for help while coming down a hill, I think most people are going to walk towards the person who needs help or at least get closer to see what is going on. I would have expected the abduction to happen closer to the bench with the backpack for this reason if the person approached Molly and pretended to need help.
How would you know what type of first aid help they need, whether a band-aid for a cut or something more serious without first talking to them? Was the first aid kit opened by Molly Bish? I always thought the first thing a lifeguard is supposed to do once they get permission to treat an injury is to put on latex gloves found in the first aid kit. Then you grab whatever you need to treat the injury.

Whatever type of fake injury the abductor used, it might not have been a cut that required a band aid as potentially leaving their blood at the crime scene might not be that smart. Maybe the abductor faked some other type of injury? Or maybe there was no fake injury at all?

The only thing that is certain(in my opinion) is that according to the crime scene, Molly Bish was abducted after she took off her sandals, but before she grabbed the next item out of her backpack on the bench. Or she decided to sit down at that moment for some reason. But in the crime scene photo, it looks like something is placed on the seat of the lawn chair so she could not have sat down either. It maybe takes a few seconds to walk between the lawn chair and the backpack on the bench.

I suppose it is possible the abductor/murderer came down from the cemetery and met Molly Bish near where the bench and backpack were located closer to the hill. Molly then learned what injury it was and led this person back to where the first aid kit was near the lawn chair so she could retrieve whatever aid was required. It was then at that point that the abduction happened. That is a possibility.

Maybe the answer is Molly Bish took off her sandals placing the water bottle in the right heel and then decided to check the first aid kit supplies. The abductor approached while she was barefoot checking the first aid kit and took her. This is probably what happened.

Analyzing all the little details in this case is interesting, even if it does not prove anything.

The shortest distance between two points is usually a straight line. Out at Commins Pond Beach, was it farther in terms of time and distance to walk from Molly Bish's lifeguard lawn chair to the Commins Pond Parking Lot or from Molly Bish's lifeguard lawn chair to the path in the cemetery where the white car was parked?

Supposedly, 11 people failed lie detector tests in this case. I wonder if one of the questions was whether or not the person saw a white car? White cars seem so common, in my opinion. I think a person could answer no to a question like that but subconsciously be wrong because we see white cars every day but do not remember them. But if the person answered no to the question and believed they had not seen a white car, my guess is that the lie detector test would read that as being a truthful answer?

In my opinion, because of the lack of witnesses and physical evidence, this was always a tough case to solve right from the moment of the day that it happened. So many years later, it seems like an even tougher case to solve. Sometimes cases take a long time to get solved, but in this case I think people would like to see it solved someday soon.

Supposedly, 11 people failed lie detector tests in this case. I wonder if one of the questions was whether or not the person saw a white car? White cars seem so common, in my opinion. I think a person could answer no to a question like that but subconsciously be wrong because we see white cars every day but do not remember them. But if the person answered no to the question and believed they had not seen a white car, my guess is that the lie detector test would read that as being a truthful answer?

Snipped by me - that's correct, the lie detector cannot detect absolute truths that even the person answering does not know, nor can it read minds. So in your scenario, a person who saw a white car but has forgotten or truly does not know they did and answers "no," is answering truthfully or a better way to put it, without deception.

I don't put much stock at all into who did and didn't "fail" a lie detector in this case. They aren't really detecting the truth - that's not the point. They are a tool that LE use to manipulate people during interrogations. It is more important to police whether or not you agreed to take one, than what the "result" is. Once you've taken one, LE has the advantage that they "know" whether you passed or failed and you do not. So they can use that info when they question you to figure out if your behavior is that of a normal person, or possibly a suspicious person. They can tell you that you failed, or tell you that you passed (and they can completely lie about it), and use your response to figure out if they should continue to investigate you. A lie detector is not going to "clear" anyone and it's not going to convict anyone. It's more about how you react to taking one and what you do afterwards. IMO

I am guessing Molly Bish had a watch when she was abducted. I wondered how punctual she was with doing her radio check to the police station?

Supposedly, according to another investigative program, On the Case with Paula Zahn, Molly Bish was abducted in only 3 minutes. A kid on their bike was the first to arrive at the pond that morning and knows it was exactly 10am am due to their watch beeping. Yet the video surveillance of Molly and her mother leaving the gas station was 9:51am and I think they still had to pick up the police radio from the police station.

That is the truly amazing part about this case to me. Molly Bish was able to get out of the car, walk with all that stuff in her hands down to the beach, put the backpack on the bench, set up the lawn chair, open the bookbag to get the towel out to drape over the chair, and get her water bottle out(to drink some I assume). Then she took off her sandals and put the water bottle in the right sandal before someone approached her, probably faking an injury according to the open first aid kit found at the scene.

I wonder, with the first aid kit bag on one side of her chair, and the sandal with the water bottle on the other side of her chair, where she was going to put the bookbag with her other stuff in it? Maybe she leaves it in the bench area when she lifeguards or she puts it behind her lawn chair?

I wonder what the police would say about previous days when it came to the radio check in time? How did her brother train her when to make the radio check in? There are so many questions in this case that I know will not be answered, but it is interesting to ask them anyhow.

I know I am a little long with my explanations in this case, but there is a reason the timing of the white car is so amazing to me. Maybe I have my facts wrong, but let's start with two timing facts(even though I do not know if the clocks in this case are correct). The two facts are these:

1. Molly Bish and her mother are on the surveillance tape at the gas station at 9:51am.
2. The kid on the bike arrives at 10 am and does not see anyone on the beach as his/her watch beeps at 10 am.

After the gas station, Molly and her mother stop at the police station to pick up the two way radio. Unfortunately, I cannot go to Warren, MA and use a stopwatch to see approximately how long it would take to do this stuff before I arrive at Commins Pond Parking lot. But trying to estimate, at least 5 minutes is a guess. If it takes longer it makes what I am trying to explain even more amazing.

I think most people would agree that if a sand truck comes to deliver sand, it delivers the sand. It does not sit around waiting, but there is always that possibility. According to what I read Molly and her mother were watching the truck deliver sand when they arrived. I do not know exactly what this means, watching the truck deliver sand, but my guess would be it means they were watching the sand comes out of the back gate as the container part was lifting into the air causing the sand to come out onto the ground. That is all I have been able to get out of the sand truck story. The point is that if a white car came into the Commins Pond Parking lot, it could not have been more than a minute or two before the truck started delivering sand, if again we assume the truck came into the lot and started it's delivery right away. Let's assume that if Molly and her mother arrived at 9:56am, that means the white car had come into the parking lot at 9:54am, realized a sand truck was there, and then drove over to St. Paul Cemetery where they then had to get out and go down the hill to Molly's spot on the beach. Is it possible to do this all in 5 minutes? The abductor has to do this in 5 minutes to get to Molly by 9:59am.

Now consider the kid on the bike stating that at 10 am no one was on the beach. I think most people would agree that even if this abductor abducted Molly Bish at 9:59 am and took her up the hill slope to the car waiting on the cemetery path, they would have immediately left once they got her to the car putting that at about 10:01 am.

Everything above is the problem with relying on media information. Something has to be off with the timing, and I know there are many criticisms people can come up with.

This is why I thought it was so remarkable the abductor in this case was the person in the white car.

Is this the idea you are getting at somequestions?

1. Molly and her mom were seen on camera at a gas station at 9:51am.
2. A kid noticed an empty beach at 10am.

After the gas station, they grabbed a radio. Let's guess this took about 5 minutes?

By the time they arrived, a truck was already dumping sand. So, if a white car was involved, it must've been there shortly before.

Key points:

- If someone took Molly, it likely happened around 9:59am.
- This makes the white car's timing very suspicious.

Is this the idea you are getting at somequestions?

1. Molly and her mom were seen on camera at a gas station at 9:51am.
2. A kid noticed an empty beach at 10am.

After the gas station, they grabbed a radio. Let's guess this took about 5 minutes?

By the time they arrived, a truck was already dumping sand. So, if a white car was involved, it must've been there shortly before.

Key points:

- If someone took Molly, it likely happened around 9:59am.
- This makes the white car's timing very suspicious.
Yes, that is the idea I was getting at.

There are many variables that could change though. For example, was the clock at the convenience store and the watch the kid on the bike wore correct?

From the videos I watched of sand trucks delivering sand, once they start lifting the container, it takes about 2-3 minutes, even if they are spreading the sand while moving the truck. This is an estimate and the time to deliver sand might be different for this sand truck driver and this sand truck.

I do not know anything about time estimations without actually going to Warren, MA and testing this out myself.

There was a video maybe 6 years ago where Molly's mother, Maggie Bish, did a voiceover talking about that day and her daughter's life. At one point in the video I think she said that when her and Molly arrived at the Commins Pond parking lot that day, they "watched as the sand fell gently to the ground, Molly and mom for the last time." I assumed this meant the sand truck had the container raised and sand was coming out of the gate at the back.

I took 9:51 and added 5 minutes for Molly and her mother to get the police radio and arrive at the beach at 9:56am. I minused 2 minutes assuming that when Molly and her mother arrived the sand truck had only arrived at the beach parking lot 2 minutes before if the truck immediately went to dump sand. This puts the white car leaving Commins Pond parking lot at 9:54am. I estimated and added 3 minutes for the white car to drive over to St. Paul's Cemetery, park on the path in back, and 2 minutes for the abductor to walk down to where Molly Bish had her lifeguard stuff set up and quickly abduct her at 9:59 am before the kid on the bike with the watch arrived at the beach had the watch beep at 10 am.

Abductions happen in very short periods of time. But the white car in this case could not have been at St. Paul's Cemetery any longer than 10:01 am if it takes 2 minutes to walk back to the white car on the path in the cemetery and the abduction happened at 9:59 am.

If Molly leaves the car in the parking lot at 9:56am, then to haul all that stuff she had with her to the beach and set up would probably take at least 2 minutes(estimation again). This puts Molly Bish on the beach at 9:58am.

The one thing we know for sure is that the abductor could not have arrived earlier than 9:58 am on the beach to abduct Molly Bish if she is not there yet. I think the timing of Molly Bish's abduction is remarkable if the kid's watch that beeps at 10 am is correct. The abduction had to happen within a minute or two of that kid on the bike arriving at the beach at 10am.

Yes, that is the idea I was getting at.

There are many variables that could change though. For example, was the clock at the convenience store and the watch the kid on the bike wore correct?

From the videos I watched of sand trucks delivering sand, once they start lifting the container, it takes about 2-3 minutes, even if they are spreading the sand while moving the truck. This is an estimate and the time to deliver sand might be different for this sand truck driver and this sand truck.

I do not know anything about time estimations without actually going to Warren, MA and testing this out myself.

There was a video maybe 6 years ago where Molly's mother, Maggie Bish, did a voiceover talking about that day and her daughter's life. At one point in the video I think she said that when her and Molly arrived at the Commins Pond parking lot that day, they "watched as the sand fell gently to the ground, Molly and mom for the last time." I assumed this meant the sand truck had the container raised and sand was coming out of the gate at the back.

I took 9:51 and added 5 minutes for Molly and her mother to get the police radio and arrive at the beach at 9:56am. I minused 2 minutes assuming that when Molly and her mother arrived the sand truck had only arrived at the beach parking lot 2 minutes before if the truck immediately went to dump sand. This puts the white car leaving Commins Pond parking lot at 9:54am. I estimated and added 3 minutes for the white car to drive over to St. Paul's Cemetery, park on the path in back, and 2 minutes for the abductor to walk down to where Molly Bish had her lifeguard stuff set up and quickly abduct her at 9:59 am before the kid on the bike with the watch arrived at the beach had the watch beep at 10 am.

Abductions happen in very short periods of time. But the white car in this case could not have been at St. Paul's Cemetery any longer than 10:01 am if it takes 2 minutes to walk back to the white car on the path in the cemetery and the abduction happened at 9:59 am.

If Molly leaves the car in the parking lot at 9:56am, then to haul all that stuff she had with her to the beach and set up would probably take at least 2 minutes(estimation again). This puts Molly Bish on the beach at 9:58am.

The one thing we know for sure is that the abductor could not have arrived earlier than 9:58 am on the beach to abduct Molly Bish if she is not there yet. I think the timing of Molly Bish's abduction is remarkable if the kid's watch that beeps at 10 am is correct. The abduction had to happen within a minute or two of that kid on the bike arriving at the beach at 10am.

But do we know for sure that the white car which might have been seen by the sand truck driver on the day of the abduction is the same white car seen the day before by Molly's mom?

White is a fairly common color for a car.

Do we even know that the sand truck driver's memory is accurate? I follow another case where a witness supposedly saw a specific red truck on a certain day. If their memory is accurate, it changes everything about the case. But later investigators had to admit, it could have been a different day. Human memory is just that fallible.

If the white car "seen" on the day of the abduction has nothing to do with the event, then the abductor's vehicle could have been parked at the cemetery for any amount of time...and suddenly this "puzzle" of the time to drop sand and the time to pick up a police radio is unimportant.

So, it would be interesting to know what investigators think about the white car sighting from the day of the abduction. Does LE think it's accurate that the abductor entered the parking lot again the second day?

If I wanted to abduct a victim, and I'd been stared down by the victim's mom the day before (meaning, there was a good chance she saw details of my car and face), AND I was familiar enough with the area to know that there was a cemetery nearby that afforded access to the lifeguard on the beach, there's no way I'm driving back to the parking lot on the day I decide to go through with the abduction.

I do not even know if any of the time estimations I wrote are correct. I only wonder about questions associated with this case.

Could the abductor hear the reverse beeping of the sand truck from the cemetery path? I do not know if that truck had a reverse beeping system. I only know how long to estimate a truck dumping sand from a youtube video too.

Abductions can happen in a very short period of time. The person or persons in the various white cars never came forward as far as I know. But I thought in this case it was remarkable how many people saw white cars in what appears to be such a short period of time.

But do we know for sure that the white car which might have been seen by the sand truck driver on the day of the abduction is the same white car seen the day before by Molly's mom?

White is a fairly common color for a car.

Do we even know that the sand truck driver's memory is accurate? I follow another case where a witness supposedly saw a specific red truck on a certain day. If their memory is accurate, it changes everything about the case. But later investigators had to admit, it could have been a different day. Human memory is just that fallible.

If the white car "seen" on the day of the abduction has nothing to do with the event, then the abductor's vehicle could have been parked at the cemetery for any amount of time...and suddenly this "puzzle" of the time to drop sand and the time to pick up a police radio is unimportant.

So, it would be interesting to know what investigators think about the white car sighting from the day of the abduction. Does LE think it's accurate that the abductor entered the parking lot again the second day?

If I wanted to abduct a victim, and I'd been stared down by the victim's mom the day before (meaning, there was a good chance she saw details of my car and face), AND I was familiar enough with the area to know that there was a cemetery nearby that afforded access to the lifeguard on the beach, there's no way I'm driving back to the parking lot on the day I decide to go through with the abduction.
I think you have raised some interesting points. I think somequestions has as well. Pure speculation here, but for brainstorming purposes, if you take the small time increments and the distances being in other areas of the pond and the nearby cemetery precluding having enough time to do whatever happened. well could there have been 2 involved, the pond parking lot and the cemetery considering both intersect at the lifeguard chair.

Some brainstorming scenarios:

1. Two abductors- It is hard to think this is possible due to the timing. If it were two abductors, then you imagine they would meet at the car wash area at the top of Commins Pond Road. One would drive to the Commins Pond parking lot and the other would go to St. Paul's Cemetery path to approach from the cemetery area. The only reason I think this is not possible is because of the sand truck and Molly Bish's car. If the first abductor came into the Commins Pond parking lot and saw any of those two vehicles, I think they would have turned around and left. By the time they reached the second abductor in St. Paul's Cemetery, that person would have already been down the hill approaching Molly Bish wondering where the other abductor is.

2. The white car in St. Paul's Cemetery means nothing to the case- This scenario really only works if Molly Bish was not abducted through St. Paul's Cemetery. If the white car was already there parked at the back of St. Paul's Cemetery, it would take a very brazen abductor to park somewhere nearby and still go through with the abduction using the path leading to St. Paul's Cemetery. Even if the white car arrived to the path after the abductor went down the hill to abduct Molly Bish from the beach, when they came back up the hill with Molly Bish not wearing shoes, then I think the moment they could see the white car through the trees, they would have gone a different route to get Molly Bish out of the cemetery. There does look to be some type of lot next to the cemetery. Maybe the abductor parked there? The person in the white car would have to be an innocent person who was only there to maybe place flowers or walk around the cemetery.

3. Molly Bish was abducted into a canoe or by someone who walked to Commins Pond that day- These two ideas are rather extreme, but have to be considered. If somehow she was abducted into a canoe or fishing boat, then the idea would be to take her directly to the abductor's home along Commins Pond. How many homes are connected to Commins Pond directly once you leave Commins Pond Beach?

If it was someone who walked to Commins Pond beach and was already there before the sand truck driver and Molly Bish's car arrived, then they would still have to wait for her to walk over to the beach to set up her stuff. I would put that at 9:58am if she arrived in parking lot at 9:56 am since her and her mother are on the gas station surveillance video picking up water at 9:51am. If she was abducted with a weapon and told to walk up the hill, she would have to avoid the white car just like her abductor. Maybe she thinks the white car is help too and tries to get away from the abductor? Then there are the items that were already set up on the beach. Does an abductor who already had 24 hours to think about committing the crime(if it was the man in the white car from the day before) really wait while Molly Bish puts backpack on bench, unfolds beach lawn chair, put a towel over the chair, opens the first aid kit, get some water to drink, and take off her sandals before approaching her. Do they still go through with it on a day where they might be able to hear the beeping of the sand truck backing up if the place they are going to abduct her back to is a home nearby on Commins Pond Road that they have to walk to?

I wonder how accurate the kid on the bike was who said he arrived at 10 am? The kid said his watch beeped at exactly 10 am and Molly Bish was already gone. Nobody was on the beach.

Till this day, I still have trouble understanding what exactly happened after Molly Bish got out of the car on June 27, 2000. Most of the time, the narrative is that she got out of the car and went over to the storage shed to retrieve her lifeguard equipment. My guess is that this storage shed is the light green looking structure in the parking lot. Also, I wonder whether or not the sand truck driver had already got done dropping the sand and left before Molly Bish was dropped off and got out of the car? In the 48 hours episode, that episode gives the impression no other vehicles were in the parking lot when Molly Bish was dropped off. However, in the Unsolved Mysteries episode, that episode gives the impression that the sand truck driver was still there.

I suppose, like so many other cases, certain important details will continue to remain a mystery.

3. Molly Bish was abducted into a canoe or by someone who walked to Commins Pond that day- These two ideas are rather extreme, but have to be considered. If somehow she was abducted into a canoe or fishing boat, then the idea would be to take her directly to the abductor's home along Commins Pond. How many homes are connected to Commins Pond directly once you leave Commins Pond Beach?

If it was someone who walked to Commins Pond beach and was already there before the sand truck driver and Molly Bish's car arrived, then they would still have to wait for her to walk over to the beach to set up her stuff. I would put that at 9:58am if she arrived in parking lot at 9:56 am since her and her mother are on the gas station surveillance video picking up water at 9:51am. If she was abducted with a weapon and told to walk up the hill, she would have to avoid the white car just like her abductor. Maybe she thinks the white car is help too and tries to get away from the abductor? Then there are the items that were already set up on the beach. Does an abductor who already had 24 hours to think about committing the crime(if it was the man in the white car from the day before) really wait while Molly Bish puts backpack on bench, unfolds beach lawn chair, put a towel over the chair, opens the first aid kit, get some water to drink, and take off her sandals before approaching her. Do they still go through with it on a day where they might be able to hear the beeping of the sand truck backing up if the place they are going to abduct her back to is a home nearby on Commins Pond Road that they have to walk to
This is a very interesting line of query. I’ve never considered that Molly might have been abducted by a neighbor to Comins Pond?

This is a very interesting line of query. I’ve never considered that Molly might have been abducted by a neighbor to Comins Pond?
I think the problem with this case is that any time you come up with a theory something else is in the way. If you consider she might have been abducted by someone who lives nearby, then what do you make of the white car up on the cemetery path? How does that get explained? In that area of the cemetery there are no graves around and the hill in the back of the cemetery where this path is located provides good cover.

This is the issue with the case. Somewhere the information is probably off. It would be very risky in terms of time to abduct Molly Bish in a canoe or on foot. The canoe would be a problem because by the time she is actually abducted the canoe would barely be away from the beach and would risk being seen by the kid on the bike or fishermen at the pond. The on foot scenario I think is more plausible, but where the lifeguard stuff was set up, you cannot see the parking lot and going up the hill behind Commins Pond beach, you cannot see anything until you get completely up the hill. Then there are things that are in the way like the sand truck in the Commins Pond parking lot and the white car on the cemetery path at the top of the hill. Obviously the abductor cannot walk her out of there to their home on Commins Pond Road with the sand truck there in the parking lot. Both are possible, but very risky.

There is also great irony and circumstance involved if the abductor is someone who does not know Molly Bish's start time at work. Does this person just know she starts work at 10am each day if they were not there when the pond opens each day? She had only started this job as the previous lifeguard was her brother.

I think the answer is probably that the white car is not the same white car that everyone is seeing on the day of the abduction. But for the crime to make some sense, the white car has to go and park at the cemetery path and wait for Molly Bish till approximately 9:58am by my estimation before they can approach her based her own arrival time at about 9:56am, the walk from car to beach, and setting up the lawn chair and other lifeguard items. As for the white car the sand truck driver saw, it must be some other white car and not the one involved in the abduction.

If I were a detective at the time I would be walking the cemetery path looking for places where the tire of the car may have left the path temporarily and left an impression in the grass in the cemetery. I think it would be difficult, especially around curves, for the white car to maintain being on the path. This is the one question I would want to know from police, if for nothing else, to make sure it really was a person in a white car who abducted Molly Bish out through the cemetery path at the back of St. Paul's Cemetery.

There is also great irony and circumstance involved if the abductor is someone who does not know Molly Bish's start time at work. Does this person just know she starts work at 10am each day if they were not there when the pond opens each day? She had only started this job as the previous lifeguard was her brother.

This is where I am stuck. The timeline of Molly’s abduction seems so tight.
I am left wondering if her abductor did indeed know her start time of work.

I try to go back to crime statistics 101. Who last saw Molly?

We know that she got a bottle of water at the convenience store so the clerk is one of the last people to see her as well as any customers in the convenience store.

And we also know she got her radio from the police station so a police officer or officers at the station were the last people to have seen her as well.

I have been considering the idea that possibly a police officer who was present when she picked up her radio could be involved.
Molly would’ve felt comfortable helping a police officer since her own father had worked for the police and she would’ve trusted a police officer and gone with them if they said they needed help.

This is where I am stuck. The timeline of Molly’s abduction seems so tight.
I am left wondering if her abductor did indeed know her start time of work.

I try to go back to crime statistics 101. Who last saw Molly?

We know that she got a bottle of water at the convenience store so the clerk is one of the last people to see her as well as any customers in the convenience store.

And we also know she got her radio from the police station so a police officer or officers at the station were the last people to have seen her as well.

I have been considering the idea that possibly a police officer who was present when she picked up her radio could be involved.
Molly would’ve felt comfortable helping a police officer since her own father had worked for the police and she would’ve trusted a police officer and gone with them if they said they needed help.
I do not think those are bad ideas, but there is one major criticism I have if it was a spontaneous last person to see Molly Bish who may or may not have known her start time at work: If it was a police officer or really anyone who tried to lure Molly Bish instead of abducting her from the spot where her lifeguard stuff was set up, I think she would have put on her sandals. There remains the possibility that she maybe was knocked out too.

I think it could be someone associated with Commins Pond and the surrounding property. But that could be anyone whether Molly Bish's boss, sand truck driver, cemetery worker, or a maintenance person who collects the trash.

I am not going to go into all the reasons I think this since I have already stated them in numerous posts. The following is my opinion and maybe you or her family or LE does not agree with me, but along with all the other circumstantial evidence we have already discussed (my previous posts), the murderer in this case has to be someone who was already there.

If the abductor quickly subdued Molly, possibly fatally, the timing issues become less problematic. A physically fit individual could feasibly carry her without much difficulty, potentially explaining the lack of disturbed areas or trace evidence.

I noticed something in some old video clips about the case that I either had not remembered or assumed to be correct. Out on Commins Pond beach, back on June 27, 2000, when Molly Bish was abducted, there was no large white lifeguard chair. I guess now it makes sense as to why she used a lawn chair for lifeguarding. I do not think I noticed this detail before.

As for who abducted and murdered Molly Bish, my opinion is that whoever it was had to already be there, but that could be anyone. There is not enough time otherwise. This person seems to have great timing if the kid on the bike who arrived at 10 am to Commins Pond Beach is correct about his watch beeping at that time, therefore signifying it was indeed 10 am.

About the only thing to do in this case is to try to narrow the already narrow time window in which Molly Bish was abducted from Commins Pond beach. I used to live in a small town and sometimes on the hour the church bells would ring. It usually happened on quarter hours. I wondered if Warren, MA has something like that and if the kid on the bike remembered hearing church bells to verify that it was actually 10 am that he arrived at the pond?

If the time information is correct from the kid on the bike, then I think you can narrow it down to Molly Bish being abducted from Commins Pond Beach between 9:58 - 10am or at least that is when she was removed from her lifeguard spot.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abcdowpp1
Back