MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
@TedDanielnews

Lt. Gallagher now talking about a later call from former Canton Police Chief Ken Berkowitz who he says told him had drove by 34 Fairview b/c of warm weather and rain. Berkowitz reported finding taillight evidence weeks later but jury hasn't heard that yet

11:03 AM · May 6, 2024

Speaking about the victim’s height, witness says he doesn’t know and defense counsel gives him the height and he says, “If Mr.Lally told me that I would take his word for it.” The unspoken part is “but I don’t take your word on anything!” Courtroom laughs. It’s only fair since defense is accusing LE of murder and a conspiracy to cover up a murder. JMO

Gallagher testifies they were having difficulty removing the taillight. He contacted Canton Officer Brian Wanless who was skilled in auto body issue to come in to work to remove it.

Sidebar.Counsel back at tables,Lally asks a question about when Gallagher was at Fairview.Didn’t hear the answer clearly.Alan Jackson up for the cross.When’s the first time you were interview by this case?
Did ST Proctor ever interview you? No

April 2024 for interview.Jackson establishes that Gallagher has not written a report, or taken notes about his role.Gallagher was not asked to file a report.Jackson is asking about the memorialization of the evidence.

At another visit could Gallagher determine where OKeefe’s body was?How did you know where the body was?Was OKeefe over 6’ tall?I don’t know that. If I told you that…If Lally told me I’d believe him. Laughter in the court.
https://twitter.com/SueNBCBoston/status/1787499949485105484

@SueNBCBoston

This is clearly an effort by prosecution to show the scene was marked with crime scene tape in a timely fashion. Asked if he set up a tent. Do to weather conditions he did not set a tent up - high winds, shifting direction, snowfall.

10:00 AM · May 6, 2024
I heard Gallagher testify he brought his own personal soccer-mom tent to the scene. What the heck? Where are the professionals to capture and preserve evidence of the murder of a police officer? Where are the professional tools?
Instead we get a Tactical Soccer-Mom TentTM and a Tactical Leaf BlowerTM.

This whole line of questioning by defense is so tedious. My goodness! This is why this trial will take 6-8 weeks so defense can nit-pick every darn thing. Evidence collection containers: glass or plastic? Sterile swabs are in what type of container? Could anybody sneeze over the cup? Blah blah blah. Ugh!

JMO

“You objected, it was sustained and I never got to answer that question.” Hahahaha courtroom laughs again. Jury has to be bored silly by this line of questioning.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members