MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The public was told that a video existed of KR hitting JO with her car. The video never existed, they intentionally lied. That sounds like copaganda to me.

"WBZ-TV I-Team sources said investigators have video of the incident from a Ring doorbell camera and Read's car has been impounded."
Media source is wrong/mistaken? I mean they do have ring camera videos (apparently just not of the moment of impact) and her car was taken, no?

Maybe the police floated the story because they didn't have a clear ring camera (but were pretty sure she did it) and figured it could entice her to confess/plea?
<modsnip - personalizing>

Last edited by a moderator:
Prosecution witness Curt Roberts of Canton is up.
He is married to Kerry Roberts.
Lally establishing what they do, how d the kids are.
C Roberts is asked about that Friday.
Michael & John reached out to him.
He and Michael are friends, known each other since elementary school.

C Roberts met OKeefe when he moved into the house where his late sister & brother-in-law lived.
OKeefe later moved to Meadows Lane.

Did you talk to OKeefe about his relationship with #KarenRead?
No
C Roberts testified that they called to tell him to come out. He said no, there’s a storm coming. He was called a “pussy”. Couldn’t let that happen. So he joined them.

Court laughed at this.

@SueNBCBoston

The public was told that a video existed of KR hitting JO with her car. The video never existed, they intentionally lied. That sounds like copaganda to me.

"WBZ-TV I-Team sources said investigators have video of the incident from a Ring doorbell camera and Read's car has been impounded."
Maybe footage existed and they got around to watching it and when it didn't show anything incriminating it went poof.

I think the investigating officers that were and were not part of the friend pack were intimidated by being at the home of a higher ranking Boston police officer IMO. They acted sheepish and went along with what was said by those in home. Where do you ever see potential witnesses just walking up to a group of talking LE? They’ll usually tell you to wait and they’ll come speak with you. Conferring with one another is usually a private thing.
I was surprised when I saw a ‘witness’ on yesterdays film just walk up to a group of LE, listen in and comment with officers responding. I put witness in a quote because they really weren’t treated like witnesses (separating them, getting individual stories, etc).
Exactly. Pretty much what I wrote yesterday. Blinded by their association and town neighbors and so on. Hard lesson learned LE, don't do that again, ever.

Media source is wrong/mistaken? I mean they do have ring camera videos (apparently just not of the moment of impact) and her car was taken, no?

Maybe the police floated the story because they didn't have a clear ring camera (but were pretty sure she did it) and figured it could entice her to confess/plea?

<modsnip - personalizing>

Why would they need to float a story to entice her getting a plea deal? They could have told her that on their own. There would be no need for some planted media story. <modsnip - quoted post was snipped> What proof exists that Karen Read is guilty of this? All I see is proof of a shoddy investigation. <modsnip - quoted post was snipped> it's pretty apparent from the evidence presented by the prosecution so far that this was a shoddy investigation. You can make excuses for LE all you want, but the facts are right here in front of our faces and on the record.

JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Postings from 3 hours ago.

Here's a close of Read's SUV in the driveway.

1715186245763.png

Here's that same scene captured by the surveillance video system at O'Keefe's home.

1715186287326.png

The question will be: Is the passenger-side taillight cracked, broken or shattered at this point, about 2.5 hours after O'Keefe was found? If so, how and by whom?

9:23 AM · May 8, 2024

Here are Rae and another officer ringing the bell at O'Keefe's door.

1715186336769.png

Nobody answers. Rae says he later learned the children were staying somewhere else.
@BienickWCVB

WCVB.COM /CHANNEL FIVE IN BOSTON, has vids/large images of KR as well, daily. Might be some added information though the court conversations provided here are excellent and today's are heartbreaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tiajean