MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't recall her ever saying "I'll let him have this one" when the defense objects to Lally's question.

No, this judge has specifically stated that grounds are not to be stated in open court. That is solely her decision.

Many attorneys have commented that this seems unusual to them, although maybe it's more common in her jurisdiction.

Agreed. This isn't any of our first times following a trial. We understand that courtroom TV dramas are not representative of an actual trial. JMO.

Judge WILL EXCLUDE Turtleboy from the courtroom when Julie Nagel, Brian Albert, Brian Albert, Jr., Colin Albert, Proctor, the McCabes, Nicole Albert - testify. (Not sure if I caught all the names). Judge says Turtleboy has a "chilling effect" in the courtroom and will not be allowed to be present when those witnesses testify.

11:04 AM · May 10, 2024

Agree completely, although I don't think that's why she's being framed. But I do hear it in some of the blatantly sexist posts out here. I don't like her. Look at her mouth, such an attitude. Designer clothes. She should be more humble. Who does she think she is, conferring with her lawyers like she's an attorney. She's just a psycho. John was probably her last chance to snag a husband and he was dumping her so she decided to kill him.
It's appalling to me.
It’s the “men are talking, sit down and shut up” mentality that some women still employ against their own interests.

@JHall7news

N ALbert says at one point O'Keefe offered to buy them some drinks. They said no thanks...he headed to bar. That was it for their interaction.

11:29 AM · May 10, 2024

The Alberts decided to continue the party at their home on Fairview. They were fine with people coming back. She didn't know who was going to stop by.

11:31 AM · May 10, 2024

ALbert says when she got back home with her husband and her daughter she saw Colin Albert, age 17...he was getting a ride home. She didn't know with who. She only saw him a couple of minutes and didnt see him again that night.

Albert says Brian Higgins and the McCabes also arrived at the home on Fairview. They had some more drinks. She said people stayed until close to 2. The last to leave was her daughter Caitlin. Higgins left first, 1:30 am or so. Then jen mccabe and her husband

Nicole says O'Keefe and/or Read never stepped foot in her home the night O'Keefe died.

@JHall7news

It’s the “men are talking, sit down and shut up” mentality that some women still employ against their own interests.
Yes, this is true. The original poster was referring to the hatred some women direct towards unmarried, successful, independent women stemming from jealously. A man didn't buy her that new Lexus or her own 5 bedroom house in Mansfield. And it sounds like John needed her more than she needed him because she helped so much with the kids. She clearly didn't need his help financially.

After sleeping about 4 hours she was awakened by her sister Jennifer McCabe bursting into her bedroom saying "he's out in the snow!" Nicole asked her what she is talking about? She thought maybe one of her kids or Jen's kids might be hurt.

McCabe told her what was happening outside.

Nicole says she and her husband got out of bed and began to head out and that's when they were met by Canton PD at the door - Michael Lank was there. Nicole says she saw two cruisers but no ambulance.

@JHall7news

I was reviewing the movements of people's phones that day, according to this document.

Notably, the "stride length" is suddenly high for JO at 12:21am, which is approx when he arrived at the BA's house.
I'm assuming stride length is derived from distance covered divided by number of steps.
Why was JO suddenly running for about 3 minutes when he arrived at the house party?

I was reviewing the movements of people's phones that day, according to this document.

Notably, the "stride length" is suddenly high for JO at 12:21am, which is approx when he arrived at the BA's house.
I'm assuming stride length is derived from distance covered divided by number of steps.
Why was JO suddenly running for about 3 minutes when he arrived at the house party?
someone said 'sic chloe sic'

It's an interesting dynamic in this case/courtroom. I'm assuming all of the supporters of KR are her friends/colleagues in academia, while the other side is stubbornly defensive of law enforcement regardless of the facts. This could add to the hostile feeling I sense from KR haters.

After sleeping about 4 hours she was awakened by her sister Jennifer McCabe bursting into her bedroom saying "he's out in the snow!" Nicole asked her what she is talking about? She thought maybe one of her kids or Jen's kids might be hurt.

McCabe told her what was happening outside.

Nicole says she and her husband got out of bed and began to head out and that's when they were met by Canton PD at the door - Michael Lank was there. Nicole says she saw two cruisers but no ambulance.

@JHall7news
analysis of Nicole's phone shows she answered two calls from Jennifer McCabe at 6:07am and 6:08am

why is she not saying she was awakened then?

@JHall7news

Nicole says they had a dog named Chloe. A German Shephard mix. The dog was let outside in a fenced in backyard late when they got home from the waterfall to do her business.

12:17 PM · May 10, 2024

NIcole views a screenshop from the waterfall showing her husband and brian higgins doing some :play fighting" She denies her husband is a "highly trained fighter." E little wants to press her about Brian's boxing experience. sidebar to discuss

12:23 PM · May 10, 2024

Nicole says Brian does have boxing experience. As for military fighting experience, from his time in the Marines, she says I assume so.

12:24 PM · May 10, 2024

if that phone data is accurate, it's pretty damning evidence as far as a timeline and really puts the defense in a pickle.

good luck with many of whatabout theories - i guess they're trying to say he was confronted in the yard by someone else (Colin?). but, unless Apple is participating in a cover up, he never made it from the car into the house or anything like that and was mortally wounded and not moving by 12:32 AM.

and let me help with the "running" assertion... 1) my guess is that data might be tied to the car pulling up and slowing down/parking or milling around outside the car before he was hit. i feel like apple health data used to be confused by stuff (various vehicle movement) like that, a bit... but a technical expert would certainly be a smart person for the prosecution to have on the stand. HOWEVER... 2) if that data is correct... and it is being asserted that this shows "running" - have you considered that what it shows is JO moved 287 feet over 3 minutes and 12 seconds?

There are 5280 feet in a mile.
5280 feet/287 feet = 18.4.
18.4 * 3 minutes and 12 seconds = 58 minutes and 42 seconds to cover a mile.

ChatGPT tells me that creatures that move at this pace include: garden snails, sloths, tortoises, and sea anemones. Anecdotally, I can state that I walk at a pace of about 16 or 17 minutes per mile.

Last edited:
Judge calls for sidebar after defense attorney Eliza Little asks Nicole Albert:
EL: "You do know your husband is a highly trained fighter?
"NA: "No he’s not"

EL: What type of car is that? (husbands work car)
NA: It’s a Ford Edge, a black Ford Edge
EL: Is there a reason why you didn’t want to say that? (in prior testimony)
EL: In your mind, a ford edge has significance in this case?
NA: I have heard it talked about

EL: In May of 22, 4 months after John O’Keefe’s death you got rid of your dog?
NA: I rehomed my dog.
NA says Chloe's is in VT.
She confirms a neighbor was injured trying to break up a fight between Chloe and another dog

@TedDanielnews

"I saw them fooling around with each other," Nicole Albert says of her husband and Brian Higgins with their hands up at the bar. Says Brian has boxing experience and was in the Marines but is not a highly trained fighter.

Nicole Albert says Colin was on the way out when she arrived home but didn't see him leave.

Lally hands Nicole Albert 8 photos of the front yard at 34 Fairview Rd. O'Keefe's body was found near the fire hydrant and flagpole on left side of the image. In this image, the snow appears more melted and shoveled along the curb.

12:39 PM · May 10, 2024

if that phone data is accurate, it's pretty damning evidence as far as a timeline and really puts the defense in a pickle.

good luck with many of whatabout theories - i guess they're trying to say he was confronted in the yard by someone else (Colin?). but, unless Apple is participating in a cover up, he never made it from the car into the house or anything like that and was mortally wounded and not moving by 12:32 AM.
But JO's running for 3 minutes does not match the prosecution's theory that JO was dropped off and standing still when struck by a car?

Unless this car was chasing him around the yard trying to run him down for 3 minutes? He covered almost 300 feet during this time. It also doesn't take 3 minutes to walk/run to the front door from JO's drop off point?

edit: location data also shows JO ascended stairs.
Colin arrived at the house right after JO arrived.

if the phone data is accurate, why does Jennifer McCabe make such an effort to delete her calls and texts?

what is your theory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members