MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jennifer McCabe appears so central to this case and I hardly know anything about her. For starters, how close was she to John and Karen. Did they socialize and party a lot together? It seems her husband Matthew was at the bar but no testimony from him yet. Anyone know anything about the relationship of Matt and Jenn to John and Karen. I'm really curious how well they knew each other.....

Jennifer McCabe knew John O'Keefe through their daughters (well, John's niece and her daughter). She was not a friend of Karen's, although they knew each other. I've never heard that Matt was friendly with either. He'll testify as he was in the house that night and has given at least one statement saying he saw Karen's car out in front of Fairview.

Jen is the one who invited John to her sister's house that night. Karen says she was not directly invited and did not hear the invite Jen gave to John. After leaving the Waterfall, Jen texted John multiple times about where the house was, where to park, and when he allegedly didn't show up, where he was.

She and her phone are very critical witnesses.

Is this aimed at me? I haven't said anything about the Health Data. I've read some filings submitted to the court and listened to the preliminary hearings. I haven't seen the raw data and I wouldn't understand it even if I did see it. I'll wait for the experts to weigh in before I draw any conclusions.
i assumed we were all on the same page looking at the document posted by @housewife and using it as a source for discussion.

Jennifer McCabe knew John O'Keefe through their daughters (well, John's niece and her daughter). She was not a friend of Karen's, although they knew each other. I've never heard that Matt was friendly with either. He'll testify as he was in the house that night and has given at least one statement saying he saw Karen's car out in front of Fairview.

Jen is the one who invited John to her sister's house that night. Karen says she was not directly invited and did not hear the invite Jen gave to John. After leaving the Waterfall, Jen texted John multiple times about where the house was, where to park, and when he allegedly didn't show up, where he was.

She and her phone are very critical witnesses.
Thanks so much for making that connection. I see Jenn's daughter and John's niece being friends would give them opportunity to associate.

Thanks so much for making that connection. I see Jenn's daughter and John's niece being friends would give them opportunity to associate.
And just for the sake of completion, the invite and the association is the reason why Karen says she called Jen that morning when she realized John never came home. The niece had Jen's phone number, Karen did not.

i assumed we were all on the same page looking at the document posted by @housewife and using it as a source for discussion.
I'm not really sure what you're looking for. I thought I answered in my original post.

From the spreadsheet:
  • 12:24:28 - JO arrives at 34 Fairview
  • 12:31:56 to 12:32:16 - JO's last steps according to his Health Data

There's a 7 1/2 minute gap between JO's arrival and those steps and as I said previously we don't know exactly when he got out of the Lexus.

What happened in that interim? Were they arguing in the car? Did KR drive off and JO just stood there? Did he have a confrontation with someone on the lawn?

Perhaps an expert can put all this phone data together and come to a definitive conclusion, but I sure can't.

Last edited:
Is it me? Or is Lally asking the exact same questions to Brian A as he did to Nicole A? Over 4 hours of this? The questions and answers both give absolutely zero proof or reason as to the guilt of Karen Read. Yes it snowed, yes you were at a bah, yes your family is awesome. Your dog don't bite. There's a fire hydrant in the yahd. Colossal waste of time. More defending their witnesses than proving their case.

Is it me? Or is Lally asking the exact same questions to Brian A as he did to Nicole A? Over 4 hours of this? The questions and answers both give absolutely zero proof or reason as to the guilt of Karen Read. Yes it snowed, yes you were at a bah, yes your family is awesome. Your dog don't bite. There's a fire hydrant in the yahd. Colossal waste of time. More defending their witnesses than proving their case.

I don't think it's just you because you just succinctly summed up my feelings. JMO

Why, if I was a conspiracy theorist,....I might even think that the CW is PURPOSELY draaagggggging this case on to the depths of nowhere. The jurors have got to be gasping for air, reaching for a life raft. Give them SOMETHING !!!

Grrrrr

Now that the condition of the yard, fire hydrant, and flag pole have been thoroughly covered it is time to adjourn for the day......

I just want to hear some facts. Is that too much to ask from the prosecution? I feel like all I've heard this week is the CW defending their own witnesses, confirming that it snowed, and taking issue with a blogger. I swear they presented more evidence to have the blogger removed from court than they have implicating KR. JMO

One little slip up in the stories between Nicole A and Brian A today during testimony that I caught.

In regards to what was Brian A and Brian Higgins doing together during the time after the bah at the Albert house. Nicole said they were in the living room, looking at a shelf with pictures of their son in the marines...and wedding pictures. Buuuutttt, Brian A said that they went upstairs to their kids room, where they had made a display of his Marine accomplishments. I found that to be sus.... Not that it proves anything, other than possibly lying. I also have been giving Brian H my own personal side eye glance since the beginning. Wonder if the defense will ask for some clarification on Monday

I just want to hear some facts. Is that too much to ask from the prosecution? I feel like all I've heard this week is the CW defending their own witnesses, confirming that it snowed, and taking issue with a blogger. I swear they presented more evidence to have the blogger removed from court than they have implicating KR. JMO
Correct.
Each day the prosecution is trying to skim over the lack of evidence so they have nothing else to discuss.
I still don't know how this even went to trial:
-Solo cup evidence contamination
-Proctor investigated by IA and FBI (and why is the jury not allowed to know this??)
-FBI experts determined JO's injuries were not even caused by a car strike

It's just so embarrassing for the Canton PD every day. They wanted to get this trial going based on spite alone. I have no idea why they thought they would come out looking competent at all.

It would be great entertainment if a person's freedom wasn't on the line.

It's just so embarrassing for the Canton PD every day. They wanted to get this trial going based on spite alone. I have no idea why they thought they would come out looking competent at all.

As bad as the Canton PD looks, I have a feeling the State Troop-ahs are going to make them look world class investigators.

I think Lally has more in common, personally, with the academics instead of the police.
I feel like he knows how bad this case is for the prosecution and he must be really frustrated with his career right now.
He's sinking and he knows it, did he really not anticipate how publicized this trial would be?

I think Lally has more in common, personally, with the academics instead of the police.
I feel like he knows how bad this case is for the prosecution and he must be really frustrated with his career right now.
He's sinking and he knows it, did he really not anticipate how publicized this trial would be?

I don't know how much you know about the Norfolk County District Attorney and his statements regarding this case, but Lally is in a tough spot. I agree that he knows what he's up against, but he has his marching orders and quite literally the only thing he could do is quit his job. Once this is over, he'll move on to the usual drunk driving and domestic abuse cases and hope all of this is forgotten.

Correct.
Each day the prosecution is trying to skim over the lack of evidence so they have nothing else to discuss.
I still don't know how this even went to trial:
-Solo cup evidence contamination
-Proctor investigated by IA and FBI (and why is the jury not allowed to know this??)
-FBI experts determined JO's injuries were not even caused by a car strike

RBBM - Is the jury going to be presented this FBI expert testimony about the injuries or is that not allowed to be heard either?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member