MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, here’s a theory:

What if Karen Read did hit him? But not by backing into him at high-speed as the commonwealth alleges.

Instead she inadvertently clips him as she pulls out of her parking spot. It’s just a tap and Karen never even notices. John’s a little unsteady on his feet, the road surface is icy and he loses his balance. Most times it would have just been a minor injury, but on this occasion he bangs the back of his head on the curb. Just a one-in-a-thousand piece of bad luck.

Since the impact was just a tap there are no injuries to his torso, only to his head. He bruises his hands as he slowly crawls forward making it a few feet onto the lawn before collapsing. As he lays there overnight, a passing stray dog investigates the unconscious human and scratches and bites at his arm. The dog may have even flipped John onto his back while trying to pull a Lassie and wake him.

The next day Michael Proctor is assigned to the case. For some reason he takes an immediate dislike to Karen. He’s already calling her the c-word. He is convinced she’s responsible but he’s also worried because he has little evidence. No eyewitnesses, no camera footage, no nothing. He wants an open-and-shut case with no fancypants defense lawyer getting her off on reasonable doubt. So, he decides to plant the taillight pieces.

However, Proctor never realized the havoc that his shenanigans would create. A broken taillight means that the SUV had to be moving at 20+ mph. Which means that John had to be hit on purpose. Yet a high-speed collision is inconsistent with John’s injuries and inconsistent with the lack of damage to the SUV. The illogic in the commonwealth case just fuels the conspiracy theories and leads people to suggest that the Alberts were involved in John’s death.

Thoughts?

C'mon. There is a police officer in his home
There has been zero testimony about John O'Keefe stepping inside 34 Fairview. None.
and all of a sudden there is ambulance, fire-truck and police vehicles outside his home and he just willfully ignores EVERYTHING????? Sorry. Not buying that at all.
Did any of the neighbors come out to check on what was happening? The police and fire didn't use sirens because there was no traffic on the road. No one was making noise but Karen was screaming "I hit him. I hit him." "Is he dead?" with his blood on her face.
His colleagues are in his front yard. He and his entire family that is in the house including his dog, that allegedly hates people,
The Albert's had Chloe 7 years. It was Jr's job to let Chloe out which was probable fine when he was younger. A German Shepherd is a large dog with a lifespan of about 9-10yrs. I hope Chloe and her fur coat love Vermont.
< PSBM >

Add in the fact that someone dropped off doughnuts at a ridiculous hour for a traditional birthday celebration, that there were apparently 10's of people partying inside the house at the time of the murder that magically saw nothing suspicious, and weird text messages going off to a bunch of people who were around at the time at VERY early hours and I have to ask, he never so much as inquired as to what was going on in his front yard??? Puhlease??? What are you not seeing here?
Tell more about these text messages. Or better, may I have a link, please?

So far all I've seen proved is that it snowed
Yes, and John froze to death after the fatal hit and run.
and the drunk door monitors
They were celebrating a friend's birthday. Jen kept an eye on her ph and maybe the door, at first, because she expected John and Karen. JN testified to seeing a black blob. She was watching out for her brother to arrive. Because it was snowing, she couldn't be sure what it was she saw. She prob caught a glimpse and the car past it too quickly for her to register that it was the body of John.
did not see everyone enter and leave the house. Oh, and many of the state's witnesses lied. JMO
BBM Please link the lying witnesses. I want to read their lies because I've missed them, apparently. I need to know which witnesses were lying so toss as many links and quotes as you wish. TIA

Ok, here’s a theory:

What if Karen Read did hit him? But not by backing into him at high-speed as the commonwealth alleges.

Instead she inadvertently clips him as she pulls out of her parking spot. It’s just a tap and Karen never even notices. John’s a little unsteady on his feet, the road surface is icy and he loses his balance. Most times it would have just been a minor injury, but on this occasion he bangs the back of his head on the curb. Just a one-in-a-thousand piece of bad luck.

Since the impact was just a tap there are no injuries to his torso, only to his head. He bruises his hands as he slowly crawls forward making it a few feet onto the lawn before collapsing. As he lays there overnight, a passing stray dog investigates the unconscious human and scratches and bites at his arm. The dog may have even flipped John onto his back while trying to pull a Lassie and wake him.

The next day Michael Proctor is assigned to the case. For some reason he takes an immediate dislike to Karen. He’s already calling her the c-word. He is convinced she’s responsible but he’s also worried because he has little evidence. No eyewitnesses, no camera footage, no nothing. He wants an open-and-shut case with no fancypants defense lawyer getting her off on reasonable doubt. So, he decides to plant the taillight pieces.

However, Proctor never realized the havoc that his shenanigans would create. A broken taillight means that the SUV had to be moving at 20+ mph. Which means that John had to be hit on purpose. Yet a high-speed collision is inconsistent with John’s injuries and inconsistent with the lack of damage to the SUV. The illogic in the commonwealth case just fuels the conspiracy theories and leads people to suggest that the Alberts were involved in John’s death.

Thoughts?

Honestly, I don't think she meant to kill him at all. But - JMO - KR has bad temper, and maybe there is one more factor at play: it seems that JO was very much liked by women. I think that perhaps the quarreling was fueled by jealousy, and she hit him inadvertently, because some people drive jerkily when they are angry. They just take their anger on the brakes, the wheel, the transmission. I think she noticed that she hit him but didn't think it was serious, and then she vented everything she thought of him, and left. Anger overtook, and in the morning, two things happened - she realized that she might have hurt him seriously, and she got scared of the consequences.

Either way, she has to live with the consequences of him dying. I don't think she's shameless or cold-hearted. She is fighting for her freedom. Also, blaming BA for something he obviously didn't do is survival mechanism, too? She got the SODDI. All defence mechanisms, denial, projection, repression are there, and then, some.

I noticed that one more thing happened in the process of this trial. Initially, the idea was that CoA beat up JO. Now, it seems, there is a certain temporal mismatch, CoA probably left too soon. Before the trial, SODDI's role was assigned to the kids. BA was merely accused of nepotism.

But now, it seems, the defence is shifting its stance. The idea is, BA and his buddy H beat up JO. Logically, it makes zero sense. I thought BA knew JO well, but as I found recently, it wasn't even the case? He was invited by JMc, not BA.

Well, buddy H, at least, might have known JO. If the story is to be believed. Still, not a reason to kill JO who is breaking up with KR. But for BA, who was celebrating his son's birthday, isn't it illogical, to immediately drag a wayward guest into own basement and start pummeling him?

MOO - the basement emerged in the scenario only because BA replaced the carpet in it before selling the house. If instead of the carpet, he replaced the toilet, you bet the theory would be, they beat up JO in the toilet. SODDI defence is flexible. Now, in the course of the process, we heard that the basement had bulkhead doors. I wonder why the prosecution didn't bite into it, because these bulkhead doors just blew apart the whole theory of "basement murder".

The prosecution is weak. The Canton police, IMHO, was uninvolved in the murder but years of lazy complacency are not helping their image.

The Californian lawyer will return home, no doubt, reimbursed as he deserves.

About Yanetti, one wonders if he walked into a questionable zone. He is a part of CW justice system, an interconnected mechanism. Lawyers, judges and prosecutors are not enemies, lawyers may become judges, and vice versa. Yanetti intentionally leaked information about police incompetence in a tiny hamlet of CW to a total outsider. It's not whistleblowing, it is gossip-mongering to prime public opinion. Is it common?

For comparison: IE handled the issue of procedural misconduct in CO (BM case) in court. She didn't feed an ambitious blogger like Tyson Draper, for example, with insider information. BM is lowlife, but his lawyer fights in court with an open visor. To follow bloggers and ticktockers is the job for us, the gullible public.

Trooper Proctor totally ruined the case. My only question is, maybe there were too few detectives around two years ago? (Doesn't explain his behavior at all, but numbers might be intriguing).

Ok, here’s a theory:

Thoughts?
Makes sense...but imo Chloe is involved somehow, not a random dog and someone/s know/s that Chloe was involved. JMO

... And today's Bombshell of the witness testifying about seeing a black blob as they drove past where Karen's SUV had been stopped made for chilling headlines...
The black blob? You mean the one by the flag pole? Was the flag pole moved since two years ago? The flag pole on the lawn nowhere near the driveway, where one would expect him to be dropped off before doing a "three point turn"? In fact, the flagpole is on the other side of the property. [HINT: Look at Google Maps]. Did he crawl over there instead of the front door?

"“I did notice something out of the ordinary, like a black blob on the ground by the flagpole,” Nagel testified."

Last edited:
Karen Read did not care. She hit him and left the scene. John O'Keefe froze to death because of her and she knows it. No doubt in my mind they were arguing while in the car when parked for 5 min at the curb of 34 Fairview. I believe she pulled down towards the flagpole, on purpose and with ill intent, so no one in the house could see it happen.

It's been proven in court that he did not enter the house. It's impractical to think he was, somehow without any people at the party seeing him come inside, immediately ushered into the basement so they could kill him. Then, John holds his arm out so the dog can scratch him. Then, they drag his body out of the cellar doors to the flagpole. It's a laughable theory.

MOO
The best is yet to come! Justice for Police Officer John O'Keefe!

How exactly was it proven? Because a group of people who were highly intoxicated deemed it so a year later? Please provide link where this is proven because i need to read this.

The black blob? You mean the one by the flag pole? Was the flag pole moved since two years ago? The flag pole on the lawn nowhere near the driveway, where one would expect him to be dropped off before doing a "three point turn"? In fact, the flagpole is on the other side of the property. [HINT: Look at Google Maps]. Did he crawl over there instead of the front door?

"“I did notice something out of the ordinary, like a black blob on the ground by the flagpole,” Nagel testified."

Court testimony, on yesterday, was that Karen's SUV moved from near the mailbox, then near the center of the property at the curb, then it was seen down at the curb near the flagpole by a witness.

No one but Karen Read was driving her SUV. Karen Read hit John and drove away to leave him to die in below freezing temperatures.

I hope when she's found guilty that the punishment fits the horrendous crimes of which she's been charged.

MOO
#JusticeForJohn

Here's the link to trial testimony provided by Law and Crime. It's livestreamed every day the court is in session.

Law&Crime Network
Sorry, but are these testimonies inherently truthful to you? No questions asked? I question a LOT of the witness testimony in this case due to the inconsistencies and outright falsehoods. I don’t want to put words in your mouth.

Sorry, but are these testimonies inherently truthful to you? No questions asked? I question a LOT of the witness testimony in this case due to the inconsistencies and outright falsehoods. I don’t want to put words in your mouth.
Yes, and in the trials I've watched, judges instructed jurors it is up to them to decide whether they find a witness credible and ultimately if they believe their testimony is honest/accurate. Certainly juries are not meant to just uncritically take what a witness says as the truth. Imo.

Just because one person testified to something (one person who was intoxicated and not interviewed for a year) doesn't mean it is proven as a fact.
Moreover, iirc Nagel is the only one who testified thus far that they even saw anything in the lawn to begin with during those early hours. So... does that mean everyone else's testimonies before are false? Or true? We can't have it both ways.

I noticed that one more thing happened in the process of this trial. Initially, the idea was that CoA beat up JO. Now, it seems, there is a certain temporal mismatch, CoA probably left too soon. Before the trial, SODDI's role was assigned to the kids. BA was merely accused of nepotism.

But now, it seems, the defence is shifting its stance. The idea is, BA and his buddy H beat up JO. Logically, it makes zero sense. I thought BA knew JO well, but as I found recently, it wasn't even the case? He was invited by JMc, not BA.

The defense's sole stance is that Karen Read never hit the victim. Pre-trial they offered up three possible perps. Brian Higgins, Brian Albert, and Colin Albert. They do not have to prove any of them killed him, only that it's possible, more possible than Read killing him with her car. But the judge isn't allowing a full third party defense, which is why the defense cannot directly reference the FBI or the FBI's investigation. "During the hearing in which Mr. Lally was not present..." is as far as they can go.

Good morning from day 18 of court and day 12 of testimony in the Commonwealth vs. Karen Read.

It is scheduled to be a full day.

-Julie Nagel will likely be back on the stand.

Yesterday she said she saw a "blob" in the area where John O'Keefe was found when she left 34 Fairview around 1:45am -

She confirmed she did not reveal that until 8 months after JO's death.

-So far, the O'Keefe and Read families have been here every day sitting on separate sides of the courtroom.

-It was all rainbows and butterflies in the media line this morning. (no disturbances)

Last edited:
Moreover, iirc Nagel is the only one who testified thus far that they even saw anything in the lawn to begin with during those early hours. So... does that mean everyone else's testimonies before are false? Or true? We can't have it both ways.
Imo there are alot of credibility questions with Nagel's testimony. I'm waiting for the expert testimony on the wounds because all this is somewhat noise imo if the P can't prove BARD that JO's injuries were caused by vehicular impact in the way they are apparently contending. The 'apparent' tail light shards are not enough. Still shaking my head that the ME did not IIRC take swabs of those deep looking scratches for dna purposes (I may be wrong about this? Have only started following this case very recently). Also looking forward to testimony about that google search by JMc 'how long does it take someone to die in the cold'?. What is a credible explanation for that at 2.30am? It will be admitted to evidence I hope. It should be. moo

edited spelling

Last edited:

https://twitter.com/SueNBCBoston/status/1790367295312666761

Welcome to new folks following this account.
I am not a reporter, I’m a commentator & analyst.
I will not be posting verbatim testimony, you can find that at other accounts.
When I post an opinion or an observation, I will label it as such.

I also am trying to experience the trial as the jurors are.
While I have a general knowledge of the case, I have not done a deep dive, and I am only considering evidence & info submitted in the courtroom.

The defense, #KarenRead & family & friends have entered the courtroom.
A few of them are sporting pink.

Family & friends of John OKeefe have entered the courtroom.

Judge has entered.
Side bar.
No jury.

Nagel also admitted she was quite drunk. She was sitting on the driver's passenger side so arguably had the worst view of the lawn from the car. "Five to six feet long" is a new story as of last week, sounds like on Lally's suggestion/question during her trial prep. Probably because there were was a landscaped area with bushes and a small cable box near the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti