MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
@JHall7news

The cross examination of this witness is taking a long time #karenreadtrial Matt McCabe testifies he never heard Julie Nagel, one of the young women he was bringing home, say she saw a "black blob" 5-6 feet long on the lawn. Says he was focused on his driving and the snowy roads.

10:50 AM · May 17, 2024

@TedDanielnews

On 2/1/22 (3 days after JO's death), DY says MM texted his wife, Brian Albert, and Nicole Albert "Troopers back out front but in front of Asian house". McCabe says he was not monitoring the house when DY asks him about that.

10:52 AM · May 17, 2024

Matthew McCabe says an Asian family lived there but he did not know their names

10:53 AM · May 17, 2024

All I can say is that I'll be real happy once they get through the remaining witnesses from the scene that night: the McCabes and probably Brian Higgins. I really want to move on to the medical examiner, the tech experts, the state police, etc. so the prosecution can finally get around to saying what they think happened to John O'Keefe.

This line of questioning is really reaching in my opinion. It's typical human behavior. Take a photo, text a message. This case has been in their lives for years. The witness is credible imo

How many of us have reached out to a new neighbor/acquaintance only to discover they speak very little English, or prefer not to use English at all and/or the preference is to use their native language. Maybe there is no time to welcome new neighbors/get to know others. That is real life! moo. ;)

Last edited:
Good point. You would think the CW would bring that into evidence. Dont most boxer's use wraps (imo). Someone who is going to fight in a split second (at the moment) will not use wraps. moo
Lally did, but the press doesn't show the defense's exhibits. Knuckles were normal free days earlier, but it is not that interesting for the press. The media is about sensationalism.
I haven't found a free program that retranslates the whole testimony, so I am resorted to bits and pieces in the evening. It usually means, cross-examination.

Last edited:
All I can say is that I'll be real happy once they get through the remaining witnesses from the scene that night: the McCabes and probably Brian Higgins. I really want to move on to the medical examiner, the tech experts, the state police, etc. so the prosecution can finally get around to saying what they think happened to John O'Keefe.

It’s odd they haven’t gotten to Higgins yet he was slated for much earlier after BA Sr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173