MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
..AND I listened and watched super hard and nothing. PLEASE ask what happened after she texted him that at 2:00 when they resume, immediately. My eyes popped out when JMc mentioned that JO had briefly dated 'Bella's mother, when she was giving description/landmark to the Alberts house. Bella is a close friend of JO's niece.

^^^^This ^^^^

IMO, the JMc 'stirring the pot' regarding explaining to JOK where the house is by using another ex-girlfriend.....seems a little cliq-ish and high schoolish. Something my old small town girls ( women) would do for kicks and giggles.

In hearing of this other questionable Higgins/ KR possible romance, it almost solidifies someone (s) didn't want John and Karen together, and were doing a little cat and mouse playing. A set-up, if you will. JMO

..AND I listened and watched super hard and nothing. PLEASE ask what happened after she texted him that at 2:00 when they resume, immediately. My eyes popped out when JMc mentioned that JO had briefly dated 'Bella's mother, when she was giving description/landmark to the Alberts house. Bella is a close friend of JO's niece.
This is unkind of me. But when I heard that I did wonder if Jen M. was stirring the pot a bit by mentioning an ex-girlfriend of John's when she presumably knew that Karen was listening.

Edit - It seems @shotgun09 was thinking along the same lines. Definitely a mean girls tactic.

Not especially fond of this Judge. Lally makes objections and does not state what the objection is and she immediately sustains his objections. Why are some of the text "bubbles" not coming in?
this is neither unusual, nor out of the norm. judges may even sustain objections that aren't made.

I'm having a late night! I watched JMcs testimony just now.

When Lally first asks her about the vehicle she saw from the front door he seeks clarification about the position. We're talking about the same time Nagle was it (?), went out to speak to Ryan. Lally specifically asks JMc which direction suv headlights were shining, from her perspective looking out:

"To the right to the left?"

I expected JMc to say "to the right"; wouldn't that align with Ryan's testimony? Ryan, Julie Nagle etc all said passenger side was facing house, therefore lights will be shining towards the right down Fairview towards the Chapman St intersection. But J Mc states clearly on direct question that headlights were shining to the left from her perspective from the front door. You can see Lally quickly skip over it and to me he did a good job of trying not to react but you can detect the involuntary surprise in his voice for a split second. jmo,. He moves on to something else before returning to suv a few moments later without anymore reference to suv position. JMc appears flustered during this initial exchange. Jmo

It's at around minus 51 on Court TV link below. I paused it at the spot I'm talking about but maybe pause will not stay in place.

Last edited:
Not especially fond of this Judge. Lally makes objections and does not state what the objection is and she immediately sustains his objections. Why are some of the text "bubbles" not coming in?
In pretrial hearings, the judge instructed the attorneys not to make speaking objections. She told them specifically to just say “objection” and nothing more.

I did kickboxing classes for close to 5 years and would always wear wraps. Trained by one of the best taekwondo teachers around town. However, just because his (Cmc) knuckles were messed up does not mean he got in a fight with JOK. Though, why lie about how you got those injuries on your knuckles? Is it because he knew the finger would be pointed at him? Is everyone in that town scared? If so, of what, and why?

moo
When was it determined he lied about his injuries?

In pretrial hearings, the judge instructed the attorneys not to make speaking objections. She told them specifically to just say “objection” and nothing more.
Well that explains it! Wow, I am not a fan of that practice, I am watching Daybell trial right now and finished Troconis trial a few months ago and both of those judges wanted to know what the objection was specifically.

Judges have a lot of power over their court rooms for sure.

Well that explains it! Wow, I am not a fan of that practice, I am watching Daybell trial right now and finished Troconis trial a few months ago and both of those judges wanted to know what the objection was specifically.

There’s probably a reason she wants it open-ended I’d say.

This line of questioning is really reaching in my opinion. It's typical human behavior. Take a photo, text a message. This case has been in their lives for years. The witness is credible imo

How many of us have reached out to a new neighbor/acquaintance only to discover they speak very little English, or prefer not to use English at all and/or the preference is to use their native language. Maybe there is no time to welcome new neighbors/get to know others. That is real life! moo. ;)
I think MM is proving that he did lie - saying he was not monitoring the troopers' actions while the texts show he was.

I don't doubt that it takes time to socialize with new neighbors... but referring to people solely by their ethnicity adds to the "canton culture" I've seen in this trial.

Yeah it’s an odd practice. I don’t like the speaking objections because attys use it to posture/argue their case for the jury. The typical and orderly practice is to say “Objection” and then a one word basis like “relevance”, “hearsay” etc. JMO

Jen McCabes phone records will prove to be a goldmine for the defense, IMO. I am imagining Alan Jackson circling the courthouse like a shark, waiting for his turn. Judge Bev, who isn't a fan of Jackson by the way, will be ever so careful and quick with her 'sustained' outbursts before Lally even wakes up to object. This is almost re-run material by now.
MOO

This line of questioning is really reaching in my opinion. It's typical human behavior. Take a photo, text a message. This case has been in their lives for years. The witness is credible imo

How many of us have reached out to a new neighbor/acquaintance only to discover they speak very little English, or prefer not to use English at all and/or the preference is to use their native language. Maybe there is no time to welcome new neighbors/get to know others. That is real life! moo. ;)
RBBM above. True but I think Yanetti has to ask these questions to be thorough and imo they are relevant to KRs defense jmo. Prosecution objecting where they feel he goes too far and judge sustaining a fair amount jmo

@TedDanielnews

We are back in session. ADA Lally continues his questioning of Jennifer McCabe

Jennifer McCabe sent a text to JO "pull behind me" at 12:31am when he arrived in Karen Read's SUV to 34 Fairview. at 12:40 she texts "hello". She says she got no response and she didn't know if he was still outside.

2:14 PM · May 17, 2024

Jennifer McCabe begins texting JO again around 5am and asks where he is. She says JO never came into the house.

2:16 PM · May 17, 2024

This is unkind of me. But when I heard that I did wonder if Jen M. was stirring the pot a bit by mentioning an ex-girlfriend of John's when she presumably knew that Karen was listening.

Edit - It seems @shotgun09 was thinking along the same lines. Definitely a mean girls tactic.
I think the prosecution wants to insert the info regarding JO's ex girlfriend because it's necesssary for their case for KR to be murderously rageful (about anything). The prosecution is trying to paint the picture of KR being triggered by something, anything.

@JHall7news

After a lunch break, Jen McCabe is back on the stand, viewing text messages she and John O'Keefe (JJ) shared as he and Jen were coming to the Albert home for the after party. At 12:27 am she wrote here, then pull behind me, then Hello?? at 12:40.

After "JJ" had texted where to? she never heard from him again. Repeated texts continue until 1245. At 5 am after Karen Read called her Jen texted again "Please answer" and then Karen's worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SquirrelChaser