MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly the night they had he probably could have stuck them through a thorn bush and not even noticed. Doesn't look like any dog bite I've seen, and I've seen a few.

The issue I have with the FBI 'these injuries are impossible from a car' angle is no they ain't. It he was standing upright sure. But why assuming a blackout drunk man on ice and snow in the dark was standing? If he got really unlucky and slipped over at the wrong moment he could have been on his hands and knees and basically headbutted a car being backed up by an equally blackout drunk person. It would be the equivalent of being hit over the head with a bat and she could have driven off assuming she'd missed him him walking in, while the party people would assume he'd gone home.
He'd have little more than a head wound and the cold would do the rest.
She hit him then left the scene so he could die in the fg freezing cold blizzard. John's life may have been saved without that callous behavior but oh, how sweet to raise her shirt in a failed attempt to warm his body.

Telltale, I'd not thought of the trees, hedge, bushes near his body possibly causing the arm injuries. I have no doubt this man was propelled into the air while she watched in her rear view mirror.

John exited that dark SUV at the roadside. He may have been facing the house with intentions of entering the home with the other guests. He didn't hear her coming because she didn't gun the engine. Instead she drove forward enough so that she had to reverse only 60 feet to reach his location.

Her SUV goes from 0 to 60 in 6 or 7 seconds. It traveled 60' at 24mph. That distance only took two (2) seconds to impact with John. And people wonder why no one in the 34 FV house saw it happen. Pfft

http://Is he dead?’: Jurors in Karen Read murder trial: data from Read’s SUV drove 60 feet in reverse at 24 miles per hour.

JMO MHOO

Oh, I see. So, it's likely many people are highly influenced by TB and his repulsive journalism tactics. imo I do not read his work but know his rep. While I relish the truth, some people enjoy being swept up into dramatic conspiracies. Karen loved being made into a star on the courthouse steps, even if it meant trampling on John's memory. The mob campaign has backfired. Didn't AJ know the glory would end or did he hope it'd last at least until verdict?

Among other charges, TB has domestic abuse charges pending. In light of the recent release of PD's cctv, people are outraged when men beat their women, as, rightfully, society should be intolerant. He can blog from prison, imo.

IMO, Karen viscerally felt the worm turn this week. Some jurors wept along with AMc, then glared at the defense table. Karen saw it coming when the texts between John and Jen were revealed over strong protestations to the Judge. Their grand scheme to make Karen the victim has failed. AJ may rue the day he enjoyed TBs attention to his High Profile case. He's accustomed to HP cases like KS. AJ prosecuted Phil Spector in 2007 so he learned how to counter the prosecution with finesse. His brilliant closing in that case.

I heard the brain tumor is actually a series of headaches. Migraines will make one feel like their brain has a tumor on fire between their ears. She can order tylenol from the prison pharm. JMO

MOO

The situation when the court moves from a normal room to a tiny one is allegorical.

MOO: It was a banal case of blizzard and alcohol. Someone tried to turn it into the process of the era, something like Affaire Dreyfus, exposing police corruption and going higher. I suspect Yanetti’s ambition. (JA pulls his famous clients out of long prison terms, out of money but sends them into oblivion, this is his style.) However, Canton’s policemen are so average, the town is so blue-collar that no “villain “ accusation sticks. Mostly, Yanetti is not Picquard and Aidan Kearney is definitely not Emile Zola.

Last edited:
Their night is mostly on CCTV. They were drinking on camera and there are counts. She drank some stupid amount and he was keeping up. Plus a tone of witnesses to the state of them, they were not even close to sober.

The wounds on his arm didn't need immediate medical attention anyway. He wouldn't have had to be that buzzed to leave it for later. Plus I am pretty sure they got swabbed and had no dog DNA. The dog angel was always a weak storyline in any case. It's just there to throw more chaff.
Have you seen a picture of the wounds to his arm? They're not from a thornbush and they would have needed stitches. They did not swab any part of him. They swabbed his shirt after it had been laying on the floor of the hospital and probably many other places.

What are the counts of the drinking? I haven't seen that stated anywhere.

She hit him then left the scene so he could die in the fg freezing cold blizzard. John's life may have been saved without that callous behavior but oh, how sweet to raise her shirt in a failed attempt to warm his body.

Telltale, I'd not thought of the trees, hedge, bushes near his body possibly causing the arm injuries. I have no doubt this man was propelled into the air while she watched in her rear view mirror.

John exited that dark SUV at the roadside. He may have been facing the house with intentions of entering the home with the other guests. He didn't hear her coming because she didn't gun the engine. Instead she drove forward enough so that she had to reverse only 60 feet to reach his location.

Her SUV goes from 0 to 60 in 6 or 7 seconds. It traveled 60' at 24mph. That distance only took two (2) seconds to impact with John. And people wonder why no one in the 34 FV house saw it happen. Pfft

http://Is he dead?’: Jurors in Karen Read murder trial: data from Read’s SUV drove 60 feet in reverse at 24 miles per hour.

JMO MHOO
In reverse? Reverse doesn't shift up to a higher gear so there is a much lower top speed and takes much longer to get speed. Anyway, 24 mph in reverse at night after a few drinks - no way!

Have you seen a picture of the wounds to his arm? They're not from a thornbush and they would have needed stitches. They did not swab any part of him. They swabbed his shirt after it had been laying on the floor of the hospital and probably many other places.

What are the counts of the drinking? I haven't seen that stated anywhere.
I didn't mean to say it was a bush, just that at a certain level of drunk you could ignore them.

There was a deposition or something where they basically followed her around on the CCTV of that night and confirmed each drink she's seen with and asked her what each were. It was a while ago so I can't remember where you'd find it. Pretty sure they asked her about his drinks as well.

I didn't mean to say it was a bush, just that at a certain level of drunk you could ignore them.

There was a deposition or something where they basically followed her around on the CCTV of that night and confirmed each drink she's seen with and asked her what each were. It was a while ago so I can't remember where you'd find it. Pretty sure they asked her about his drinks as well.
link please

(Snipped)

JMO MHOO
Not seeing any evidence in this link of KR pulling forward then reversing 60 ft at 24 mph?

Not sure her link was working - I could not get it to work so had to copy/paste into a browser. May have been a different link than what I got, but my question remains is there evidence of her car telematics being admitted yet?

Nothing in court yet.
The CW is still on eye witnesses ( who didn't see KR hit JOK )
There has been zero forensic evidence in court yet.
( Unless you count the Solo Cups)
The Vet DNA expert was a bust. You can blame that on Solo Cups too. ;)

MOO

Nothing in court yet.
The CW is still on eye witnesses ( who didn't see KR hit JOK )
There has been zero forensic evidence in court yet.
( Unless you count the Solo Cups)
The Vet DNA expert was a bust. You can blame that on Solo Cups too. ;)

MOO
Thanks for the update! That's what I thought, I try to keep up by watching Vinnie Politan every night and it is usually his lead story for the first 45 minutes, so figured he would have def covered that if it had happened.

Seems like opinions being stated as facts in this thread without required evidence.

Plus I am pretty sure they got swabbed and had no dog DNA. The dog angel was always a weak storyline in any case. It's just there to throw more chaff.
Snipped above for focus: Did you watch day 12 or possibly it was day 13 of the trial? The only swabs the prosecution presented as being sent to animal dna expert for analysis were taken from a shirt.Imo.

ETA It follows that describing 'the dog angle' as chaff appears premature imo. especially as the truly horrific looking wounds to JO's arm appear as deep and wide scrapes or scratches. The only thing I'm pretty sure about is that I haven't yet heard any expert testimony to explain how JO got injured in that way.

Last edited:
@iusedtofloat was asking about a theory I posted for discussion a few days ago. In my theory I suggested that the arm wounds could come from a stray dog or other animal who happened upon John while he was lying there overnight.

I'm no doctor or animal expert so I don't know if it could have happened that way. But in all the chatter I haven't heard anyone suggest it as a possibility, so I thought it was an interesting topic for discussion.

Edit - Although in my post I say that Karen tapped him, another possibility would be that he just slipped of his own accord and banged his head into the fire hydrant that's right next to where his body was found. I wonder if it was ever checked for blood or DNA.

Haven't seen the autopsy discussed much but it's been said he had multiple skull fractures in addition to the 2 inch gash on his head and other facial and arm injuries. Hard to imagine the fire hydrant doing that to him. JMO

the feds investigation stated he could NOT have been hit by a vehicle to get the injuries he had
Could he have gotten the head injury by slipping and hitting the back of his head on Higgins snowplow? One other thought, regarding the "flipping over", I thought I heard her say "they've TURNED HIM OVER", which I took to mean, the paramedics were there, and the distraught women had turned over the CPR to them. IMO, JMO

Not sure her link was working - I could not get it to work so had to copy/paste into a browser. May have been a different link than what I got, but my question remains is there evidence of her car telematics being admitted yet?
If you just google search you will get some articles. Lally, the prosecutor, states in the opening that he will show she drove 60 feet in reverse at 24 mph, their relationship had soured, and she said "I hit him".

We have heard only testimony on the "I hit him." It will be interesting to see if his other two accusations will be presented. So far, all the testimony that I have seen indicated JO and KR were happy that night and drinking but not noticeably drunk.

Fourteen days to get the "I hit him" as the only evidence?? Has there been any other real evidence against KR?

I'd want the FBI expert to know what shape or some idea of what did cause JO's head wound. I'm sure of course that is all analyzed and known or possibilities, also anything found in his wound has been identified. Maybe that will be told. I just am curious myself.
There has been testimony of a jeep w/ a snow plow attachment parked in front of 34 Fairview belonging to BA. If I recall, the testimony was that KR's vehicle was parked in front of that jeep. It is certainly possible that she did strike him with her vehicle either intentionally or otherwise and he fell back into the snow plow causing the deep laceration to the back of his head and possibly other injuries. I'm not saying this is my opinion of what happened but what COULD have happened.

Or there could've been an altercation outside by the curb with any number of people there that night resulting in the head injury being caused by the snow plow.

Or he could've gotten out of the car and slipped and fell into it after KR drove off.

I haven't seen mention of the Jeep in any posts yet. All theoretical speculation on my part but the bit about the Jeep with the plow attachment gave me a possibility as to what may have caused the injury to the back of his head. There are any number of ways JO could've come in contact with it...hit by the car, assaulted, slipped and fell while in an inebriated state.

The prosecution, in my opinion, has introduced nothing to date that places responsibility for Officer O'Keefe's death beyond a reasonable doubt. In fact, I believe they've only succeeded in introducing doubt.

I'm still not convinced of either her involvement or her innocence nor am I convinced of a massive conspiracy. The truth may likely lie somewhere in between.

There has been testimony of a jeep w/ a snow plow attachment parked in front of 34 Fairview belonging to BA. If I recall, the testimony was that KR's vehicle was parked in front of that jeep. It is certainly possible that she did strike him with her vehicle either intentionally or otherwise and he fell back into the snow plow causing the deep laceration to the back of his head and possibly other injuries. I'm not saying this is my opinion of what happened but what COULD have happened.

Or there could've been an altercation outside by the curb with any number of people there that night resulting in the head injury being caused by the snow plow.

Or he could've gotten out of the car and slipped and fell into it after KR drove off.

I haven't seen mention of the Jeep in any posts yet. All theoretical speculation on my part but the bit about the Jeep with the plow attachment gave me a possibility as to what may have caused the injury to the back of his head. There are any number of ways JO could've come in contact with it...hit by the car, assaulted, slipped and fell while in an inebriated state.
have you looked at his autopsy pics? the gash on the back of his head, imo, did not come from a curb or being hit by a car. neither did the bites and scratches on his arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deluhg01