MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Snipped)

Not to mention staging an on camera accident over the precise location on the vehicle she is a accused of hitting John with hours earlier.
Are you talking about KR backing up into JO's car on her way to Jen McCabe's the next morning? When she is supposedly hysterical, still drunk and basically incoherently screaming "Jen! Jen!" constantly?

Sorry but IMHO that makes no sense. Can't have it both ways. If she is coherent enough to think she needs to stage an accident to crack her tail light then the rest of the testimony makes no sense.

I am searching high and low and in between for the police report from the responding officers at the scene at 34 Fairview that includes KR stating 'I hit him'.

Help a brother out with a sweet link to the report. I have seen it mentioned a bunch of times but I can't find it. So many mentions!!

So, yes, the report from the responding officer(s) at the scene where the report says KR said 'I hit him'.

Thanks guys and gals!!!

One EMT heard her yell that. She didn't "tell LE she hit him". It should have had no bearing on their interest in searching a property.

JMO
Let's review her Nightline lines

She said she watched John walk to the side door of the 34 FV house.
Then, she says, "If I somehow incapacitated..."
How could she think she'd possibly incapacitated John if she saw him walk to the side door unless she's lying about seeing him walk to the side door?

MOO

Let's review her Nightline lines

She said she watched John walk to the side door of the 34 FV house.
Then, she says, "If I somehow incapacitated..."
How could she think she'd possibly incapacitated John if she saw him walk to the side door unless she's lying about seeing him walk to the side door?

MOO

Do you have a link? All I've ever said is the prosecution hasn't proven she did anything in this current trial. I'm not basing my opinion on TV news magazines or anything else. I'm basing my opinions on what I see in this trial. JMO

ETA: I came into this trial with completely unbiased expectations and no opinion either way.

Last edited:
Do you have a link? All I've ever said is the prosecution hasn't proven she did anything in this current trial. I'm not basing my opinion on TV news magazines or anything else. I'm basing my opinions on what I see in this trial. JMO

ETA: I came into this trial with completely unbiased expectations and no opinion either way.
Also, Karen Read states she had 4 drinks that night. Nightline reports the glass shards from John's cocktail glass are embedded into the SUV's bumper. I suspect the broken shards could have made the cuts on his arm.

AUG 22, 2023

Right!
KR made her own bed when she confessed to THREE PEOPLE in the heat of the moment before all that grog wore off and she became clearer thinking.....

no less one of them.... a police officer. smh.

Not to mention reinserting herself into the scene of the crime.....WITH BACK UP.

Not to mention staging an on camera accident over the precise location on the vehicle she is a accused of hitting John with hours earlier.

Not to mention the 'missing' ring camera footage. vanished poof!

eda
And interestingly enough, none of these people felt those statements were important enough to question her about in that moment. Or even include them in their reports, and follow up reports about that morning.

Don't forget the "missing" library footage that CW is claiming they no longer have - that would show whether her taillight was intact or not at 12:37am, on her drive home.

Also, Karen Read states she had 4 drinks that night. Nightline reports the glass shards from John's cocktail glass are embedded into the SUV's bumper. I suspect the broken shards could have made the cuts on his arm.

AUG 22, 2023

If it's as clear cut as there are broken shards embedded in his body and this all so succinctly points to KR then why hasn't this been brought up yet? Spend 14 days presenting a case and still have yet to see any testimony about this. Patiently waiting. You'd think that's a point worth hammering home but what do I know, IANAL. I again say, I have yet to see any proof in the court of law. Haven't even heard testimony about KR being sooo obvious and obliviously under the influence.

At this point, I need an a medical explanation for John's wounds, which I can not see how a car caused those scratches. I want to see what the state of his clothing was in relation to his wounds.

Besides all that, I think The DA overreached with a murder charge. If they truly believe she did it, it should have been involuntary manslaughter.
I don't know what happened to John. Usually I am not AT ALL partial to conspiracy theories. However, local cops have a degree of power over things that I don't trust them to always have integrity. They can do things that regular people would get arrested for.

For people who don't believe these types of horrible things happen here is the Stoughton cops link:
RB(and snipped)BM- the thing is: it's not a conspiracy theory. corruption happens everyday in this country. the government has recently gotten involved, investigating police departments after MANY complaints about corruption, excessive force, negligence, etc.

this is like watching a Reno 911 version of a trial. CA's testimony killed me. "Have you spoken to Allie in the last 5 years?" "I don't remember" lol yet she was his ride to get away from the crime scene...

If it's as clear cut as there are broken shards embedded in his body and this all so succinctly points to KR then why hasn't this been brought up yet? Spend 14 days presenting a case and still have yet to see any testimony about this. Patiently waiting. You'd think that's a point worth hammering home but what do I know, IANAL. I again say, I have yet to see any proof in the court of law. Haven't even heard testimony about KR being sooo obvious and obliviously under the influence.
exactly. never have i witnessed a trial where the prosecuting attorney acts like a defense lawyer for the witnesses, as if they are on trial. he's too worried about protecting them and providing alibis for them instead of focusing on karen read. he has yet to bring a single thing to the forefront indicating she is responsible for johns demise.

It's coming. Can't stop the crescendo of this train. I am NAL. I will allow Lally to prosecute the case in court as he sees fit.

MOO

Nightline reports the glass shards from John's cocktail glass are embedded into the SUV's bumper. I suspect the broken shards could have made the cuts on his arm.

Having trouble imagining how a cocktail glass could fly out of his hand into the air and somehow break and in the process caused furrows (EMT's description) from his forearm to his upper arm. I'm fairly certain no CW expert will even try that one.

Last night by my house a pedestrian got hit by a F150 while crossing the street. Not sure how fast the truck was going but the speed limit is 40mph. Slight damage to one of the headlights and body and the pedestrian was killed. So many factors in play. How fast was KR going? Where did she hit JO? How did he land...did he bang his head on the ground? The curb? Was there a curb?

Last night by my house a pedestrian got hit by a F150 while crossing the street. Not sure how fast the truck was going but the speed limit is 40mph. Slight damage to one of the headlights and body and the pedestrian was killed. So many factors in play. How fast was KR going? Where did she hit JO? How did he land...did he bang his head on the ground? The curb? Was there a curb?
"The federal investigators hired, independent of us, we had no idea, and independent of the Commonwealth, hired a professional reconstructionist, three PhDs, to look into exactly this issue," Jackson said. "Did Karen Read's SUV make contact with John O'Keefe? And their conclusion, to a person, was his injuries were inconsistent with the damage on the car. The damage on the car was inconsistent with having made contact with John O'Keefe's body. In other words, the car didn't hit him, and he wasn't hit by the car."

Thanks for bringing up the Stoughton fiasco again. I do hope people read up on it.
I know I mentioned it earlier but this may be a case that if you are not local, it’s hard to understand the environment or you may think what may be going on is far fetched. If you are LE, have family, neighbor or friends that are LE, and you live in metro Boston - you know what can happen.
I don’t know what happened here. None of us do.
But to me it appears they were too quick to arrest and charge KR and did a piss poor investigation ( the investigation alone should set her free) and now they are caught in a bad situation.
Because, yikes, was this just business as usual? Maybe. Are other cases compromised? Most people in KR’s shoes would have taken a plea.
She is referred to as the c word and her phone is looked thru for nudes. That tells you what kind of power the “real” people in power thought she had - as in nada.
They never expected for her to rise to the occasion and defend herself.
So now the witness for the P/ and the actual P are all operating with nothing in a very flawed case They are struggling bc of their own incompetence or worse.
If you don’t see reasonable doubt at this point then imo you don’t understand the definition of reasonable doubt. Just imo.
There were so many party goers peering out “behind the curtains” watching all the activity in front of the house, like Gladys Kravetz all night , it would not have been missed.
A black SUV backing up Sixty feet -@ 24 mph. How far is 60 ft ?
So if you consider each story of a house to be 10 ft. - put one triple decker on top of another - And from the ground to the top is 60 ft ish. Six story’s.
That a really short distance to get going IN REVERSE that fast. Then you need to brake - and that doesn’t stop you on a dime. And the roads are wet. KR is trashed supposedly but can drive with precision? Make it make sense.
And not one of those Gladys Kravetz curious types see anything?
I am waiting for the reenactment.
There are so many thing that don’t add up they make my brain hurt.
Just my opinion
I see that you are also local. Triple deckers gave it away!

It's coming. Can't stop the crescendo of this train. I am NAL. I will allow Lally to prosecute the case in court as he sees fit.

MOO

It could be that Lally, in prosecuting this case, is attempting to bore justice seekers to the point of not even watching the trial. Thus allowing the cw to push their slanted agenda without dissent. JMOO

It could be that Lally, in prosecuting this case, is attempting to bore justice seekers to the point of not even watching the trial. Thus allowing the cw to push their slanted agenda without dissent. JMOO

Yeah, I surely don't see any crescendo. More like 'The Little Engine that Could'. Poor Jury is needin some speed heah! Lally's train is running into a wall of flood waters of Reasonable Doubt is what I see. But, That's just MO.

She may have had a drink or 2 when she got home at JO’s house. We don’t know.

She may have had a drink or 2 when she got home at JO’s house. We don’t know.
True, we don't know. Seems like we should know that,imo. Anyone ever ask her about that? With the EXTREME details elicited by some of the questions asked by the attorneys in this case, seems like some notable details have been totally ignored and omitted, especially about this time period when KR got back to JO's after leaving him at the Alberts'.

I don't recall hearing one word about that time period. Nothing until the phone call she made, or actually JO's niece made, I believe to JM, in the early morning hours. But that would've been several hours after KR got there. So what happened during those hours?

I believe it was said the bed was made and was probably not slept in that night. KR may have crashed on the couch, but has it ever been said whether she slept at all that night? That seems important to me. Maybe I just missed that.

The niece is the one who made the call to JM (or was it JA?) and then handed the phone over to KR to talk. I assume the niece wasn't up that early in the morning normally. Did KR wake her up? If so, was it on purpose or just by making noise being distraught about JO not yet home?

When KR gets on the phone, she first says that she's worried about JO not coming home all night, after she last saw him at the bar, Waterfall! She had to be corrected that she actually last saw him at 34 FV. She said she thought she left him at the bar! Was she just THAT wasted and really didn't remember? I could believe that. I used to get there a lot. But if so, she was surely more inebriated than everyone's making her out to be, and imo, that should be factored into all the events and her behavior that morning and everyone's account of all that. It makes a difference if she was that drunk. Things go differently when people get that drunk, in lots of ways. IMO.

One last point, didn't they ever simply look at the vehicle in JO's lot that KR is shown on video possibly backing up into that morning? (I believe it was JO's vehicle.) If she had even tapped it enough to break her taillight, there should be at least some evidence of that on it, might even be microscopic, but they could see it if it's there, imo.

I have so many questions on this case, many of which I don't understand how they could have gone unanswered. SO many seemingly irrelevant details have been brought out in excruciating detail, but seems some crucial stuff left out!

Seems like they're purposefully wasting time, dragging out the process, just bc they're paid by the hour. Terrible but seems like that to me. Seems like they are putting off some crucial info until after alllllllll this irrelevant, repetitious, inconsequential fodder has been thoroughly hammered on and on and on. If they have some smoking gun, some clincher, some coffin nail, why would they save it?? Why keep it a secret till later, til after all the jurors are bored to sleep?? Maybe bc they don't have it, neither side, IDK. Maybe the whole strategy on both sides is simply obfuscation, confusion, distraction ad nauseam, in the face of a lack of actual factual hard evidence one way or another.

Wonder what would have happened if they had just accused her of a total accidental death? Instead of MURDER!

moo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member