MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night by my house a pedestrian got hit by a F150 while crossing the street. Not sure how fast the truck was going but the speed limit is 40mph. Slight damage to one of the headlights and body and the pedestrian was killed. So many factors in play. How fast was KR going? Where did she hit JO? How did he land...did he bang his head on the ground? The curb? Was there a curb?
If the feds have determined that KR could not have possibly caused his injuries, I'm inclined to believe them. Unsure why others are having that problem. Interesting if you trust the local 'good ol boy' cops and not the outside federal investigators who aren't chummy with the whole police force in Canton...

One look at those autopsy pics and it's obvious he did not get hit by a vehicle. I have seen multiple autopsies where the decedent was hit by a moving vehicle, and shockingly, none of them have bite marks or scratch marks on their arms. Road rash is one thing, but none of John's injuries signify that

True, we don't know. Seems like we should know that,imo. Anyone ever ask her about that? With the EXTREME details elicited by some of the questions asked by the attorneys in this case, seems like some notable details have been totally ignored and omitted, especially about this time period when KR got back to JO's after leaving him at the Alberts'.

I don't recall hearing one word about that time period. Nothing until the phone call she made, or actually JO's niece made, I believe to JM, in the early morning hours. But that would've been several hours after KR got there. So what happened during those hours?

I believe it was said the bed was made and was probably not slept in that night. KR may have crashed on the couch, but has it ever been said whether she slept at all that night? That seems important to me. Maybe I just missed that.

The niece is the one who made the call to JM (or was it JA?) and then handed the phone over to KR to talk. I assume the niece wasn't up that early in the morning normally. Did KR wake her up? If so, was it on purpose or just by making noise being distraught about JO not yet home?

When KR gets on the phone, she first says that she's worried about JO not coming home all night, after she last saw him at the bar, Waterfall! She had to be corrected that she actually last saw him at 34 FV. She said she thought she left him at the bar! Was she just THAT wasted and really didn't remember? I could believe that. I used to get there a lot. But if so, she was surely more inebriated than everyone's making her out to be, and imo, that should be factored into all the events and her behavior that morning and everyone's account of all that. It makes a difference if she was that drunk. Things go differently when people get that drunk, in lots of ways. IMO.

One last point, didn't they ever simply look at the vehicle in JO's lot that KR is shown on video possibly backing up into that morning? (I believe it was JO's vehicle.) If she had even tapped it enough to break her taillight, there should be at least some evidence of that on it, might even be microscopic, but they could see it if it's there, imo.

I have so many questions on this case, many of which I don't understand how they could have gone unanswered. SO many seemingly irrelevant details have been brought out in excruciating detail, but seems some crucial stuff left out!

Seems like they're purposefully wasting time, dragging out the process, just bc they're paid by the hour. Terrible but seems like that to me. Seems like they are putting off some crucial info until after alllllllll this irrelevant, repetitious, inconsequential fodder has been thoroughly hammered on and on and on. If they have some smoking gun, some clincher, some coffin nail, why would they save it?? Why keep it a secret till later, til after all the jurors are bored to sleep?? Maybe bc they don't have it, neither side, IDK. Maybe the whole strategy on both sides is simply obfuscation, confusion, distraction ad nauseam, in the face of a lack of actual factual hard evidence one way or another.

Wonder what would have happened if they had just accused her of a total accidental death? Instead of MURDER!

moo!

I'm wondering what the FBI investigation has uncovered and why the harassment of the mccabes and alberts has come to bear and yet nothing regarding the over 3000 pages of FBI investigation in addition to the FBI grand jury which was mentioned as that other grand jury. That should have opened that door. The investigation and collection of evidence was a farce and so is the way this trial is being handled. IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm wondering what the FBI investigation has uncovered and why the harassment of the mccabes and alberts has come to bear and yet nothing regarding the over 3000 pages of FBI investigation in addition to the FBI grand jury which was mentioned as that other grand jury. That should have opened that door. The investigation and collection of evidence was a farce and so is the way this trial is being handled. IMO
So true! The entire trial is a farce, AFAIC.
I watched another murder trial in AZ recently, with a similar situation. The police investigation was seriously lacking, the proof claimed was non existent, and a citizen was unduly prosecuted. The trial ended in a mistrial, with no plans for a retrial by the state.

This trial ? With the same lack of investigation, questionable "proof" and a FED investigation proves equally damaging. Even Lally wanted to delay the trial, due to the looming federal inquiries and findings. The same excuse in both of these trials is that the DA INSISTED on continuing. This is highly suspicious, and doesn't go un-noticed. Lally gets up there and gives his best Eeyore imitation. IMO. He knows where this is headed....

ETA: And so does Judge Bev

Last edited by a moderator:
So true! The entire trial is a farce, AFAIC.
I watched another murder trial in AZ recently, with a similar situation. The police investigation was seriously lacking, the proof claimed was non existent, and a citizen was unduly prosecuted. The trial ended in a mistrial, with no plans for a retrial by the state.

This trial ? With the same lack of investigation, questionable "proof" and a FED investigation proves equally damaging. Even Lally wanted to delay the trial, due to the looming federal inquiries and findings. The same excuse in both of these trials is that the DA INSISTED on continuing. This is highly suspicious, and doesn't go un-noticed. Lally gets up there and gives his best Eeyore imitation. IMO. He knows where this is headed....

ETA: And so does Judge Bev

I had the unfortunate experience of following a mishandled investigation and trial, but in this case the man was found guilty. The investigators didn't even know how to figure or allow for UTC time and gossip and hearsay was admitted as evidence. His later appeals were overthrown as the bias went all the way to the top. Granted he could have been guilty but IMO it was not proved beyond a reasonable doubt. Let's just say that I won't even drive thru that state.....JMO

I had the unfortunate experience of following a mishandled investigation and trial, but in this case the man was found guilty. The investigators didn't even know how to figure or allow for UTC time and gossip and hearsay was admitted as evidence. His later appeals were overthrown as the bias went all the way to the top. Granted he could have been guilty but IMO it was not proved beyond a reasonable doubt. Let's just say that I won't even drive thru that state.....JMO
I'm waiting for bombshells. There must be as what do I know. I'm a simple sort. They just better do it right is my translation.

If the feds have determined that KR could not have possibly caused his injuries, I'm inclined to believe them. Unsure why others are having that problem. Interesting if you trust the local 'good ol boy' cops and not the outside federal investigators who aren't chummy with the whole police force in Canton...

One look at those autopsy pics and it's obvious he did not get hit by a vehicle. I have seen multiple autopsies where the decedent was hit by a moving vehicle, and shockingly, none of them have bite marks or scratch marks on their arms. Road rash is one thing, but none of John's injuries signify that
Were the arm wounds tested for DNA? I know nothing of the federal investigation as I am just going by what has been presented in court so far.

Were the arm wounds tested for DNA? I know nothing of the federal investigation as I am just going by what has been presented in court so far.

Federal investigation​

In February, the U.S. Attorney's office provided over 3,000 pages of documents about their investigation into the case. Defense attorney Alan Jackson said in court Tuesday that included in the paperwork was information about federal investigators hiring a reconstruction expert.
"The federal investigators hired, independent of us, we had no idea, and independent of the Commonwealth, hired a professional reconstructionist, three PhDs, to look into exactly this issue," Jackson said. "Did Karen Read's SUV make contact with John O'Keefe? And their conclusion, to a person, was his injuries were inconsistent with the damage on the car. The damage on the car was inconsistent with having made contact with John O'Keefe's body. In other words, the car didn't hit him, and he wasn't hit by the car."

No, the only thing tested that we are aware of so far in the trial is the shirt taken off JO and thrown on the floor of the ambulance, later they lost track I believe and finally found it but not sure where.

This trial has been short on details that matter.

No tissue samples were taken from John's injury so there was nothing to test.
Thank you HarmonyE. I thought and feared I had read that somewhere in the long past for this case. Astonishing IMO.

And that, unfortunately brings me right to……. does someone not want to know the truth? HITH was that not checked? Almost unforgivable. I am sadly reminded of Jack Nicholson’s character Colonel Nathan R. Jessup in A Few Good Men - ‘you can’t handle the truth’. And no Harmony, I don’t mean you! MOO

A broken tail light. KR crying I hit him. KR bizzare behaviour the next morning. The Plaintiffs relative texting 'hos long to die in the cold', the FBI (?) claiming the broken tail light was not consistent with JO injuries. A group text for people in the house saying something like 'tell them he was not in the house'. Doubtful testimony from both sides. I am glad I am not a jury on this case. At this stage I am thinking they could both be culpable. Maybe KR did hit him, but not hard enough to cause grave injuries, more bruising, pain. He then went into the house and something nefarious happened.

If, and only if he had mentioned the incident in the house, and if something had happened in the house, the front lawn was the logical place to place the body. MOO

Last edited:
There is not one bit of credible evidence that points to KR. Appears to be lots of perjury and inconsistent stories so far.
In my opinion she likely him with her car, but just enough to cause bumps and bruises. JO went into the house and meruined it. If then something nefarious happened in the house a plan may have been put together to blame it on being hit by the car. MOO

In my opinion she likely him with her car, but just enough to cause bumps and bruises. JO went into the house and meruined it. If then something nefarious happened in the house a plan may have been put together to blame it on being hit by the car. MOO
Something, as he was right where she was last seen stopped. SO weird, all of that, if we only could of had a birds eye view of some kind at the time.

The reconstruction experts hired by federal investigators don't influence your thinking at all? They found no evidence of car/body contact.

I am trying to piece together the ‘I hit him’, the broken tail light, the alleged shards of the tail light found in JO body.
It sounds like the reconstruction experts also tried to 'piece it all together' but they could not. They found no evidence of car/body contact.

And these experts were not hired by the defense.

So you think he was hit by Karen's car and also beaten in the house? I don't agree that's at all likely.

He also didn't have bumps and bruises. His likely fatal injury was a 2.5 inch deep laceration to the back of the skull with associated skull fractures. Eye swelling and bruising probably as a result of the head injury. There were bruises on the backs of both hands He also had lacerations up and down his right arm. No torso injuries, no rib or pelvis fractures, no leg injuries.

So you think he was hit by Karen's car and also beaten in the house? I don't agree that's at all likely.

He also didn't have bumps and bruises. His likely fatal injury was a 2.5 inch deep laceration to the back of the skull with associated skull fractures. Eye swelling and bruising probably as a result of the head injury. There were bruises on the backs of both hands He also had lacerations up and down his right arm. No torso injuries, no rib or pelvis fractures, no leg injuries.
how would you explain KR crying that 'she must have hit him' when first responders arrived?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX