MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
"We all called him Johnny," says Paul O'Keefe. He says his sister Kristen passed away from a brain tumor in 2013. Her husband Steven died two months later in January 2014. They left behind two children, ages 6 and 3.

12:18 PM · Apr 29, 2024

@BienickWCVB

Paul says his brother John moved into his late sister's home to take care of niece Kayley (6) and nephew Patrick (3).

12:20 PM · Apr 29, 2024

Paul says his brother John took care of kids for eight years before he died. Paul says John had two long-term relationships during that time, one with a woman named Amy and the other with Karen Read.

Paul O'Keefe is asked to identify Read in the courtroom and points to her at the defense table. Says his brother and Read had previously dated in 2004, then got back together in March 2020.

@BienickWCVB

During the start of the pandemic, John O'Keefe continued to work as a police officer and Read worked from his home where the children were.

Paul says John mostly kept to himself about his relationship with Read. He didn't like that she spent a lot of money on gifts for kids and what she fed them, he says.

@BienickWCVB

Yannetti's opening was much superior to Lally's, IMO.

And I think we even got some new revelations which haven't been discussed before: Proctor was texting with his high school pals on the day of KO's death giving them details of the case, telling them that he wouldn't investigate the homeowners and saying that he was searching KR's phone for nudes. He also said that KR should kill herself.
That was pure insanity. I am not shocked by bad cops though. Or bad men. lol

@BienickWCVB

Paul says he was planning to get together with his brother John on Jan. 29th. But then a big snowstorm hit the area so they decided to cancel.

Paul says he noticed the first flurries between 1030pm and 11pm after returning from coaching his daughters at a basketball game.

Paul says he received a group text from his brother that his niece Kayley had been accepted at Bishop Feehan High School and nephew Patrick had good math scores. Says it was a "proud dad" moment for John.

Paul says his mother called him at 6am the next day to say his brother had been found in the snow and was at Good Samaritan Hospital in Brockton.

Paul says after he got call from his mother, he went to Good Samaritan Hospital. Says driving was very poor because of weather.

Yannetti's opening was much superior to Lally's, IMO.

And I think we even got some new revelations which haven't been discussed before: Proctor was texting with his high school pals on the day of KO's death giving them details of the case, telling them that he wouldn't investigate the homeowners and saying that he was searching KR's phone for nudes. He also said that KR should kill herself.
Ultimately, this is what makes me so frustrated about this case. There is a very real chance O'Keefe's family will never get justice, or even know the truth of what happened to their loved one - and issues like this will be a huge reason why. The LEAD INVESTIGATOR was doing this within the first 24 hours after discovering the body.

During the drive from the hospital to Canton, Paul says "it was probably the worst driving conditions I've driven in, as far as weather."

Paul was the one who told Kaley and Patrick what had happened to John. Says Read called and asked if she could come over and see the kids. He said sure.

@BienickWCVB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member