MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
John O’Keefe’s brother testified Monday morning in the #KarenRead trial. Paul O’Keefe testified that when he said goodbye to the Boston police officer in the hospital, John was “pretty banged up” and had swollen eyes that looked like “ping-pong balls."

Yannetti's opening was much superior to Lally's, IMO.

And I think we even got some new revelations which haven't been discussed before: Proctor was texting with his high school pals on the day of KO's death giving them details of the case, telling them that he wouldn't investigate the homeowners and saying that he was searching KR's phone for nudes. He also said that KR should kill herself.
Lally was so 'low energy' and he was barely speaking into the mic. I actually can't remember a single word he said.

Meanwhile Yanetti is barging in there like an absolute beast!

@CantonCommunity

Officer Sarif: Karen said that she did this, that she did this. In and out of the Cruzer. Walking around. Told her, they’re doing the best they can to save him. Saw no track marks from the residents. His head was toward the house. Karen Read was very upset. He spoke with McCabe.

“The defendant, Karen Read, is guilty of murder in the second degree. Striking of the victim, Mr. O'Keefe, with a car, knocking him back on to the ground, striking his head on the ground, causing the bleeding in his brain, swelling and then leaving him there,” said prosecutor Adam Lally.

“Karen Read was framed. Her car never struck John O'Keefe. She did not cause his death. And that means that somebody else did it,” said defense attorney David Yannetti.

Her defense has long centered on allegations of a cover-up involving members of several law enforcement agencies. They claim O'Keefe was beaten inside the home, bitten by a dog, and then left outside.

Judge Beverly Cannone ruled Thursday that the defense will be allowed to argue that someone else killed O'Keefe, but not during opening statements.

I've just watched the commonwealth's opening statement again (or tried to at least).

I used to work in a mortgage call centre and my induction training for that job was more interesting than that prosecutor's opening argument. There were a few audio issues in the courtroom but I'm amazed by how he managed to present the case for such a high profile murder prosecution so boring!

Proctor is not on the prosecution's witness list. He is on the defense's list though.

He is on the DA's witness list. However, the judge did suggest that the prosecution wouldn't call him.

1714427927432.png

I haven't caught the entire case today but have they talked about the texts Proctor sent to his high school buddies where he was looking for nudes on Karen's personal cell phone?

This can't be the first time Proctor's done this, right? I'd bet he was doing this to every woman who's ever had to turn over her phone, be it suspect, victim or witness.

And I hate to bring this up, but Proctor was the lead investigator on the Ana Walshe murder case. You've got to wonder if he was searching through the family's electronics for pics.

Yannetti's opening was much superior to Lally's, IMO.

And I think we even got some new revelations which haven't been discussed before: Proctor was texting with his high school pals on the day of KO's death giving them details of the case, telling them that he wouldn't investigate the homeowners and saying that he was searching KR's phone for nudes. He also said that KR should kill herself.

I am literally astounded by this.

He is on the DA's witness list. However, the judge did suggest that the prosecution wouldn't call him.

View attachment 500312

This can't be the first time Proctor's done this, right? I'd bet he was doing this to every woman who's ever had to turn over her phone, be it suspect, victim or witness.

And I hate to bring this up, but Proctor was the lead investigator on the Ana Walshe murder case. You've got to wonder if he was searching through the family's electronics for pics.

can you share a link to the document this came from? Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member