MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone knows that if you’re friends on social media and are seen in a photo together it means you’re real life friends and willing to conspire to cover up a murder! *eyeroll* Geez 6-8 weeks of this!
The defense isn't making the case that the first responders were involved in a grand cover up. They're outlining their case that all roads lead back to Michael Proctor, who is a massive Achilles heal for the prosecution. Stay tuned.

IMHO It's fascinating to see how KR is described in comments on news media and social media. I've seen the following:
"glamorous"
"w h o r e"
"not a people pleaser"
"personality disorder"

I don't understand the "glamorous" adjective (perhaps relative to the area?) . And I don't know why women are expected to be "people pleasers".
To me this feels similar to a rape trial, where they try to smear the SA survivor because they were not a perfect victim.
Scrolling has become my best friend in this case. Not only the negativity about KR, but also, the lack of respect for police officer John O'Keefe.

Just let the trial play out in a court of law!

Boston has always been one of my favorite cities to visit. It's rich with history!
But, this circus is an absolute mess! :rolleyes:

Have any of the Alberts taken a polygraph yet?

Why was Karen Read the only person to have an emotional reaction to finding a dead body?

Since the defendant's appearance has been discussed, I think it's only fair to mention Lally's hair is unfortunate.

I'm not buying her supposed lack of following this case from the outset and knowing more than she is admitting to. It directly involved people she knew and associated with to various degrees. She is intentionally trying to distance herself to the point of appearing dishonest. JMOO

Jackson up now. First time addressing the jury, introduces himself and says thanks for your service. Agrees with what Lally said. Judge reels him in a bit.J ackson continues restating Lally. Court is adjourned.

Oops
Court back in session. Jackson wants to object to something. Jurors are out and gone. Judge calls a sidebar. Back on the floor. Jackson objects about Rule 14 interpretation that excluded photos. Jackson says McLaughlin’s answer: I went to school with someone named…

..Caitlin Albert. Says it set her up for impeachment. Cannone says no. Now we are adjourned.

@SueNBCBoston

"I went to school with someone named..Caitlin Albert."
This is exactly why folks following this case from Massachusetts are so invested in it. The town of Canton has the hallmarks of being rotten to the core and it appears that nobody in town can just be straightforward and honest. McLaughlin KNOWS Catilin Albert, they've hung out, gone drinking, gone to the beach. They aren't best friends but for her to say "I went to school with someone named Caitlin Albert" as though she were just a foggy memory of old is purposely misleading. This rot feeds into the concern that EVERYONE who interacted with Michael Proctor suddenly gets a better memory and starts singing from the same song sheet. Also, "Kevin Albert, the Canton Police Detective and brother of Brian Albert, was the one who contacted McLaughlin and was the one who set her up for the interview with Michael Proctor. Proctor and Kevin Albert are cross fit buddies."

Last edited:
Everyone knows that if you’re friends on social media and are seen in a photo together it means you’re real life friends and willing to conspire to cover up a murder! *eyeroll* Geez 6-8 weeks of this!

JMO
You are entirely missing the point. If you live in a small town and the investigator who is friends with your friends parents starts framing for you what happened, you can begin to believe what he's selling. It doesn't take much for a crooked cop to convince someone they heard "I hit him" when the words were actually "Did I hit him:.

@cathyrusson

The jury is heading out on the 'jury view'. They will go to the home at 34 Fairview Road where John O'Keefe was found in the front yard in the snow. We will get footage of this jury view sent to us later today (obviously jurors won't be shown). Court will resume after the view with more testimony.

1714749585805.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member