MA MA - Rapheal Teken, 37, Eric Weissman, 31, & Brandon Mess, 25, Waltham, 12 Sept 2011

Boston Bomb Suspect Eyed in Connection to 2011 Triple Murder
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/bosto...-triple-murder/story?id=19015628#.UXVvjkrwxGY

"We are looking at a possible connection with the suspect in the marathon atrocity and this active and open homicide in Waltham,'' Stephanie Guyotte, a spokeswoman for the Middlesex County District Attorney, confirmed to ABC News.

One of Mess' relatives yesterday told investigators they thought it was odd that Tsarnaev did not attend the funerals for his slain friend. The Mess relative also described animosity between the two friends "over Brendan's lifestyle,'' two law enforcement sources said.

A Waltham investigator who called the murders "the worst bloodbath I have ever seen in a long law enforcement career" said Tsarnaev has now proven he had the propensity for the type of violence that unfolded two years ago.

"There was no forced entry, it was clear that the victims had let the killer in. And their throats were slashed right out of an al Qaeda training video.

Thanks Bessie. :eek:hdear: I apologize. I really didn't mean any disrespect whatsoever to the victims' family or friends. The tributes dedicated to these guys are all heartbreaking. They appear to be innocent victims of a senseless crime, and I'm not sure this case got the attention it should have based on early media reports. I hope they find justice.

A few points in that article above were exactly what people said on here!

It has been reported that Suspect #2 smoked pot. It has been reported that Suspect #1's behavior, after his failure in boxing, turned more towards studying his religion.

No devout Muslim would drink, smoke or do drugs. If these 3 people were involved in bringing down his brother's quest to be a devout Muslim, slitting their necks (very personal) would send a sign to all what happens to those who derail a pure path. Covering their bodies in marijuana and leaving the money is proof (IMHO) this 'explains' the crime and it's justice.

Moo

I agree that this seems like the most plausible explanation. If it were a drug crime, the killer wouldn't leave the pot and the money behind. This tastes of vengeance to me. Plus the date of the murder seems to be too coincidencidental.

Though I will say this crime seems fraught with coincidences. BM's girlfriend had been upset and throwing knives at him then she left for the weekend (and she was cozy with TT)... and then the neighbor got arrested for trying to steal pot at knife point. That was ruled unrelated, but... weird.

The other thing that bothers me is that these were three strapping young men. Yes TT was strong, but could he really take out 3 gym rats without serious injury? (OTOH, injuries might help to explain his absence from the funeral and memorial service, which he should have attended for cover even if he didn't want to go). Maybe if the three were stoned at the time it could explain how he managed it. Yikes, don't really want to think that scene through.

^ The police thought two men were involved. Which makes more sense than one guy against three.

It has been reported that Suspect #2 smoked pot. It has been reported that Suspect #1's behavior, after his failure in boxing, turned more towards studying his religion.

No devout Muslim would drink, smoke or do drugs. If these 3 people were involved in bringing down his brother's quest to be a devout Muslim, slitting their necks (very personal) would send a sign to all what happens to those who derail a pure path. Covering their bodies in marijuana and leaving the money is proof (IMHO) this 'explains' the crime and it's justice.

Moo
Yet he found another dealer. Guess that did't work.
Okay, so:

-Who gets murdered over selling pot?

- If it were about say, a drug deal gone bad, why would drugs and $5000 be left behind?

- But lets say it was: Would a drug dealer kill three people in such a violent way? Would he bring someone along to help?

- What are the odds that three people have their throats slit on the 10 year anniversary of 9/11 by two people... and they just happen to be friends with a pair of murderer terrorists who talk a lot about 9/11?

Scary.
9/11 - no coincidence there huh?
Covering bodies with pot and money screams "revenge" to me. Sending a message.
Drug deal gone bad-not so much. Why would someone upset about drug deal leave pot on the bodies? They would take this pot if it was about pot, not throw it around.
And not take 5000$ he probably brought the pot and the $ to the murder to
throw off an investigation.
looks like it worked.
quote from the main thread:

I'm wondering when he made the statement that he didn't have even one american friend. maybe he found out his bestie was selling smoke to his younger bro (betrayal)

leaving money/smoke behind makes little sense, unless it's viewed as "unclean"
Want to know why he had no American friends?

He killed all of them!
moo

Moo

I totally agree. The marijuana strewn across the three brutally murdered bodies as well as leaving the money at the crime scene suggest that the murderer(s) were making an in-your-face, sanctimonious statement, like "Here's your effin drugs and money, you losers."

The fact that the murders were done around the date of 9/11 suggest it may have been related to Jihad. Also, I read that a lot of Islamic terrorists decapitate their victims, which also suggest the murderers might have been radical extremists.

I live in Waltham and remember this well. Someone asked a question about the murder rate here and any murder we hear of is a shock!

^ The police thought two men were involved. Which makes more sense than one guy against three.

So who besides TT do we suspect as being involved in these 3 murders? DT? Hmm...

Early TT quotes stated he only had one American friend. Then he posts that he has no American friends.

Don't forget: In addition to quitting the gym or changing to a new one, shortly after the triple murder of his "only American friend" and two other men, TT left the country for 6+ months.
I also read that DT went to Russia in 2012 too. At some point he was probably in contact with TT.

Thursday, before the subjects were officially ID'd and there were only the "official" FBI pics and video, <modsnip>. I inadvertently found a seemingly unrelated story about several reports over the past few months of unexplained detonated explosives. The events occurred in mid-late March in Hanover, MA!!!
http://www.patriotledger.com/news/x711938623/Hanover-bombs-a-mystery-to-police

But I read that DT did NOT go to Russia at any time in 2012.

JMO
Some of the blog posts are awful suspect too and one even mentioned that one of the victims may have been jewish.

The 9/11 date sure seems to come up too often for Bomber #1.

There are an awful lot of coincidences with this murder. Just trying to list them all.

-murder around 9/11, so here is that date again
-one of the vitcims MAY have been jewish of which these type of terrorists seem to dislike
-Weed was thrown on victims and Bomber #1 disliked the fact his brother was smoking weed.
-There is a known connection between Bomber #1 and one of the victims
-Bomber #1 was physically strong and a trained boxer and could easily kill more than 1 person with a weapon like a knife

I am thinking it is very possible there could be a link here to the murders and I think it is very possible one person could have killed all 3. I think LE just assumes 2 people because of the viciousness of it and normally it would take 2 people to overpower 3 people but if the perp was really strong it is possible only 1 perp did this. If it turns out Bomber #2 was getting his weed from one of the victims, I could see Bomber #1 getting upset with the dealers and blaming the dealers rather than blaming his own brother for his choices.

I've seen people on pot before and they are physically weakened and in a slow-moving haze so TT could definitely have taken all 3 guys on if they were smoking pot at the time of the murders.

Also they said the three bodies were found in different rooms which suggests to me that either they were dragged into separate rooms or that each victim had already been in different rooms. If the latter is true, then TT could have ambushed each one separately. Taking on one-against-one is much easier than taking all three against one.

Yes, victims could have been incapacitated by smoking pot/drinking?
In which case one man could have done it. But maybe there were more than one-original articles claimed authorities were looking for two suspects.

I live in Waltham and remember this well. Someone asked a question about the murder rate here and any murder we hear of is a shock!

:Welcome1::welcome5: Nice to have a local posting here!

Thanks for the welcome! That was my first post, I actually registered in the CA trial then have been following the JA trial until everything happened here in Boston. Just wanted to assure people that murders are very rare in this city. I have been here for thirty years!

:seeya: Social media news/networking, i.e., "buzzfeed" is not MSM.

The same "social media" rules apply. (see link in previous post)

If you refer to a comment, include a link. But honestly, if you're seeking truth/facts, it's mostly a waste of time.

:seeya: Social media news/networking, i.e., "buzzfeed" is not MSM.

The same "social media" rules apply. (see link in previous post)

If you refer to a comment, include a link. But honestly, if you're seeking truth/facts, it's mostly a waste of time.

Touche'
Maybe his friends will force the issue

Too much has been missed/ ignored...
Unless there is a DNA match somehow.

New MSM

Boston bomb suspect eyed in connection to 2011 triple murder
By MICHELE MCPHEE
BOSTON April 22, 2013
Tsarnaev and Mess lived just a few blocks apart in Cambridge, in the same predominantly Russian neighborhood. Authorities believe there were times Mess crashed at Tsarnaev's apartment.
It was unclear if Tsarnaev knew the other men slain, Raphael Teken, 37, and Erik Weissman, 31.
(Last night I found an address for BM at 67 Inman St, just under a mile from TT's house at 410 Norfolk.)
One of Mess' relatives yesterday told investigators they thought it was odd that Tsarnaev did not attend the funerals for his slain friend. The Mess relative also described animosity between the two friends "over Brendan's lifestyle,'' two law enforcement sources said. Because it is an open homicide investigation the sources were not authorized to speak on the record.
Authorities will investigate if links come up between bombing suspect and unsolved 2011 slaying
Mess' brother, Dylan, told the AP on Saturday that he and his brother both knew Tsarnaev, but declined to talk about him.
And Charles Paquette, the owner of the Waltham house..., said he met some of Mess' boxer friends but does not know if Tamerlan Tsarnaev was among them.
(The owner of the house wasn't available to speak to the media at the time of the murders. I got the impression he wasn't around that much. The ones who would know if TT was ever at the house are the neighbors.)

**Here it is, discrepancy over the date explained**

Police probe possible link between marathon bomber and unsolved triple homicide in Waltham
04/22/2013 4:58 PM
By Michael Rezendes, Globe Staff
The relative said Sunday that police have renewed the investigation at the request of victims&#8217; relatives who believe Tamerlan, and perhaps his younger brother, Dzhokhar, played a role in the homicides. Authorities have said the victims all had their throats slit.

But the relative interviewed by the Globe said the murders took place the evening before, on Sept. 11,... The relative said he knew this because he was texting one of the victims about a Sunday night football game...when communication with the victims suddenly stopped at about 8:15 that evening.

&#8220;The three of them were definitely killed on Sept. 11,&#8221; the relative said. &#8220;They all stopped using their cellphones at about eight o&#8217;clock that night.&#8221;

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onapick
Back