MA MA - Sandwich, Town Neck Beach, BlkMale UnkAge, UP12568, poss hernia surgery, shirt, dolly, Jun'14

Brown looks quite promising -- he's wearing a dark-colored t-shirt in the photo. Lane sounds like the kind of man who would wind up murdered and decapitated. I think you should send them both in.

No updates that I've seen. He's got a VICAP page: http://leb.fbi.gov/2014/october/vicap-alert

Extra layers of clothes he had on are mentioned here

The torso was dressed in several layers of clothes, most notably a blue short-sleeved t-shirt with “I got serviced” printed on the front and “Cranston Windustrial Company” featured on the back.

The other clothing consisted of black Echo sweatpants; a white Gazy t-shirt, size 4XL; a white Fruit of the Loom t-shirt, size 3XL; and striped Hanes boxer shorts

Case of male torso found on scenic Cape Cod beach still unsolved

Detectives turn to new DNA technology to help solve 5-year-old crime
"We have found a company that specializes in new DNA analysis technology," Lavoie said.

That analysis is underway far from Cape Cod, at Parabon Labs in Virginia, where technicians are trying to match the victim’s DNA to possible relatives and create a digital image to help identify him.

“We're hopeful that this new technology will lead to some results and leads,” Lavoie said.

“I hope that they at least identify the body so they can tell the parents or the family,” Cerulli said. “It would be great if they could get whoever did this to the person and put him behind bars. I would love that."

Anyone with relevant information should call the Cape and Islands State Police at (508) 790-5799 or Sandwich police at (508) 888-3343.

New DNA-generated image gives face to man's torso found six years ago on Cape Cod beach

ESTPSNoXYAMrniZ

A DNA-generated image has finally put a face on a man’s torso found in the dunes of Cape Cod almost six years ago.

Investigators hope distribution of the composite image developed from the man’s DNA will help identify the victim and lead them to his killer.

On June 4, 2014, only the torso of the victim was found, wrapped inside layers of plastic and a tarp, and dumped in the dunes of Town Neck Beach in Sandwich, Massachusetts.

Last year, our sister station WCVB opened the case file on the victim known only as "the man in the dunes."
---
"The limbs were removed in such a way to hinder identification, probably to get rid of tattoos,” said Sgt. Matt Lavoie, lead detective with Massachusetts State Police. “We ran the victim's DNA through the national databases. There were no hits.
---
The victim is believed to have been between 5 feet, 8 inches and 6 feet tall, 230 pounds with a surgical scar on the right side of his stomach, police said.

The torso was found on a blue dolly and was dressed in a T-shirt from Windustrial Supply company in Cranston, Rhode Island.

89827247_2621934674752066_7478458263374135296_n.png

Until now, investigators had no idea what the victim looked like and his killer has never been found. It is a critical first step in any murder investigation to identify the victim, Lavoie said.

New DNA-generated image gives face to man's torso found six years ago on Cape Cod beach

(rsbm)

ESTPSNoXYAMrniZ

A DNA-generated image has finally put a face on a man’s torso found in the dunes of Cape Cod almost six years ago.

Investigators hope distribution of the composite image developed from the man’s DNA will help identify the victim and lead them to his killer.

Interesting. I have seen this case before and thought he could be Cape Verdean-American, since there is a huge community in the area. Maybe Jamaican or Dominican. His ancestry leans far away from all of those, however. In fact, it's not like any I've seen. ~75% Western African, ~15% Southern African, ~5.9% Northeast European. That's pretty solidly West African. But Black/African Americans, who are the largest group of Americans with ancestry from that area, don't usually have the Southern African genes too. They're largely descended from various Bantu, Yoruba, and Mandenka groups captured in what is now modern-day Angola, Nigeria, and Congo. That's pretty far away from Southern Africa. And while Black/African-Americans do usually have a certain amount of European ancestry (ahem) it's largely from Western Europe. The British Isles, mainly. (double ahem.) Not Russia, Ruthenia, Scandinavia, etc. as fall under "Northeast European."

Whoever this man is, his ancestry tells a strange and fascinating tale. May he rest in peace.

I'm sure they did, plus the Russian gangs, the Providence and New Bedford truck-hijacking rings, multiple street and prison gangs, and drug-running gangs new and old. I'm sure you're on the right track, but there's lots to choose from and most of them aren't talking to the cops.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisstanchak
Back