MA - Woman denies medical care to her son

I am on the fence about this one.
The child is autistic ... traumatic enough for a parent to deal with.

I don't know if I see what this mother did as neglect or the actions of a women with lacking financial means trying to raise a sick and disabled child?
The child's father is a deadbeat! I mean he basically left his child and the mother of his child to deal with a serious illness alone.
No help or support.

This is the way I feel, Amraann.

Police said in the report that LaBrie changed her son's appointments a dozen times, failed to administer medication, failed to pick up medications at the drug store and, as a result, "his cancer has returned quicker and stronger.''

When I read this, I did not come to the conclusion that this women did not choose the course of action that she did. I am sure the Doctors emphasized the need for the treatment to save the child's life. How hard is it to pick up medication, make Doctors appointments and keep those Doctor's appointments and administer medication. It appears to me that she choose the course of action that she did, knowing full well the horrible outcome for her son. If a women "excludes" the Father from the life of a child, where he fears "criminal charges", then there is something very wrong with this picture. The child needed his Dad in his life, but often times the "bitterness" of the Divorce, the hatred for the other parent takes precedent over the needs of the child. We have all seen it many, many times before.

I don't blame the Dad, he wanted to be part of his child's life, paid child support, but the Mom decided she called the shots.

At this point, I feel that this was a calculated decision on the Mom's part to ensure that the "burden" of a special child was too much for her. After all the child would need care for the rest of his life. The mother made her bed, but the child will die as a result of her neglect.

You're only hearing one side of the story. The mother may have asked for help. She may have asked the father. The problem is she hasn't spoken and the police don't need to investigate because they have their criminal.

The father sounds like an idiot from what he said. Your child comes first. No matter what. I doubt the mother concealed the cancer from him. If he knew, he is culpable.

That said, the mother could easily be the villain she is portrayed as.

Someone should burn for this. But I'll wait for more info while I'm setting up the barbeque.

IMO, when a parent denys their child medical treatment and the child dies, the parent should be charged with murder.

Well the responsibility of the child's medical needs falls upon the person who is the primary caregiver. This women "IGNORED" her son's medical needs, knowing full well that this will lead to the death of the child.

She did not even pick up medication for the child.

I blame the mother, as far as I am concerned she knew that this child was going to die. It makes her life far more easier to not have to take care of an special child for the rest of her life then to deny medical treatment that will prolong his life.

The mother acted in a selfish manner that benefited the mother, but killed her child.

IMO, when a parent denys their child medical treatment and the child dies, the parent should be charged with murder.

Amen !

This young boy HAD MEDICATION and medical treatments approved for his care. This is NOT about financial distress .... but rather neglect ....!

And the father's lame story of not wanting to see his boy because of conflicts with the mother .... what a joke. He has his parental rights and his allocated time allowed to be with the boy WITHOUT the mother.

BOTH should be responsible ... and both are irresponsible.

Just watching that little boy walk out to hug someone .. anyone .. just broke my heart. May GOD be there for him .... because his parents certainly were not.

Peace.

Well the responsibility of the child's medical needs falls upon the person who is the primary caregiver. This women "IGNORED" her son's medical needs, knowing full well that this will lead to the death of the child.

She did not even pick up medication for the child.

I blame the mother, as far as I am concerned she knew that this child was going to die. It makes her life far more easier to not have to take care of an special child for the rest of her life then to deny medical treatment that will prolong his life.

The mother acted in a selfish manner that benefited the mother, but killed her child.

Agree ... that little boy needed someone to care for him and to look after his well being ... the mother is .... (speechless :furious::furious:) and the father ..... is (speechless .... :furious::furious: ) ...... GOD please bless this little boy. How incredibly selfish of BOTH.

Peace

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pag2507